Reviews for Harbinger
my 2 guys chapter 5 . 6/15
fiveflyingsquirrels chapter 34 . 6/15
So I am stewing on a variety of emotions right now. Thanks for ramming this chapter right up my feels.

It could be that the very obvious highlight: Gaara’s admission of being a jinchuriki and then getting the literal BEST response he ever could have dreamed of, should be the standout event here. BUT. Fucking Sato just pooed on my new otp. Interestingly, he is very hard to dislike or hate despite his cheating, which by all accounts should not be the case, but IT IS. He is still a sympathetic character, and I don’t know if it’s because I like him too much, if it’s because of his immediate regret and self-flagellation the morning after, or if maybe this event is going to transform him into Kakashi (or be more of an analog now), sorta kinda? The character development, though traumatizing, is undeniable. It is fucking impressive. It is scary and so real that even though I have not lived through such a thing myself, I feel like I have as I read about Sato. That is nuts. I am hurting. Why God, WHY? And what happens to Tama now? Does she find out? Does she die in her match with Huo? Does she find out and THEN die, and if so then you get a well-deserved fuck you, tigerowl, for dragging a proper female character through the mud and plunging her straight to hell. That WOULD be amazing and rarely achieved, but still, that’s a “fuck you” right in the face. Please do not make her suffer! Even Sato is scrambling to find a way to avoid Tama’s sadness or suffering! Won’t you do the same?

On the flipside, everyone is wearing super cool outfits that make me wish they were illustrated for our viewing pleasure. Can we make that happen? Are you an artist or do you know any? In my mind’s eye they all look incredible and grown up. The morning hangovers Tenten and Neji are dealing with are comical, as I anticipated, and Neji’s reaction to seeing his hot girlfriend dressed to the nines was also a delight. AND! You dressed Lee as Bruce Lee’s character Hai Tien from Game of Death. 100 points to Gryffindor or whatever the hell house you belong to, tiger. I love it. Pretty much all character interactions are again spot-on and enjoyable, especially Ino muttering about how difficult it was to successfully get Sakura laid. OMG. I also liked the entrance to the Exam Finals and am most pumped to see the matches! I know Ino and Sakura are not going to have a fight like the one they had in canon, as they are now long past their scruples and are true friends, ready for a good and honest rumble. Can’t. Wait. I am still stressing over Tama, though. And WTF, it sounds like everyone is confident in Neji to clean Sato’s clock. BUT GUESS WHAT? Sato totally looks like he is gonna forfeit. He is in total shutdown and has lost the will to compete before he even started. I bet that’s where you’re going with it! Neji will easily zip to the second round.

Now I’ll circle back to the big scene in the beginning of the chapter with Gaara and Sakura. It was truly sublime. It was wish fulfillment laced with comedy and humanity. It was great, tigerowl. The sex scene was a sting of reality which I felt was well executed. It wasn’t just BOOM! Best sex of their lives. It was really: shit, we have no idea what we are doing and we forgot the condoms. Let’s try to make the best of this. LOL I appreciated how you respected their characters and let the details shine. It was sexy, even if it wasn’t as perfect as Sakura had imagined. Good job! Write more of those! I have a hunch Neji and Tenten will bang soon, if the flirtation is anything to go from. But yeah, everything with Gaara and Sakura was awesome, and I was tickled to think of Naruto and Haku coming home to a newly renovated home! Lmfao.

I see that Tazuna and Natsuhi are the guests of honor! I hope you show what they think of the Exam. This is gonna be gooood!
imnotadriana chapter 34 . 6/14
That. Was. Fucking. Beautiful.
Morlin chapter 32 . 6/14
Let's just accept that I am in general a slow reviewer. The updates usually come in when I am sleeping and then stuff just gets in the way. But enough about that. Important review time.

It is a delight to see Hinata so relaxed yet contemplative. Seeing the story and characters take time to ponder over themselves, the events that have involved them and others so throughly is one of my favourite things with this fic. That we start it off with Hinata, one of my favourites, is also very helpful. You manage to make her faithful to the original while expanding on the character in mature ways, true for all of the characters but we are starting with Hinata. It especially shows in her relation with Hanabi who gets to be more of a little sister here instead of the sibling that the family holds up at Hinata's expense. They are pleasant together here.

And more specifics about the misago byakugan is always appreciated. Especially when it is elavated as more than a super byakugan. Now it's that and astral/mind projection for booty calls... or just meaningful conversations. I really like your depiction of Hinata and Naruto's sorta reunion. You can really feel that they're in a respectful and loving yet still budding romance. It's sweet and adolescent in the best ways.

Tsunade is always fun to hang around as well along with her begrundence at the position she's accepted. It was amusing to see her and Danzo on the same side of something. You still want to throttle the guy for existing, but just this once his paranoia is good to have around. Hopefully. And I'm just tickled by how well Tsunade is getting along with Sai and Tenzo, and the rest of the ANBU. It just helps the idea that they all have lives of their own, another thing I love about this fic.

Gaara's little side quest is as always very appreciated. He's being very adult like the original but with a bit more of an edge that I enjoy immensely. His and Sakura's expanded adult relations will have to wait, probably for the better. For now they will have to settle for being patient and mature and not jump each other when they meet up. Which naturally suck for them but it's hilarious to us.

Speaking of hilarity. Shukaku deserves his own paragraph just so I can voice how much fun he is. The bit about needing to read up cracked me up quite a bit. More of Shukaku and Gaara's interactions is appreciated. And I am very much looking forward to when Gaara reveals Shukaku's existence to Sakura with eye-gouging interest.

Neji's growing appreciation of Tenten and their relationship is the most fascinating takes on said relationship. It's just nice to see them so close after all of the trouble they've faced.

And the theme of our dear couples being intimate but having to back off, or being unable in NaruHina's situation, isn't lost on me. You are building up to very adult situations. I just know it.

A great chapter for both reflections and advancement. Now on to the next one.
dreaddragonknight chapter 34 . 6/13
brilliant, i really enjoyed the character development, though i am admittedly thrown off a bit by Sato's lust and what not, expected him out of everyone 2 b more restrained than that, but it is also interesting in its own way. Love the Team Gai parts the most
SpicyWifey chapter 34 . 6/13
Whoaaaaa cant believe he cheated! Cant wait to see whats gonna happen next!
SpicyWifey chapter 33 . 6/13
Awwwwww I wanted to know what Naruto said to her in the letter and what she replied back, since those letters are the only interaction we get to see between Naruto and Hinata. Well... besides the whole body take over thing lol

Now we wont get to see much because Hinata will be caught up in the Chunin exams and so she'll be unable to write him.

But cool chapter! Update Soon :)
ch405-5p34r chapter 34 . 6/13
Somehow I knew Sato was going to do exactly that, but I didn't want to believe...
Anywho, great chapter once again! Kinda feel bad Naruto is missing out on all the good stuff, but I'm super excited to see how these Exams go down. Of course, Shizune's hope that everything will go well is pretty much a guarantee it won't, so I'm ready to see just what goes wrong (99.9% chance it involves Huo).

Looking forward to more story and tastefully done smut soon!
dreaddragonknight chapter 33 . 6/13
drunken hi-jinks r hilarious, and i enjoyed your meet the parents bit
ch405-5p34r chapter 33 . 6/13
2 updates so close to each other?

I have seen heaven, and it is glorious.
fiveflyingsquirrels chapter 33 . 6/13
Holy hole in a donut, Batman! I am freaking out. What a good read! Thank you for coming through tigerowl, you were missed!

I like how we only get glimpses of what kind of training our protagonists are going through, as it helps preserve some of the mystery before their official fights. Kakashi is doubling-down on Tama’s training with the clear intention of having her deal with or defeat the very real threat of Huo: more on him later.

Tenten and Neji have an adorable, kind of family-oriented training session with Hinata and their Elemental Natures. I do hope Neji gets to marry Tenten later because you are giving me diabetes with how fulfilling their relationship is, and also how much Tenten has come to care for Hinata as well. Don’t get me started on the flirting. I love their flirting. Well it is mostly Tenten flirting and Neji decoding the signals and getting flustered. They had better have sex soon or something. I can’t stand it! Yet this love does have a downside.

A downside that sheds light on the Huo problem. Huo has noticed Tenten’s love for her Hyuga companions and will undoubtedly try to get to her through them, a tactic we have seen in the past when Hikune was killed. Huo is one scary motherfucker. You write his scenes so simplistically. All he does is walk by and look at Tenten, but the feeling and dread of it has given me the weebs. And what the hell? Black Ops lost track of him? What is this guy UP TO? Something tells me he is going to almost murder or actually murder people in this Exam, and I’m hoping it’s not our heroes, and desperately hoping it isn’t Tama! Because Tama and Sato. TAMA and SATO. This OTP snuck up on me but oh does it feel right.

Does it get much cuter? I think not. Their scene in Sato’s home probably gratified me and set off more pleasure centers than it should have, but it beautifully depicted how they’ve grown up and come to love each other. The ice packs were a funny reminder of what an ass whooping Kakashi can bring down on people. And Sai is a hilarious neighbor! By the way, Sato remembering what it felt like to die and BE dead is pretty profoundly terrifying. That’s the kind of thing you never want to remember, and I can see why Tama needed to present beside him that night: definitely to calm his nerves and keep him away from that awful headspace. It just goes to show that even if you are lucky enough to survive, damage can still linger.

Oh wait, maybe just a bit cuter. Because Gaara has lunch with Sakura’s parents for all of the win. That scene had me squealing and giggling like an idiot. Particularly the eavesdropping! It’s subtle, but I think by the way that Gaara responded to cues and Kizashi’s prodding that he is absolutely wishing to marry Sakura, but I wonder how it’s actually gonna play out. Is Sasuke even an issue anymore? GASP. And at the end of this chapter…it looks like Gaara is going to confess that he is a jinchuriki! Don’t leave me in suspense you fiend, you promised a double-update! Post! I need another hit off of the fanfiction crack pipe.

Then the festival, a pre-tournament celebration that will go down in infamy. Sweet and fun, with all of the friends interacting perfectly, Shikamaru’s team getting wasted and it was so funny to see how they get lovey with each other. My family is like that. LOL All of it was just…SIGH…it was excellent. And you snuck Scott Pilgrim references back in there and I actually caught it this time, although you did make it way more obvious. Tama and Sato, my otp, danced like the hot hip-hop stars they are and Tsunade was drunk and loving it. Neji and Tenten snuggle when drunk, AWWWW.

And Lee. POOR LEE. Wonderful, wholesome, tender-hearted Lee got stoned accidentally and it takes drunken Lee jokes and throws them all out the window, because that was some of the funniest shit I have ever read. I especially could not contain myself when Tenten and Neji had to bring him home to grandpa Wong Leung and try to not get in trouble for being drunk, and they totally got in trouble. UGH. That was awesome. GIVE ME MORE!
my 2 guys chapter 4 . 6/13