Reviews for Harbinger
LordGraygem chapter 41 . 1/28
Man, it is just so awesome to see update notices for this story, because I know I'll be getting a nice, solid chapter to dig into. (Especially since so many other Naruto fanfic authors that I follow seem to have gone into hibernation or some such.)

And watching that word just jumping upward toward 1,000,000 is fun too.
SpicyWifey chapter 41 . 1/27
Glad to see Tama is doing well. Crossing my fingers that her surgery goes well too.

At first I was a little disappointed that Hinata wont overlap with Naruto anymore because their scenes are always so interesting, but then I realized that without talking to each other for a while it will only make their reunion when Naruto goes back to the village even better! So I am all for it! You know what they say "absence makes the heart grow fonder..." ...or something like that... lol (Now crossing my fingers that he goes home soon lol)

LMAO that must have been some bad squirrel Sato and Shino were eating. Go with the fish next time for sure.

Also when Haburo was acknowledging Tenten I think you meant to say Fujita's 'sister' instead of 'brother'

It was a great chapter! Update Soon :)
arsenicminds chapter 41 . 1/27
everybody needs a Tenten in their life bc damn is that girl loyal but seriously I did not expect this at all when you said in the last chapter that the Hyuga clan was going to shut the fuck up I thought that Hiashi or neji decided to tell them some shit not tHAT MY BABY TENTEN WAS GOING TO BE ADOPTED LIKE JESUS my heart is happy for nejiten
thank you for the chapter tigerowl! this made me happy I hope the next chapter is soon bc "Blondie Sage" is getting me so hyped up (and its not the 8:30 pm coffee break)
DraconesUzumaki chapter 41 . 1/27
When I saw the mention of a red cheongsam, I about fell over laughing as I figured out how badly that dickwaffle of an elder had just been stomped. Hideyasu's got himself some balls of steel there, but still. DAYUM SUN! GIT REKTIFIED! I can't wait to see where this goes. This is the oldest ongoing story I've ever read, and one of the first. I love it. From Forlorn through Harbinger and beyond.

Keep on writing,
DraconesUzumaki
dreaddragonknight chapter 41 . 1/27
congrats you can make the most bullshit solutions seem complety resaonable
Brightheart10 chapter 41 . 1/27
I really really liked that.
arsenicminds chapter 40 . 1/17
YO i love Wong leung's attitude and his nickname for Neji: Kitten-Paw it suits him ahh AND OH MY GODS, kURAMA BABY this chapter was beautiful. showed our human side,in my opinion, our fragility and craving for human contact. can't wait for the next chapter
Tristan chapter 40 . 1/15
Please update soon. This is by far one of the best fanfics I have ever read. And one question: Is Hinata's Misago Byakugan really the Tenseigan just under a different name? Because that would be freaky lit as heck!
niklashuebler64 chapter 40 . 1/11
Nice chapter as always :)
This is one of the better fanfics I have read so far
Keep the good work up!
Red Wings chapter 40 . 1/7
Wow. Just wow.

Hyuuga Haburo is really a bastard. A Magnificent, cunning, evil bastard, for sure. To threaten to do that to his own grandchildren...

Neji now knows that being heir to the clan isn't all that's cracked up to be. Just when we thought things were going great with Hiashi, it turns out that not even the head of the clan can help him. I really liked how you explore this side of the Hyuuga clan's inner workings, their politics and all the rules governing them. In canon, there isn't much that's done with them, but you extrapolate very well to your advantage. There's more to the Hyuuga clan than mere 'Main' and 'Branch' house. I always thought there was more to it than that. Hiashi may be Clan Head now, but how he got there...well, if it was decided that Hizashi had more talent than his older brother (by a few minutes!), then Hinata and Hanabi would be in the Branch, and Neji in the Main House. But it doesn't matter when the elders, a shadowy, powerful council with influence, can place their own sons and daughters in whatever place they like.

Being heir or Head of the clan doesn't matter. They're just figureheads. What matters is what the Elders want, and Haburo wants the Hyuuga traditions to be upheld. Neji has a long road of obstacles ahead of him. Good thing Lee is there for him. Wong Leung is awesome! Gotta feel for Lee and Grandpa, cuz Wan Kam is a real douchebag. Ironic though, that Lee did become a martial art superstar...in the Tournament. Neji is a genius, so he will definitely find a way to change the Hyuuga and smack Haburo in the face for all that he's done to the family.

It's nice how you introduce other members of the Hyuuga. They're not just faceless Souke or Bunke members - they have their own stories and character. So there is a Main Branch woman who was sealed and put into the Branch for her disobedience, eh? But she's happy where she is. It's good that Neji is reaching out, talking to his other clan members, and doing what Hinata would definitely do.

Though, blaming his dead father for his lot in life is rather disrespectful. I get that Neji is upset because of what Haburo had told him, but Hizashi only wanted what was best for his son. Neji just needs to think about how to prioritize and handle his problems one at a time, when he can and where he can.

Naruto and Hinata together are so cute! And oh ho, they're on the verge of some long overdue exploration! At least they can talk to each other. Naruto is so mature, it's so sweet of him to think of his girlfriend and what's best for her and him. I do hope Naruto finishes training with the toads soon. And oh my, getting turned into a statue! Good thing that never happened in canon. Kurama is being such a jerk, but then, at this point, he still hates his host and everyone around him.

Interesting that Kinji, this new OC Toad Sage, was busting Kurama-controlled Naruto around like a boss. Poor Naruto...he'll feel that in the morning. Oh, so the Toad Elder knows about Rikudou Sennin? That is the 'Father' that Kurama is referring to, we know. Kurama has much affection for him, but he hates the world like an angry teenager right now. Though it's understandable.

Even Kinji has a backstory! Gotta enjoy these minor details. Kinji, for all his success with his theater, his mastery of Sage Arts, and his knowing Minato, doesn't want to see his parents? Suddenly, he seems more normal. So he's annoyed that his parents keep bugging him about not finding a wife to settle down with yet? Wimp. Just deal with it!

Thank you for this wonderful chapter. Keep up the good story!
DragonFire44 chapter 1 . 1/7
I feel like I'm missing stuff... in ur summary it says a continuation of Forlorn - so that means this is a sequel? I checked and there is no story called that.
I tried reading this anyway... but u have people ive never heard of before, and some could be made up characters. I ended up skipping sections... and well didn't make it past this chap...
I was put off when u introduced Rin as an Inzuka seeing as she's not one in the show... and all I kept thinking is I'd like to see Obito, and more about Rin/Obito. Though her having a child 'Yuma' was off putting. Anyway I just felt too lost in the story and sounds like I'm reading a sequel.
fiveflyingsquirrels chapter 40 . 1/6
Why are you TROLLING ME YOU EVIL AUTHOR? I was so happy that NejiTen was happening and looking forward to Neji’s leadership of the Hyuga clan and then this…this bobkes happens. Neji’s elder/great grandpa is a steaming pile of douche who completely rains on my happiness parade. He’s manipulated Hiashi and Neji into having no choice but to cooperate and limited their influence in the clan, threatened pretty much everyone, forced Neji to make a match in the Main House, etc.

Now I will say, it kind of does make sense for this type of conflict to rear its ugly head. Neji and Hinata have been riding high for a while in this fic and while I’ve gotten used to it, it’s about time for them to deal with some serious issues in their clan. Though heartbreaking, it WAS very interesting to see Neji go through the motions of processing his options and what is to come. The scene in the cemetery was moving and you did something that few fic authors do, with Neji assigning some blame on his father for his problems, whom he normally revers and considers faultless because of his sacrifice. That surprised me in a good way. Neji kind of gets a grip there and…hold on a minute. Who is the mystery person in the cemetery laying flowers on the grave of the Fourth Hokage? I think you dun slipped something crucial in there that we weren’t supposed to notice. Explain! Who was/is that character? Gah.

I was crushed while reading Wong Leung’s story about Lee’s father and how they arrived in the Fire Country. Cool too that Neji is beginning to understand another language, but man. This explains why Wong Leung was so strict with Lee. He was hurt badly and heartbroken by Wan Kam, who was an incredible a-hole who abandoned his father and son when business went awry. Lee has a wonderful grandpa and it was great to see Neji acknowledging and appreciating that. It kind of comes full circle when Neji is at home agonizing and doing nothing, and he has a talk with Lee. Lee is supposed to be here. For his friends. For Neji! You have officially obliterated my heart. I love how you’ve made these characters so close and relatable. Lee will help him through this.

Tenten is still unaware of the insanity that is going on, and I question Neji arriving at his choice to join the Branch before speaking to her, but…it’s obvious he decided on that because he loves her. Can’t fault him for that. But he’s right! She would argue the point with him and try to make him reconsider, based on her no-nonsense, tough attitude. I know it’d break her heart to lose Neji, but she’d still want what’s best for him. I cannot wait to see what you have planned now, because I honestly have no clue what Neji is going to do, what Tenten will say, how everyone will react, how Naruto will feel about it…all of that. It’ll be crazy. I am bracing for it.

Then on Mount Myoboku Naruto and Hinata get a little too close with her overlaying ability. I quite enjoyed that! They are precious sunshine children who want to respect each other and are painfully polite, but I’ll say I am ready for them to get naughty. Better still when Naruto comes home so they can be a little bolder. I have got to admit that I did NOT see it coming when Naruto turned into a toad statue. I kind of shook my laptop like, wut? Did I read that right? Yeah no. He turned to rock and Pa, Ma, and Jiraiya lose their minds for a minute, but the unlikely savior is Kurama, who staves off the effects of natural chakra! Phew!

Except that Kurama takes over and hilariously fucks around the valley while being squashed by natural energy atmosphere. When Jiraiya muttered “hot shit on a shovel” I lost it. You also used this opportunity to introduce Ma and Pa’s child, Kinji, who is ALSO a Toad Sage. Makes sense they have a kid because they’re like hundreds of years old and have been married for about that long. Kinji is interesting. Actually he’s very entertaining and I did hear the NY accent you were going for. Lol That was a great little fight scene and the Great Toad elder breaks it up. Oh! So Kinji was a friend to Minato back in the day? Gosh I love this story. Give me more soon!
SpicyWifey chapter 40 . 1/5
Whoa can't wait to see how Neji's decision will play out.

Lolol it was soo funny what happened to Naruto while he and Hinata were chilling together...at least she was chilling in his head, but omg! I was laughing so much, I really enjoyed reading that. You write Naruto's personality so precise lol I could always literally imagine him doing or saying something that he does here. He is the most entertaining to read... well probably because all the funny stuff happens when he is around lol

And then here comes Kurama lol I love how he contemplated whether it was even worth it to become free lolol!
Brightheart10 chapter 40 . 1/5
Short but good!
LordGraygem chapter 40 . 1/5
For all the time and amazing work you put into this story, rolling steadily onward to 1,000,000 words, it's a freaking shame that it doesn't have more followers, favorites, and reviews than it does.

Kurama's whole bit had me rolling though. Pruneballs...
467 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »