Reviews for A Marriage of Convenience
Cadaverous Apples chapter 3 . 7/29/2009
"Ginny privately thought she’d risk breaking her neck a thousand times more if it meant she got to be close to him again. It was very cosy being held against him, and she would not have minded making it a common occurrence."

...DG or not, this Julian character is some hot stuff! *tries not to salivate all over keyboard*

...actually, I take that back, after reading the rest of the chapter. What is this? She already nearly loves him? Gah! I kind of completely hate that. She's talked to him all of what? Three times? Please! No offense, Kim, but that's not realistic! :/

What WAS realistic, though, was her and Draco's conversation. That was wonderfully done! I especially loved the way you got them to loosen up around each other at the beginning of the dance by being somewhat cordial to each other, and then have it go steadily downhill from there. Do I sense a competition coming on? A bet?

I like how Draco seemed interested in her, but she was having none of it. And now, all chances she had with him as an ally are shot. But she has Narcissa as an ally-this could prove very powerful indeed. I like your Narcissa. Not a big fan of Alexia, though.
Cadaverous Apples chapter 2 . 7/29/2009
Probably not the atmosphere you were going for, but the house elf's "Please come into the parlour and have some refreshments" reminded me of "'Won't you walk into my parlor,' said the spider to the fly" from Mary Howitt's poem. :P

"Though those freckles do make you look a tad too village maiden"-haha, I snorted out loud! Do people in your story REALLY say stuff like that?

Draco and Ginny's first meeting was rather well done. I liked that there was the basic "Oh look he doesn't look as much as a skinny rat as he used to." The best part was that she (gasp!) didn't do the whole, "Ohemgee he is the hawtest piece of arse I've ever seen!" and actually compared him to Julian and thought Julian was better. That was great.

I'm actually kind of curious as to what kind of role Julian's going to have in this story.

And Celia's kind of a bitch, isn't she? I'm getting that vibe, with the subtle backhanded comments to Ginny. Not like massive bitch, but the kind of bitch that can't help it.

Gah, I'm not explaining it well. Either way, on to the next chapter!
Cadaverous Apples chapter 1 . 7/29/2009
Even though this may be cheating a SLIGHT bit, I decided to help you to your goal of 10 reviews. Cheating or not...well, let's just pretend as if I was reading it from the start, so you'd have gotten a review from me per chapter anyway.

The high society thing is pretty cool-outside of the usual DG fics, but also still in fanon enough for it to be not the only one of its kind. I'm curious about this Mrs. Adderson person-what relation does she really have to Molly? How are you going to incorporate her into the story? What was her maiden name?

This also raises some questions about Molly and Arthur as well. We know from canon that Molly's maiden name is Prewett, yet Arthur is still a Weasley. You say that they met at the balls and then eloped, so that must mean that Arthur was originally at least somewhat wealthy to be able to go to the balls (Assuming that now the Weasley boys aren't wealthy because they're not going to the balls, either). How did he lose his money, then?

I don't even know why I'm asking questions, since this story is finished and you probably answer them anyway. I'm also going to be doing shorter reviews than the epic-long reviews I usually do, so I hope you forgive me.

And no guarantees if I finish reading this tonight.
imadoodlenoodle chapter 1 . 7/29/2009
I just had a sudden urge to review. Like someone had sent me some mental mind vibes...

I'm surprised Molly is so relaxed about it all, I would have thought there would be some token worry because of the 'have to marry if asked' thing going on.

Ron was good, not completely OOC. I liked how he was acting like a supportive older brother and not just flying off at everything. Ron was readable.
Lote22 chapter 29 . 7/29/2009
Hello, I really enjoyed the story, it was great. Good job, I loved the concept. I added it to my community "DracoGinny Classics", it truly is one!
triniti71 chapter 29 . 7/23/2009
OMG! That was one of the best stories I have read. I usually do not take to reading fics with more than 5 chapters but ginny/draco is my favorite couple. I was hooked on this story from the first chapter. Do you know I read the whole thing non-stop. practically. and it took me two days. i am soo hooked. I think i am going to go and re-read it right now. my eyes are blurry from looking at the screen non-stop. But i will just squint! Bravo!
gracefulsinger chapter 29 . 7/23/2009
By far my favorite story i've ever read. Really well written and the way you ended it was good. Over all i loved it.
raneonthewyndoepain chapter 29 . 7/22/2009
What a lovely, bitterweet ending.

This story is by far the best marriage-type fic I'd ever read. I got a lot of enjoyment out of it, and occasionally found myself smiling often for whole chapters at a time like the silly romantic I truly am, and I want to thank you for sharing it with all of us. I know I, for one, really appreciate it. :)
raneonthewyndoepain chapter 28 . 7/22/2009
Oh no! He'd better not die this late in the game, that would be just plain annoying.

Glad to see that Kitty and Theo are finally together!
raneonthewyndoepain chapter 27 . 7/22/2009
Aw. This chapter was very sweet and...what's the word I'm looking for? Comfortable. It had a definite Christmas vibe, almost made me miss winter.

P.S. Love the sweater.
raneonthewyndoepain chapter 26 . 7/22/2009
I was surprised to notice that I actually found Lucius' happiness very endearing.

Hmm.
raneonthewyndoepain chapter 25 . 7/22/2009
HA, I knew it! I knew she was pregnant from the moment she said she wasn't feeling well.

You did a good job explaining the Ginny/Blaise situation in your authors note and the first part of the chapter. I'm still not sure it's right of them to let Blaise walk free, but you have to do what's best for the plot, and I respect that.
raneonthewyndoepain chapter 24 . 7/22/2009
Ugh! Zabini is an utter bastard, and I'm kind of disappointed in Draco for not hexing/reporting him, I mean, he tried to rape Ginny! At the same time, however, I understand what they're saying about not wanting any more scandal, and everything does seem to be all right now...
raneonthewyndoepain chapter 23 . 7/22/2009
Oh crap. Oh crap oh crap oh crap.

I somehow knew that was going to happen, but still - CRAP.
raneonthewyndoepain chapter 22 . 7/22/2009
!

That was *amazing*. Seriously. And you've got to be kidding about the rating change, have you read some of the stuff that gets posted on this site? Anyway, it was perfect, although I'm a bit nervous to see how Draco takes Ginny's proclamation...
1,146 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »