Reviews for Lightning Crashes
Eva chapter 8 . 9/8/2013
So sad! But I love the Story!
Tenkasen chapter 8 . 4/11/2013
The angst was great, the ending not quite so. The resentment between the two seemed really overplayed in some parts, and just the way the cited occasionally didn't quite fit with their characters. Ben, also, majorally pissed me off. Presumptuous and being a little too judgmental to Dean when he has little knowledge of him is rather arrogant to me. Seriously, who is he to say Sam is like a brother to him to Dean? I understand that he's just going be the fact Sam apparently went to oddly great lengths to not talk about his family, but that isn't something he's got the right to say so soon.
Guest chapter 6 . 12/2/2012
The professor might have accidentally killed a student. I'm guessing that to help them get over their fears, he exposed them to the fear or got them frightened of something else. Maybe it's a creature that feeds off fear that died and turned into a ghost.
Guest chapter 5 . 12/2/2012
Being a hunter is like being a police officer, in my POV. Sam just wanted to be a lawyer, while Dean and John chose a different profession.
christinebleu chapter 8 . 7/24/2012
WOW. This has been such an angsty ride. Loved it though. Great work :)
akanemi chapter 8 . 4/14/2012
fantastic!
Lucy'n'theMachine chapter 8 . 5/26/2011
I really liked your story. I love how you pictured the characters (and, GO BEN!).

You don't often see a fic in which the brothers are arguing, and this one was just perfect.

But honeslty, I just wanted to strangle Sam all along. I can't believe how selfish and patronizing he is. As if Dean could have possibly be worrying about his own future, he was just too busy taking care of Sam (I wish he would have thrown THAT in his face). But the true bastard is certainly John. The guy basicaly ruined his boys' life.

Anyway, great fic! Thanks!
Lilly Emerald chapter 8 . 1/24/2011
that was kind of a sad ending. But a good story idea so I stuck through all their arguments because I like your writing style and it is true to the story of the show at the begining when they where arguing. Anyway I liked it
Lilly Emerald chapter 1 . 1/23/2011
action packed first chapter. I like it so far!
Cushion chapter 8 . 8/2/2010
The last scene in the ending between Dean and John really broke my heart. I mean, god dammit, Dean just never gets to catch a break does he?

I thought you did a fantastic job on the characters. Both John and Sam were being bastards, but I could understand the bitterness and harshness they harbor. You captured the conflict between the Winchester family really well, and the way it was tearing Dean apart to be caught between his family. Ben was really starting to grow on me too by the end.

I love the ending. I find that there are not many stories here with unhappy endings so yours was absolutely refreshing and brilliant.
jespretender chapter 8 . 7/13/2010
Only just found this story! Brilliant! i'm having to go through all your SPN stories now! I loved your Sam and Dean, totally realistic! Really funny snarky talking between them, and what a great story. The ending made me really sad, poor boys.
QuickenMyEnd chapter 7 . 5/21/2010
I just had to laugh, I live in Janesville, and I've never seen it used in a fic before
Mad Maudlin's Dirty Toes chapter 8 . 2/6/2010
Yeah, this one is a sock to the gut. Spot on voices for Sam, Dean, and John and all the pain and distance and tenuous love that I'd expect from them at this time in their lives. Excellent reason why they'd gone two years without speaking in the pilot. I'd always thought there was something that had called Dean to Stanford and that it had ended poorly between him and Sam and this just fits that perfectly. Sam's such a *teenager* here, barely 20 and painfully young and angry and self righteous and you've let Dean be an ass while still showing in painful clarity exactly how much it would cost to be stuck between John and Sam. John's a bastard and I wanted to smack him a lot, but I liked that some of the love and affection from his side came through, especially in the flashbacks, and that he knew, he *knew*, that Dean had been with Sam. Excellent job and definitely now one of my new favorite preseries stories.
Sybrant chapter 8 . 9/2/2009
Sam is such a prissy asshole! He really did act like a teenage girl in that first season so I can totally see this happening if Dean had been summoned to Stanford. I really enjoyed this fic (even if I did want to give Sam a slap). I'd love to see Bens 'professional' analysis of the Winchester brothers :)
Marlowe97 chapter 8 . 7/26/2009
I sereiously considered NOT reviewing - 1 is such a nice number ;-) But then I thought - what the hell! - I liked it. A lot. You got the I'm-pissed-at-the-world-I-live-in, including-parents-and-siblings - mood Sam had to carry around with him.

It was also a very good explanation why they ahdn't been an calling terms by the time the Pilot was aired - as well as why Dean said "two years", though Sam must have been gone longer.

A great, great fic - and since I started it when it was already finished, I never noticed the slow progress.

Up to your other fics now, see ya!

Marlowe