Reviews for Long Night
melissasjack1 chapter 1 . 7/11/2010
oh poor Booth...

of my 53582386 reasons why I love Booth list, this fic encaptures a hell've alot of them.
csimesser1 chapter 1 . 10/12/2009
thst was good
Kissa1 chapter 1 . 3/27/2009
I always had a lot of questions about the whole Tessa-situation, and this "answers" one of them; how Booth really felt when he got home to her. From the scene in the episode it wasn't exactly what he'd wanted. The other question I had, which doesn't apply here at all, was when it ended between her and Booth. I can't remember anything ever about him and Tessa being over, just that one day she was there, the next she was gone. Oddness.

I really liked this though. Booth is struggling with having taken yet another life, but the way you portray it is beautiful.
JennCorinthos chapter 1 . 2/12/2009
This was great...

JENNIFER
iamwriter chapter 1 . 3/11/2008
Very moving. Good insight into what Booth was probably thinking. I know when I saw the scene where he was staring off into space, drinking his milk at the table with Tessa, Booth was defenitly not having fun with Tessa.
Habita chapter 1 . 2/2/2008
Fabulous job with this fic. I think you had an amazing idea, very, very original. I think its the first time I read a post "the man in the SUV" like this, totally focused on Booths feelings.

And its perfectly written. I loved that it was divided in little scenes. And each one made me felt how hard it was that night for Booth. You could tell in his apathy during the dinner, and the way he rejects Tessa when they are in bed. I loved this quote: "Relief floods him, and after that, guilt." I think that its what all of us feel when we dont have to do something that we dont want to do, but know should do. I hope it makes sense! Well, what I want to say is that you made a great job making us feel what he is feeling :-)

Also loved this moment, too: "Knowing he won't be able to concentrate anyway, he mutes the sound and doesn't even try to watch the screen". Same reasons. You did it amazing.

"For a second, he closes his eyes and tries to pray. But the words don't come. His mind is empty. No, not empty; too full" Again, perfect.

I loved how you wrote that this time is specially difficult for him because he knew the man. And not only that, but also the man saw him before he shot him. Booth have shot a lot of men before, but its never easy. I love Booth because of that. Because he is strong and brave. But he is vulnerable, too. In my opinion, you made a beautiful and perfect job writing this side of him.

"Those seconds of hesitation could have cost them everything, but damn it, he'd needed to be sure before he took another life." Very powerful quote.

"Damned if he did, damned if he didn't" It made me felt so sad for him...

And I loved that you somehow wrote that, because of what happened, Booth gets to see that Brennan understands. Like a little step in the development of their partnership.

Just my two cents :-) This fic really touched me.

Congrats on a great job and thanks for sharing! :-)
BonesDBchippie chapter 1 . 1/26/2008
L~

HEY HON! Long time no review huh! Sorry for the delays-I've started a new job and real life has had a way of taking all the freebie time. My reviews are in no particular order-I'm randomly picking from my 300 fic notices! ugh!

THIS was a PERFECT continuation of that epi! I think you captured Booth's mood and attitude AWESOMELY! SO somber! SO withdrawn! And yet felt the need to hold all those feelings back from her knowing she'd not understand-Excellent job of writing him! I'll get to your other fics soon-promise!

~G :D
LocoGreggo chapter 1 . 1/24/2008
That was impressive. Great job.
spacekid77 chapter 1 . 1/14/2008
Wow, amazing imagery... I felt like I was literally in his head... I just happened to finish watching this ep tonight. This fic, as with this ep, was packed with emotion... Loved it Lerdo! Couldn't have come at a better time!
mumrulz chapter 1 . 1/13/2008
Right from the beginning you can feel the tension between Booth & Tessa, from the lie about paperwork to having to force a smile at her. He doesn't have that need to talk to her, to share his days events with her.

**For a second, he closes his eyes and tries to pray. But the words don't come. His mind is empty. No, not empty; too full. Of things he doesn't want to give to God.

...love this..so full of emotion..things that he can't share, not even with God.

It is very poingant, the conflict that Booth feels about doing his job. He knows what has to be done, just doesn't like to be the one doing it. Another target...another life.

**"You saved so many people, Booth. Don't forget that." The words echo in his head, and he recalls her eyes when she said them. There was no fear, no loathing. Just...understanding. If that was even possible.

This strange woman who was on a first name basis with death; maybe she did understand, just a little.

...he can't talk to Tessa, he can't talk to God, he can't talk to anyone, he can't justify his actions. With Brennan he doesn't need to..as she just knows & understands.

The only thing that didn't feel right was Tessa calling him Booth. I'm sure that in the episodes she appearedin it was always "Seeley". Other than that it was another perfect example of how spot on you always seem to portray the characters.:-):-):-)
mag31 chapter 1 . 1/13/2008
Ah, I loved this one, too. You write Booth so well, you're amazing.
LordLanceahlot chapter 1 . 1/12/2008
Aww, that was very in character for Booth. You got him spot on. Thanks for this insight!
Nikki chapter 1 . 1/12/2008
Very poignant. This was a great peek into what Booth might have went through. I really enjoyed reading it.
TemperTemper chapter 1 . 1/12/2008

Maybe that's why he'd asked if she wanted another drink.

- Hee, loved that! Yep, you keep telling yourself that Booth!

This is perfectly pitched for Booth in that episode. Love fics that explore that early time in his partnership with Brennan too. Poor Tessa, she never really stood a chance huh?

Thanks for sharing another wonderful piece of writing with us L.

K x
lucyc66 chapter 1 . 1/11/2008
excellent, you got Booth perfectly. it's really stuff like that that brings BB closer to each other