Reviews for The Huffing Rule
TLWtlw chapter 1 . 9/18
Mary did not go blind from small pox. So I don't think she had small pox scars. In the book it was said to be caused from scarlet fever.
Drumboy100 chapter 2 . 9/5/2016
I like the theme of the checkerboard (very nice opening paragraph, by the way), and the discussion intermingled with the game. Not a very flattering portrait of Almanzo, especially with a pregnant wife, but it's nice to see him show some emotion. I find myself more intrigued by where Cap and Almanzo's friendship is going, than where the ladies end up...
Drumboy100 chapter 1 . 9/14/2015
Cap and Mary? I wonder if Laura had a bit of a crush on him. Unfortunate that Manzo seems not to be happy in his marriage. I very much enjoy your writing style.
previouslyjade chapter 2 . 4/11/2015
Ohhh please update!
Diana Birchall chapter 1 . 2/15/2014
What an excellent story - superb writing, very believable, and a bit chilling! This is fan fiction at its best. Do write more, you're really good!

I write Jane Austen-related stories on the Austen Variations blog, which is great fun too.
Diana Birchall
Azalea.Rose chapter 1 . 9/27/2010
Good job,but if I have my facts straight he dies in 1893, it was really good and I belive I like this endig for him better
A Forgotten One chapter 1 . 2/25/2010
hey cool story...it's really different. i like the chequer board comparison. however i dont think almanzo was like that...ever. nor any of the others.

Always keep faith :)

AFO
Starkitty Angel chapter 1 . 12/4/2008
Intresting. I am intrigued. I wish to see more. I am intrigued by personalities becuase it is so different than what we are used to in the books. I would like to see a closer look at Almanzo and Laura's relationship, if you are interested in doing that as well.
Six of Twelve chapter 1 . 6/27/2008
I liked this story. Cap was always one of my favorite characters from the books. You should expand this into a longer story.
RocknVaughn chapter 1 . 1/28/2008
As much as I hate the idea of Almanzo feeling the way about Laura that he seems to in this story, this story is amazingly well written. You really brought Cap and Almanzo's friendship to life in a believable way that flows well with their friendship depicted in the books.

The theme of checkers and the huffing rule carried throughout the story was inspired.

Really, really great piece. Congrats.
TheOneAndOnlyGiftedGirl chapter 1 . 1/10/2008
Oh, goodness, this was good! :-) Cap has always been one of my favorites from the books. Him and Mary together is sweet. Keep writing!