Reviews for Harbinger
Silver Warrior chapter 11 . 2/1/2009
love the back history of Obito and Rin and how things came to where they are now.
Claamchowder chapter 11 . 2/1/2009
As usual, awesome chapter, tigerowl! The way you write this makes the characters seem almost real. 8D
taintedlegacy chapter 11 . 2/1/2009
Can't wait to see what happens next! Keep up the good work and update soon!
Morlin chapter 10 . 1/18/2009
Wow. That was probably your best chapter so far.

I love Sakura's opening scene. Even if it really did break my heart in the end. A brilliant showing that it's not just negative steps in life that comes back to bite you in the ass. Despite being short the whole scene gave us so much in terms of Sakura's emotional reaction from the happiness to the natural jealousy against a foe she can't just punch through a wall, and ending with her despair. The last one was especially well done as it really showed her human side. I'm now going to hold out for a meeting between Gaara and Sakura and hope that they'll sort this out somehow. Because I love the couple!

Haku and Pua's adventure in the Snow country was amazing. It was just plain fun to see him experience it all with a companion that wasn't loudmouthed, deadpan snarky or a trained killer. Even though they weren't there I could clearly imagine how the mission would've been if Gaara and/or Naruto had been there. It's a testament of how well-defined you've made the three from each other.

Seeing Haku handle the first movie filler ninja so handidly and then peacefully negotiate an agreement with them was wonderful. Not only does it show how disputes can be solved non-violently but also gives us that taste of interesting moral ambiguity that courses through this epic story. You've also made the trio more fun and intriguing than I remember them being in the movie. Well done.

Naturally you just had to break this good natured feeling with Koniyu... that you did so made the encounter all the more fun to read. So he has magnetic abilities like the third Kazekage huh and he was very well-versed in fighting ability. Future encounters with him should be a blast and emotional roller costers, personally I'm hoping for a fight between him and Zabusa.

Haku's torment in his cursed seal form was even more heart wreching than Sakura's love porblem. I really felt sorry for him and feared that he'd have to stay in that form longer than he did. But then you threw yet another twist into the machine. Adding Konan was just... I can't come up with the right word for it. But it's good. It's funny that she's been shown to be more competent in this single chapter than in the actual manga. Her helping Haku and us knowing what she's a part of is another part of that moral ambiguity I mentioned before. Great stuff. And an extra yeays for the Pein cameo.

Then it was back to the fun stuff with Haku taking after Jack Sparrow and his relationship with Zabusa taking another odd step forward. They're hilarious, disturbing and kind of poignant together.

With all the heart-wreching, fun adventuring, great action, interesting twists and fan-service cameo this was indeed the best chapter so far. Now to eagerly await the next one.

...before I forget. Pua is the definition of KAWAII!
Morlin chapter 9 . 1/18/2009
YEAYS! A double-update! The slightly late review is because of me being lazy.

This was a fun chapter with great action scenes, interesting relationships between anime-filler characters and good development in Naruto's abilities.

I feel bad for Sumaru's unrequited feelings, but at the same time I hope that if we see the group again that Mizura and Hokuto are still together. Still a great display of commaraderie in the face of emotional issues. It's not very often we see that.

It was also fun seeing Jiraiya do more than just train Naruto for a change. He's such a fun character and you've captured him quite well so I hope to see more of him doing stuff like in this chapter in the future.

And Naruto's continued growth still impresses me. As always, I much prefer the steady growth you have going for him over other fics' instant super-warrior or even the manga's way too slow build up with the occasional spurts of coolness. Now he's learned how to do hiraishin, working out the kinks is the big problem. Should be fun to see.

And you just broke my heart with Sakura's happiness at Gaara's letter when I know that it'll just bring heartache. Meany, nah I'm loving it.

Good chapter, now unto the next one.
Ultra Sonic 007 chapter 10 . 1/17/2009
The twists continue on, straying more and more from canon...

moar plz
Red Wings chapter 10 . 1/16/2009
Where to begin, where to begin? This was the chapter with the most action and with the characters I've been waiting for...besides the others that weren't here! Lemme scroll back up some...

Poor, poor Sakura. What will she do without her Gaara-kun? It's obvious that Gaara will write to her that he can't live without her in Suna, or she should write to him that she'll come over ASAP...whenever Tsunade sees fit to let her prized apprentice go. Not that Tsunade will mind, since this will improve relations between Konoha and Suna. Of course Gaara will become Kazekage, the question is, when will these two tie the knot? That is, will Gaara go through with kidnapping Sakura? I can't wait to see how their relationship turns out!

Ah, ShikamaruxIno! I love this pairing. I was a little surprised at how quickly they got together (the other choice was Chouji/Ino, by the way, will you pair Chouji with anyone else? I'm not saying every other Rookie like him, Shino and Lee need to get with someone, since they can do fine on their own), but then again, it was only a matter of time. They have been friends for a while. Heh, I liked the way their dialogue went about Ino chasing Sasuke and Shikamaru staying out of it, not falling into the whole unrequited jealous/envious guy-friend. It makes sense, it's so Shikamaru to not let the small things get the better of him...though of course, with his Chuunin rank, he's starting to feel the pressures and burdens of his responsibility. I liked how Shikamaru feels that turmoil despite his lazy outward face. It shows that he is human despite his high intelligence. Even the genius needs some love, and Ino can give him that. Just didn't expect him to be so impatient...they're still young though, I still have trouble imagining these two going at it just like that! I had thought that NaruHina or GaaraSaku or even HakuTemari to be first. Aw well. How old are the Rookies now? And Temari and Kankurou?

Yay, Haku! And Pua-chan! I was hoping to see him again. And you delivered! Go Haku-kun! I wondered if you were gonna do the whole Snow Country movie thing for Haku's mission, but you did fine without it. In the Snow, Haku was at his best. And he managed to complete his mission while negotiating with the Snow engineers about the money in exchange for information on his clan! Great. Haku has a start now, eh? Damn that Koinyu! Stay away from my Haku! Geez, you gave me a scare when he was in C2 form. What I didn't expect was for him to meet Konan...and see Pein as well! It was a good thing that Pein didn't wake up. I got worried though, when Haku met Konan. Pua said "Ramen!" If that doesn't shout "NARUTO!" (besides his bright orange suit and loud mouth), then I don't know what does. I just hope Haku is more careful in the future. What the hell, Zabs, treating Haku like that! Poor Haku's being constantly beat up in this chapter. Give him a rest already!

I hope you've had a good Holiday season! School can be hectic, I know. I can't wait to get to the next chapter. I wanna see Team Gai again! I wanna see the Sand sibs and Matsuri. Who else did I not see in this chapter? Sato, Tama (though I know they were referenced), Kiba, Hinata, Shino...that bastard Koinyu reminds me that Sasuke hasn't been mentioned for a while...probably getting high off of steroid and other such power-ups Orochi's been givin' him...oh yeah! I have not forgotten Tobito's family! Rin, Sesshu and Yuma...when will we be seeing them again? Hopefully soon. May we see how well Chouji's been doing? And Tenten! Koinyu's gonna go after her next for Susumajin, ne? And how's that story that Neji's been reading going? I want to know! I have to know!

There are a few spelling errors in this chapter. One is: “Well I haven’t gotten to say you in days and I’ll be damned if I can’t talk to you just because of this stupid wall.” I know you meant 'see', right?

“The desert really is the shitiest place to live. I won’t be going back to a place as troublesome as that.” Needs to be another 't' for "shittiest".

"Shikamaru acknowledged how as a Chunnin he knew better than this, and how teammates were unspokenly off-limits." Chunnin should be "Chuunin". Genin, Chuunin, Jounin.

“Inagawa will receive the full amount, and in return…we will have an alliance.” Haku proposed, “I need assistance in finding other people like me. Snow Devils, you call them. They’re ninja who possess a Blood Limit called the Hyoton…and Zabuza-san still hasn’t helped me very much in that respect.” It's minor, but in the original writing, it's meant to be "Hyouton".

Otherwise, the chapter went smoothly. Heh, I just realized that "What the hell was Ino thinking inviting either Sakura or Chouji to the hot springs?" What with Sakura feeling like crud, and Chouji learning what it is his dad is training him in their family's jutsu, it wouldn't be good timing on her part. I can't wait to see how Sato and Tama are doing. I have not forgotten about Kiba, either. Now that's one triangle I'm looking forward to seeing. Besides Neji, Tenten and Hikune...we haven't seen him in a while, I admit.

If you do happen to go go for the Sand sibs next, I hope we get to see Temari. She has to be thinking about Haku and what he's been up to. Though she wouldn't admit it. It sounds like the next chapter will be a timeskip. Will it? It feels kind of early, despite how I and others do long to see post time-skip Shippuden. We still need to see Neji get Chuunin status then onto Jounin...that is, if you're following that. This is your AU after all. You might as well make Shikamaru Jounin status as well, since we know that he can easily become on once he sets his mind to it, I bet he can surpass Neji in getting Jounin rank first.

By the way, will we get to see Sai? What about Danzo? Will you have Kurenai and Asuma get together? And what about the other Akatsuki members?

Anyways, really, thanks for the double update, I eagerly await the next installment! Tell Korin I say hi! See you in the next chapter!
Red Wings chapter 9 . 1/16/2009
WAHH! DOUBLE UPDATE! DOUBLE WHAM! I saw this was updated 2 days ago, but I held off of reading it (I was sorely tempted to just read it in one day!) until the end of the school week! Thank you, tigerowl, thank you!

To tell the truth, I'm not too familiar with the Star Village arc. However, what with Naruto's training in the Hiraishin, I could not pass this up. Heh, looks like super-speed takes too much out of him. Now he can summon, do the Rasengan (with more force than ever), and now he can perform the Hiraishin (though that still needs working on.

The end of this chapter was icing on the cake. For me, anyways. We haven't seen the other Rookies, so Ino and Sakura coming back from their mission was good. I was hoping that you'd actually write out their mission, though. Still, good job! Linking this with Gaara and the mission that Shikamaru had went with him to the Sand with...heh. Wonder how Sakura will take his message?

The little bit with Ino and Shikamaru was cute. Hopefully we'll see more of Team 10 in the future, right? Individual missions and training will be just as well, too. LOL, Shikamaru got played 'Like a harp'.

See you next chapter!
firelordozaie chapter 10 . 1/14/2009
always love to see the lads pick up piracy after all it helps prevent global warming..

that's right if you take the line graphs depicting the rise of global warming and the decline of seabound pirates over the last 300 years you find something quite astounding, they are directly and utterly inverse, where one goes down the other goes up point for point.. it is most decidedly coincidental but it can only mean one thing

pirates help the ecology and we need more of 'em
Korora12 chapter 10 . 1/14/2009
Well, for some reason, I missed the update of your last chapter. However, that gave me more to read this time. I like the growing relationship between Ino and Shikamaru, it's coming along well. When I first read that Haku was going to snow country, I thought that you were going to have him go through that arc right now. But instead, I can see that said arc will likely take place at a later time, and Haku will be tied into it. Will that be where Konoha finds out Haku's gone rogue? Also, the introduction of Konan and Pein like that is a nice touch, I can only wonder how it will tie into the plot. Keep up the good work and update soon!
aki6 chapter 10 . 1/14/2009
Interesting. Haku was helped by the akatsuki. I wonder if that will make things difficult for him later on. Or perhaps it doesn't mean anything. Shikamru and Ino. Who wadda thunk it?
anthropomorphizer chapter 10 . 1/13/2009
Woot! 2 Chapters at once! Nice work!
King Hawke chapter 10 . 1/13/2009
having him meet Konan and Pein was unexpected, but it's too bad he didn't know who they were and kill them in their sleep. but, the rest was really well written! having the seal malfunction was clever.
Claamchowder chapter 10 . 1/13/2009
Wonderful chapter; written beautifully as always. I simply love how the actions scenes simply flow, allowing me to actually SEE what's going on. Genius. Pure genius.
Silver Warrior chapter 10 . 1/13/2009
what an interesting pair of chapters. Haku's made alliances amongst Dotou's followers? Wow. And whoa, he met Pein and Konan? That's a major surprise.
359 | « Prev Page 1 .. 5 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 .. Last Next »