Reviews for Harbinger
LoreVarnes chapter 1 . 10/17
My, Goto248, you sure are outspoken. It would be nice if you could instead either abstain from commenting on or reading a story in the future that you disagree with, since many other users do the same. While it may not align with your values, dragging the various moods of all that read it is not optimal for this sort of environment. Now, I will get back to the story with a mind as open as you mouth. Hopefully, you will take my advice and forget about me henceforth.
goto248 chapter 53 . 10/4
Wow so you took someone else's story built on it and then ruined it with your liberal bullshit. Thanks at least i wont have to look for updates anymore then again the story was dragging on after you started
fancyspinner chapter 1 . 10/3
Before I start reading it seems like this is the sequel to something? I looked and I cannot find the The prequel. Where can I read it?
Emmjoviall chapter 19 . 9/1
I'm still working my way through your epic masterpiece but I wanted to go ahead and leave you a positive review. I loved Forlorn and I've enjoyed reading Harbinger so far! I like that you've developed characters that didn't get much attention in the series. And I LOVE your OCs! They fit so well in with the canon characters and I've been enjoying the storylines you've created for them so far. I'm anxious to see a Naruhina reunion but I guess I'll need to be patient :)
Okay I rarely have written reviews, so I may ramble here. This story is just amazing! All the thought and character development in this are done so well. I’m amazed you’ve created a world that is so intricate and beautiful. From the notes I’m sure you’re busy with life and all, but please continue this as soon as you are able. I’ve gotten so attached to nearly all your characters and this chapter really hit close to home for me. I would love some resolution with the Tama and Sato arc, or Obito’s, or Ten ten’s, or Naruto to get home. They are all so captivating.

Not gonna lie, it can get a little wordy at times but you do an awesome job of balancing character development/stage setting with drama/action. I felt like I was waiting for the Akatsuki’s first attack FOREVER, but it was more than worth it! I’m not a huge fan of smut, even when tastefully done, so I appreciate the ### markings that let me breeze by those points. I just wanted to let you know how much I love this creation of yours and humbly ask you to continue writing as soon as you can! Thank you so much!
yo-yo chapter 53 . 7/31
I have been checking and checking and checking but still no update
yyyyyy!
your story is soooo good
its GOLD!
gingerbridge chapter 53 . 7/31
Wow, not only have you developed a great plot lines, but the characters growths are amazing. I love that you write them as real teenagers with real problems that are not ninja related. The fact that you have imagined all of this and written so much makes you a god among people. Keep up the amazing work.
brutusjr chapter 18 . 6/29
This is a great story, and you are an awesome story teller, but maybe you should think about skipping around less in the future. By the time you get around to a particular story line again, you have forgotten what took place to get you there, as you have five or six other unfinished story lines in place too.

Thanks for sharing.
Can I just point out how cute it is when Neji comes home after his Jounin Trial and as soon as he sees Tenten he SMILES and he can't stop himself from doing it? Oh my god it is just so precious. and how she knew he had succeeded just by observing him and picking up details? Their relationship gives me life. The way they love each other makes me squee and daw constantly. Absolutely my favorite fic and the NejiTen scenes you write are unparalleled. This whole damn story is gold. Thank you for writing with so much dedication!
samsaraknight chapter 53 . 6/19
Great chapter, I stopped to listen to the tracks recommended first. Where do you find this music? It fits your themes perfectly. Pretty much anytime you write something involving Haku and Zabuza the stakes are immediately raised, with this chapter's scene being no exception. Granny Momochi is awesome I'm just hoping she doesn't become a casualty of war in Mist. Finally got the scroll for the Seven Swords this is gonna be sick. And Zabuza can summon toads? Never seen that in my life but it works here. It'd be hilarious if he ends up at Mount Myoboku.

So Tama's Dad is an incontrovertible dick. Who the hell does that to their kid, or the rest of their family for that matter? I have someone who behaves that way in my life, who's just a hair trigger, fit pitching hypocrite. Uh, your daughter just got cheated on so it's okay to scream at her and make her feel like garbage? Just because you're concerned about your family's honor? Fuck that guy. It was good to see Gai doing damage control and his talk with Kakashi. Also, Kakashi got a boyfriend. I can't be mad about it, though I never thought much about the potential pairing. Tenzo seems like a good balance for him, honestly. Kakashi is more invested in the lives of friends, family, students, and most people in Leaf now that he's opened himself up. It makes me wonder how he'll react to Rin and Obito coming home.
fiveflyingsquirrels chapter 53 . 6/19
May I say that your poem selection really sets the mood for the chapter? We are in, or rather, pretty close to Hidden Mist with Zabuza and get some history on the area, as well as a glimpse of Zabuza’s past pertaining to it. Then BAM. Zabuza’s grandma shows up which was truly delightful and I don’t know why I didn’t expect her to have the master scroll for the seven’s swords, but it was still highly entertaining to watch her grandson lose his shit over it. And it’s sweet Haku who negotiates with her and is freed from Honesuki’s spider web AND she gives the 7 swords scroll to him HOLY SHIT that was also great and unexpected. I kept loling over Zabuza’s tantrum, however we get a clear view of the rift between him and his grandma. She seems like a very honorable and tough ninja, and she can’t stand the fact that her grandson is a runaway rogue who never appreciated his family. When she beats on Zabuza, I can see where the resemblance lies with these two! That brief scuffle was a great addition and we witness Haku use the real Nuibari sword for the first time. Omg I was gasping, very exciting stuff. But then I had to give my computer screen skeptical side eye when Gamakichi suddenly appeared, and like Haku it took me a bit to understand that ZABUZA SUMMONED A TOAD. WHAT EVEN?! What is this story…? It’s just a bonanza of twists and fun and I can’t handle it. It makes sense based on the fact that Zabuza is contracted for work under Jiraiya who did say to Zabuza, “You could use a few new tricks. How about some of mine?” I remember that line! Yet I didn’t actually think one of the shittiest human beings of all time would be given the Toad Contract, so we are officially in uncharted territory. Can’t wait to see what you do with that!

Then we take it down a notch in Hidden Leaf, getting a front and center view of Kakashi’s life as he agonizes over Sato’s (possibly) suicidal comments and overlap with the loss of Sakumo. Sato’s pain is just terrible and so relatable. I hope he pulls through. Not gonna lie, though it saddens me to see Sato suffer, I think this is a brilliant way to develop Kakashi’s character too. He looks back on his mistakes, missed opportunities, and regret over losing his dad. He tries to do something, though irrationally, that might prevent Sato from hurting himself. And I LOVED the scene with Gai as they discuss the turmoil in the Maito family and Gai proves what a true friend he is. He really wants to look after his friends and Kakashi is so grateful to him. It brought a tear to me eye. You write these characters so beautifully. BUT. Let’s get to the heart of the matter, shall we? Tenzo is also featured in this chapter and you’ve been dropping hints for a while…but Tenzo helps Kakashi out during his “freak out” and later discusses the past and admits his feelings! So there was some unresolved romantic tension between them after all, and Kakashi may have mistakenly thought Tenzo took interest in a woman when they first started getting together? It’s not explicitly clear what drove them apart, but whatever! Because it was an amazing scene as they hash it out and are silly beans like usual, Kakashi admits to his faults and then also admits that Tenzo is the only person he loves romantically. Tenzo’s flustered reaction was precious. I am very satisfied. I was hoping you’d take the plot this way and you did so thank you! You have a lot of hetero relationships in this fic, however both Haku and Zabuza seem to be bi-sexual based on context clues, and though Tenzo is specifically gay as he says he is…Kakashi doesn’t identify as any one thing? He always was kind of a leaf in the wind, pun intended. Maybe pansexual? Not that it matters, because he’s kissing his boyfriend now. It’s wonderful. Again, whatever is around the corner is going to be a great read I know it.
ta.shrivastava chapter 53 . 6/16
This chapter shows what’s the actual life of a shinobi is like. Through Kakashi’s prospective of course!

I really liked what you did with this chapter. You’ve covered the things which the actual show could never do so, (but hinted quite blatantly.) as always, waiting for the next chapter. From the title, I think there will be something international in that one. (I can hope that I am right.)
Red Wings chapter 53 . 6/15
Oh my GOD.

Haku fighting Zabuza's grandma like that-! My boy has grown up so well! I feel bad for Zabs, but then the way he treats his only living blood relative like that deserves the same treatment. I thought Wong Leung was the only bad*ss senior citizen here (along with Chiyo-baasama), but with this new OC of yours, I am completely in AWE of your characters! Let's recount again just how talented my Haku is: proficient Hyoton user, medical nin (he even has Tsunade's Byakugou seal!), wielder of Nuibari (my favorite Mist sword!), and also, wielder of a special elemental fan that deals out Fuuton like nothing! ::gasp:: He'll be able to go toe-to-toe with any of the Akatsuki soon! But first, dealing with Zabs and spearheading the Mist revolution to overthrow Akatsuki. Good thing Gamakichi was able to help out; go Zabs! You're learning how to be human and help others!

::sigh:: Poor Sato. I really hope he doesn't go the way his grandfather went. Kakashi and Tenzo were good to stop by his apartment to suicide-proof it. I'm sure Tama yelled at Ino a good while and told off some of the villagers sticking their nose into her (and Sato's) private business, but what good does that do when everyone, and her terrible father, are punishing Sato without her say-so? The only one who can be angry at Sato is her! I think Tama needs to let them know that.

Damn. Gai is just that good a guy. Pun intended. Stopping his brother from doing anything worse must've taken a toll on him, too. I hope he's helping to shield Miako as well from Ken; this guy just doesn't stop. He needs to take some counseling more than Sato - but then his own problems need to be examined and needs to be admitted. Only after a good confrontation and dressing down, of course. But who'll do that? Ken is all about saving face and keeping appearances. Who could take him down a peg or two, if not Gai?

Wow. I'm surprised you put Kakashi and Tenzo together like that. Kakashi always seemed asexual to me, and Tenzo career-oriented. But whatever. I'm not too interested in these two the way I am with the other couples in the story.

Now that Tama and Sato are not together, will you have new characters be their new love interests? Give them time to grow and experience as people, as they've never had anyone else but each other? Sato could look after her happiness the way he never has and become a better person, and Tama could still be friend with him, and they can still be in each other's lives, if not together 4eva like Naruto and Hinata will be (and Gaara and Sakura!).

This was a very good length to read! I love the story and I hope you keep up the good work!
dreaddragonknight chapter 53 . 6/14
god damn, one thing you totally nailed from cannon is the universe shitting on Kakashi and yet making things sort of ok... ish? i personally don't ship Kakashi with anyone simply because I figured he was peacefully (for him) single/ just uninterested in it

good chapter, i managed to remember the stuff that happened last chapter for once and so didn't need to skim over it to refresh myself
franzaustria chapter 53 . 6/14