Reviews for Harbinger
Ultra Sonic 007 chapter 10 . 1/17/2009
The twists continue on, straying more and more from canon...

moar plz
Red Wings chapter 10 . 1/16/2009
Where to begin, where to begin? This was the chapter with the most action and with the characters I've been waiting for...besides the others that weren't here! Lemme scroll back up some...

Poor, poor Sakura. What will she do without her Gaara-kun? It's obvious that Gaara will write to her that he can't live without her in Suna, or she should write to him that she'll come over ASAP...whenever Tsunade sees fit to let her prized apprentice go. Not that Tsunade will mind, since this will improve relations between Konoha and Suna. Of course Gaara will become Kazekage, the question is, when will these two tie the knot? That is, will Gaara go through with kidnapping Sakura? I can't wait to see how their relationship turns out!

Ah, ShikamaruxIno! I love this pairing. I was a little surprised at how quickly they got together (the other choice was Chouji/Ino, by the way, will you pair Chouji with anyone else? I'm not saying every other Rookie like him, Shino and Lee need to get with someone, since they can do fine on their own), but then again, it was only a matter of time. They have been friends for a while. Heh, I liked the way their dialogue went about Ino chasing Sasuke and Shikamaru staying out of it, not falling into the whole unrequited jealous/envious guy-friend. It makes sense, it's so Shikamaru to not let the small things get the better of him...though of course, with his Chuunin rank, he's starting to feel the pressures and burdens of his responsibility. I liked how Shikamaru feels that turmoil despite his lazy outward face. It shows that he is human despite his high intelligence. Even the genius needs some love, and Ino can give him that. Just didn't expect him to be so impatient...they're still young though, I still have trouble imagining these two going at it just like that! I had thought that NaruHina or GaaraSaku or even HakuTemari to be first. Aw well. How old are the Rookies now? And Temari and Kankurou?

Yay, Haku! And Pua-chan! I was hoping to see him again. And you delivered! Go Haku-kun! I wondered if you were gonna do the whole Snow Country movie thing for Haku's mission, but you did fine without it. In the Snow, Haku was at his best. And he managed to complete his mission while negotiating with the Snow engineers about the money in exchange for information on his clan! Great. Haku has a start now, eh? Damn that Koinyu! Stay away from my Haku! Geez, you gave me a scare when he was in C2 form. What I didn't expect was for him to meet Konan...and see Pein as well! It was a good thing that Pein didn't wake up. I got worried though, when Haku met Konan. Pua said "Ramen!" If that doesn't shout "NARUTO!" (besides his bright orange suit and loud mouth), then I don't know what does. I just hope Haku is more careful in the future. What the hell, Zabs, treating Haku like that! Poor Haku's being constantly beat up in this chapter. Give him a rest already!

I hope you've had a good Holiday season! School can be hectic, I know. I can't wait to get to the next chapter. I wanna see Team Gai again! I wanna see the Sand sibs and Matsuri. Who else did I not see in this chapter? Sato, Tama (though I know they were referenced), Kiba, Hinata, Shino...that bastard Koinyu reminds me that Sasuke hasn't been mentioned for a while...probably getting high off of steroid and other such power-ups Orochi's been givin' him...oh yeah! I have not forgotten Tobito's family! Rin, Sesshu and Yuma...when will we be seeing them again? Hopefully soon. May we see how well Chouji's been doing? And Tenten! Koinyu's gonna go after her next for Susumajin, ne? And how's that story that Neji's been reading going? I want to know! I have to know!

There are a few spelling errors in this chapter. One is: “Well I haven’t gotten to say you in days and I’ll be damned if I can’t talk to you just because of this stupid wall.” I know you meant 'see', right?

“The desert really is the shitiest place to live. I won’t be going back to a place as troublesome as that.” Needs to be another 't' for "shittiest".

"Shikamaru acknowledged how as a Chunnin he knew better than this, and how teammates were unspokenly off-limits." Chunnin should be "Chuunin". Genin, Chuunin, Jounin.

“Inagawa will receive the full amount, and in return…we will have an alliance.” Haku proposed, “I need assistance in finding other people like me. Snow Devils, you call them. They’re ninja who possess a Blood Limit called the Hyoton…and Zabuza-san still hasn’t helped me very much in that respect.” It's minor, but in the original writing, it's meant to be "Hyouton".

Otherwise, the chapter went smoothly. Heh, I just realized that "What the hell was Ino thinking inviting either Sakura or Chouji to the hot springs?" What with Sakura feeling like crud, and Chouji learning what it is his dad is training him in their family's jutsu, it wouldn't be good timing on her part. I can't wait to see how Sato and Tama are doing. I have not forgotten about Kiba, either. Now that's one triangle I'm looking forward to seeing. Besides Neji, Tenten and Hikune...we haven't seen him in a while, I admit.

If you do happen to go go for the Sand sibs next, I hope we get to see Temari. She has to be thinking about Haku and what he's been up to. Though she wouldn't admit it. It sounds like the next chapter will be a timeskip. Will it? It feels kind of early, despite how I and others do long to see post time-skip Shippuden. We still need to see Neji get Chuunin status then onto Jounin...that is, if you're following that. This is your AU after all. You might as well make Shikamaru Jounin status as well, since we know that he can easily become on once he sets his mind to it, I bet he can surpass Neji in getting Jounin rank first.

By the way, will we get to see Sai? What about Danzo? Will you have Kurenai and Asuma get together? And what about the other Akatsuki members?

Anyways, really, thanks for the double update, I eagerly await the next installment! Tell Korin I say hi! See you in the next chapter!
Red Wings chapter 9 . 1/16/2009
WAHH! DOUBLE UPDATE! DOUBLE WHAM! I saw this was updated 2 days ago, but I held off of reading it (I was sorely tempted to just read it in one day!) until the end of the school week! Thank you, tigerowl, thank you!

To tell the truth, I'm not too familiar with the Star Village arc. However, what with Naruto's training in the Hiraishin, I could not pass this up. Heh, looks like super-speed takes too much out of him. Now he can summon, do the Rasengan (with more force than ever), and now he can perform the Hiraishin (though that still needs working on.

The end of this chapter was icing on the cake. For me, anyways. We haven't seen the other Rookies, so Ino and Sakura coming back from their mission was good. I was hoping that you'd actually write out their mission, though. Still, good job! Linking this with Gaara and the mission that Shikamaru had went with him to the Sand with...heh. Wonder how Sakura will take his message?

The little bit with Ino and Shikamaru was cute. Hopefully we'll see more of Team 10 in the future, right? Individual missions and training will be just as well, too. LOL, Shikamaru got played 'Like a harp'.

See you next chapter!
firelordozaie chapter 10 . 1/14/2009
always love to see the lads pick up piracy after all it helps prevent global warming..

that's right if you take the line graphs depicting the rise of global warming and the decline of seabound pirates over the last 300 years you find something quite astounding, they are directly and utterly inverse, where one goes down the other goes up point for point.. it is most decidedly coincidental but it can only mean one thing

pirates help the ecology and we need more of 'em
Korora12 chapter 10 . 1/14/2009
Well, for some reason, I missed the update of your last chapter. However, that gave me more to read this time. I like the growing relationship between Ino and Shikamaru, it's coming along well. When I first read that Haku was going to snow country, I thought that you were going to have him go through that arc right now. But instead, I can see that said arc will likely take place at a later time, and Haku will be tied into it. Will that be where Konoha finds out Haku's gone rogue? Also, the introduction of Konan and Pein like that is a nice touch, I can only wonder how it will tie into the plot. Keep up the good work and update soon!
aki6 chapter 10 . 1/14/2009
Interesting. Haku was helped by the akatsuki. I wonder if that will make things difficult for him later on. Or perhaps it doesn't mean anything. Shikamru and Ino. Who wadda thunk it?
anthropomorphizer chapter 10 . 1/13/2009
Woot! 2 Chapters at once! Nice work!
King Hawke chapter 10 . 1/13/2009
having him meet Konan and Pein was unexpected, but it's too bad he didn't know who they were and kill them in their sleep. but, the rest was really well written! having the seal malfunction was clever.
Claamchowder chapter 10 . 1/13/2009
Wonderful chapter; written beautifully as always. I simply love how the actions scenes simply flow, allowing me to actually SEE what's going on. Genius. Pure genius.
Silver Warrior chapter 10 . 1/13/2009
what an interesting pair of chapters. Haku's made alliances amongst Dotou's followers? Wow. And whoa, he met Pein and Konan? That's a major surprise.
gfhgjihm chapter 10 . 1/13/2009
Brilliant! Excellent twist on the cannon! Please, update soon please!
Wise Poison chapter 10 . 1/13/2009
What an amazing chapter. I'm slightly befuddled by it so I'm wondering where to start...

First off, Sakura's dilemma was very wrenching. I've been pulling for her and her BF since the previous story and I can't stand the fact that it's falling to pieces like this! Are you really going to destroy those two, Tiger? Please let her deny him this opportunity or some other twist you're so talented at conjuring up. I just don't want to see the Gaa/Sak wither up after all they've gone through...

Wow. I mean wow. Did not expect the...day at the onsen with Ino and Shikamaru. Granted it was adorable (effeminate glasses!), humorous, and insightful. But I gathered from the very slim details that they went ahead to have sex? Out of left field, but never the less gratifying. As an aside, do you write smutt? Do you plan to? With the rating it's perfectly acceptable but I wonder if it'll affect this story in general.

The main event, of course, was Haku's unbelievably awesome journey to the Land of Snow with Pua (minus Zabs.) His outfit change I liked, by the by. Macho. His hike through the mountain pass was very interesting but I was disturbed by the part when he came upon a body while he was singing. (Again off topic, but the prospect of Haku-kun singing or being musically inclined in anyway is delicious.) The body struck me as a very dark, very daunting reality that he was not in a fairytale/winter wonderland. He was on enemy grounds. His mingling with the Snow ninja was superb, though ironic in that they're the villains of the first movie!

So he's a Snow Devil, eh? Can't wait to see how that pans out, really I can't, hurry up Tiger! Koinyu's attack, though forewarned about, Haku could not have defended against. That is a scary idea of being trapped in a state that could ultimately zombify/ make a beast of you. I found his ordeal and how he coped with it very poignant. Then...SWOOSH. Big. Fat. Shocker. Konan. More specifically, Konan and Pein. Did NOT see that coming. Haku just had the chance to freeze up the Akatsuki-most-wanteds and instead groveled for their help?

Aw dude. Bad enough he doesn't even recognize the Akatsuki (since only Naruto and Gaara, I've noticed, have ever encountered them) and this may be the reason why Haku is so prone to being teamed up with nukenin/bad guys. He has a pure heart by poor selection of friends...unless he corrupts them with his goodness?

I digress. I actually liked Konan. She was nice to Pua, nice to Haku. Saved Haku, rather. Saved his ass. She and Pein, it looks like, have something going on, with them being asleep on each other in strange positions and all. I also wonder why Pein was so weak. Couldn't even give orders to an underling, bed ridden, hadn't eaten? What were they doing? Or should I ask, who were they fighting?

Haku back home (and his Jack-Sparrowish return) and his little spat with Zabs was choice. He's not afraid of Zabs because he's wise enough to build up some leverage. If he goes Zabs suffers, maybe(?) Drives the poor Demon of the Mist to drinking. At least he cares. Their dynamic is always worth reading about.

So I wonder how things spiral out from here. Will we see more of Team Gai? It's been a while, for them. We must go back to Leaf! Or my favorite, Obito's family, what about them? I swear to be patient. That book of yours also looks mighty interesting so I'll check it out.

Anticipating the next update! Take care TO.
Wise Poison chapter 9 . 1/13/2009
Gosh is it ever good to see you're back! Happy New Year to you too, Tiger! This chapter was refreshing and executed far better than the actual filler arc, as per usual.

I really liked Sumaru's characterisation. He seems truly conflicted, and also remains mysterious because his past only comes in bits and pieces. The love triangle you had going on was also a twist. I wonder if Sumaru got Hokuto in the end? It looked like it to me.

Naruto shows more maturity in this one, yet still retained his goofy demeanor and jokes, which I liked. His interaction with Ero-sennin was just spot on as always. The battles in this chapter also gave good visuals, what with the Star techniques that were very foreign, fascinating and left a lot of the picture to be interpreted by the reader's imagination. I want to fly too!

Some major delights included Naruto's first use of the Hiraishin (woo hoo), Natsuhi (thank goodness she's alive) becomes Hoshikage, and that new friends were made who can definitely be counted on in the future.

One should not overlook the ending of this chapter which was subtlely cute. Sakura finally got a message from Gaara: how will she react? Oh noes! Shikamaru is played for a sap when it comes to Ino. lol. Do I sense romance, maybe? :3

Thanks so much for the double update! Onward I go!
taintedlegacy chapter 9 . 1/13/2009
Awesome story! I got a new chapter to read as soon as I get out of class! Tight!
mountainelements chapter 10 . 1/13/2009
Wow, Haku seems to be making friends with a lot of the villains. He also seems to be losing some of his morals. I'm surprised he was willing to steal that boat. It's a bit disappointing that he seems to always need to use the curse seal.
294 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 .. Last Next »