Reviews for Harbinger
Morlin chapter 31 . 1/24
Oh dear.

That was a lot of violence. Most of it was the fun and romanticised ninja violence that we know and love. Then there's the last bit of violence which turned out to be really sad and aggrivating. It was all very engaging.

Poor grass, dream and rock nin (actually, screw the rock dudes). They had to serve as fodder for a greater cause. Letting the leaf ninja go through all the way without having to fight one another this early on. It was a noble sacrifice and we shall honour them all by remembering all of their names perfectly. I'm totally going to do that.

The battles were in general spectacular and all had this raw feel to them. My favourites were, in no order.

Matsuri vs. Fujita because of the uncertainty of the outcome. I was rooting for Matsuri all the way through, but felt that it wasn't a sure fire thing, from a narrative perspective, that she'd pull it off. So I was on the edge of my seat for the whole thing. Her extended repetoire of weapons also made it very fun to read.

Rock Lee vs. Masugama for the raw power and even level of the two fighters. It was a pure rush of fighty fun and swift personal drama as both did their best. Simple but to the point, which often works the best.

Sakura vs. Tio for the very quick and professional stomp that Sakura delivered to her opponent. That was everybody's favourite pinkette showing off and that's great. And like Sakura I appreciated that Gaara was mature boyfriend afterwards.

Again, all the fights were great. But those three were the stand outs to me. Looking at the match ups for the final rounds, all of which are nicely unexpected, I'm excited for more of the same. Especially Tama vs Huo, that one is certain to be dramatic (one of the sweetest Leaf ladies against a terrifying jerk with Tenten's old surname, kinda all of the drama).

The finishers with both the ladies and guys chilling out together was a very nice way to end the chapter after all of the aforementioned violence. Matsuri's interactions with her senpais was very sweet, she fits in well. But there is a sad little note about Naruto and Haku not being there, which I expect will get worse later on. But Neji's short departure into perverthood was a nice sidetracker.

Great stuff.
Purell chapter 31 . 1/21
How meta is it that Hatake Sato makes fun of convention goers and cosplayers...in A FUCKING NARUTO STORY? Naruto. The apex of all cosplay at any convention, almost. Well that came dangerously close to breaking the fourth wall, tigerowl. Amazing chapter. As usual.
angelic charity chapter 31 . 1/21
I'm from the Bahamas! :) (just thought i should add that in there. Lol)

I loved this chapter. What a way to end it though! It had me laughing but still deeply thinking about the struggles to come. I'm sure each guy wish they had that gift *peeping*, reminds me of Sanji.(one piece) I cannot wait until the next chapter. You normally say the chapter was long but the reading is so good it ends too quickly. Patience is a virtue of mine; I have no problem waiting on you. On another note...To be honest, I have never read graphic fight scenes to this degree like those in this chapter. Some people are terrible at it and it leaves me bored in the middle of a fight. However, I must say you've changed that for me.
Oh! About Fujita and Matsuri's fight, I really didn't want her to win. But to be honest I knew you were going to let her win. Hopefully you kept her for a greater reason. :) Also, I appreciate the Final Rounds fight list. I greatfully accept that insight to the next chapter.
Beautiful writing! Continue to wow me.
fiveflyingsquirrels chapter 31 . 1/20
How do I not drop dead from excitement!? Wooooo! The new chapter is here! The well-crafted fights really made this feel like Chunin Exam time and I have to admit, your version is way more entertaining than the canon fights. Shikamaru as a proctor is both thoughtful and funny, but boy did he have his hands full! I’ve got to commend you for starting with Tenten’s perspective on her match. She calms herself down by thinking of all the other stressful situations she’s survived in the past year, and then decides she’s gonna toast her opponent. It’s a rough match and her weapon scroll is damaged, but Tenten pulls off a win. Damn kid lost some fingers. That oughta teach those Rock nin some respect! But, well, it doesn’t.

Chouji’s fight was just adorable what with his consideration of his younger, frightened opponent. Lee actually had a tough fight against the pink wolfy Dream ninja but came through with some Drunken Fist-Lotus creativity. I also enjoyed how Neji observed Lee’s match, suspecting what his friend would/could do to win. They’ve really become bros. Then there was that Grass ninja guy who won and is a weapons specialist like Tenten, so I expect he’ll become relevant later? Omg and then Sato’s match nearly made me pee it was so funny. He’s Mr. Personality, and his owl-feather-illusion technique is really showing how much he’s grown and become more sophisticated. Then he had to go and light the French boy on fire (and get poisoned) and then nobody could figure out how to extinguish the tar. Except for Huo. The scary bastard… You have me really worried about what Huo is capable of, he destroyed that poor Dream kid! The A,B,C,D part was seriously making me out loud, though.

Sakura just has to “punch the soul” out of someone to win, which was to be expected. I love that it got her cat-called and Gaara was totally cool and unbothered by it. Then Neji has to face down the other Rock brother, who has a technique similar to Oonoki the Tsuchikage, but in the end Neji just blitzes him (even though the floor is gone.) btw thanks Gaara for giving us a new floor. He sure is handy like that! Shino’s match is barely existent because the terrified girl surrenders. And then Tama…her match was legendary. We’ve had yet to see One Thousand Years of Death executed by anyone in your story, so I was doggone shocked to see her pull it off and nearly win with it. Kakashi’s embarrassment was priceless. She took his words literally! Thankfully, Tama wins with a jutsu called Blooming Lotus, which sounds really fucking awesome. Hmm and then she and Sato have a small make-out session in the stairwell which goes to show how much closer they’ve gotten. I am looking forward to their sexy times, you’ve really made me love those two.
Hinata’s match was interesting because the kunoichi from Grass she fought against was highly capable. Those jungle jutsu were great and reminded me of a mini First Hokage Forest jutsu. Cool stuff! Hinata pulled off a win with her creativity. She used a Watermelon’s juice to attack with her Water Affinity. Wicked. Kiba’s match was straightforward and further proof of his cleverness; still doin’ Kakashi proud. Then I’ll confess my heart was in my throat when Fujita and Matsuri fought. I had no clue who was going to win, if it wasn’t a stalemate, and I was pleasantly susprise to see that Matsuri is now a lethal Kage’s apprentice. I AM a little worried that she has to face Lee in the Tournament, though. She’s not winning that match, nosiree.

Sorry, I know this is getting long, but you still love me right? The jig is up! Huo is revealed to be one of Tenten’s long-lost clansmen! No wonder he was giving her the murder glare! He’s walking around using the last name she had to forsake. Ugh that is just scary intrigue and makes me worry about what his plans are, not to mention his horrible and brutal match against an innocent Cloud nin ends with Huo crippling the boy to the point of death, all without using his arms. He is, quite obviously, the villain in this arc. My money is on Danzo having something to do with his presence, and he’s probably a sleeper agent for Dintei Bi! Even Kakashi wasn’t sure if Huo was really a genin, judging his skills. I’m freaking out. As a result of that fiasco, which no one could help improve, Ino wins her match because her opponent is too heartbroken over her teammate. That was sad. Gotta say, the Tournament match ups are not at all what I was expecting, for the most part. Sakura vs. Ino is understandable, Tenten vs. Aota weapon-guy also understandable, but TAMA VS. HUO? You’re gonna kill her! Do not let her die! You fiend! Then Kiba vs. Shino (hm, never woulda thought) and Neji vs. Sato (Neji’s ultimate opportunity to shut up his button-pusher) then Hinata vs. Chouji (my money’s on Hinata) and Lee vs. Matsuri. Who’ll be the champ? I have no goddamn idea, but it better not be that a-hole Huo.

Lol Tsunade wanted to unwind with the genin going to an onsen, but only Gaara and Matsuri got to tag along. Those scenes were hilarious. I love how you portray their friendships so naturally, and the jokes are always on-point. I can’t get the image out of my head of all the guys arguing about Neji peeping on Tenten. I’ve got to read it again. You’re the best and I can’t wait for a new chapter!
Morlin chapter 30 . 1/17
I did say that I don't read fanfiction as much as a I used to. Right?

Any way. There's something so very nostalgic and fun about chunin exam chapters. They're a good chance for neat character interaction and for the cast to show off their skills. This chapter has plenty of that but in a different way than most other stories.

Rather than showing off ferocious battle techniques and the like (we've already seen that and we're bound for more in the next chapter) as the main attraction the focus here was on problem solving, caution, clever thinking and a bit of luck, who doesn't need luck. It helps to display the characters' personalities in a wider array of situations. Good choice.

And the character interaction certainly doesn't disappoint. From Tenten being open so that Lee and Neji could admit their faults and team seven's appreciation of Sato owls to Ino and Chouji being great teammates for Fujita and the Dream Team being immensely amicable. There was a lot of enjoyable character moments here.

Great work. Now on to the violence.
Fanfiction Bard chapter 31 . 1/16
"A Thousand Years of Death"

I love you
imnotadriana chapter 31 . 1/16
This was a beautiful chapter. I loved all the battles and how much all of then have grown!
dreaddragonknight chapter 31 . 1/15
dude, thanks 4 putting my name at the beginning that means a lot. On terms of this chapter, it was glorious, loved the fights, and dear god i hope that rock-nin gets a helpful dose of ass kicking from tama. The spa part at the end was hilarious, but i wish it as longer, those type of things always crack me up XD. can't wait 4 the next chapter
imnotadriana chapter 30 . 1/6
Harbinger is one of the best Naruto fanfictions I have ever read; which is a lot! I love how you make every character unique and give them a chance to shine. The battles are awesome and every chapter makes me squeal in excitement. Thank you for writing all these beautiful chapters and books!
Guest chapter 30 . 11/29/2015
I LOVE YOU FOR WRITING THIS
Jessalyn chapter 1 . 11/23/2015
Before I begin reading this, I just wanted to say that I read Forlorn and it was honestly the best Naruto fanfic I have ever read. I'm so excited that there is an epic sequel.

Things I loved about Forlorn:

- You captured the tone and spirit of Naruto, so it felt plausible in that universe.
- You made certain characters more interesting/better than Kishimoto allowed them to be, like Sakura and Tenten, and Haku. I kind of feel like Kishimoto just does them a disservice, since you realized their potential so well.
- More Gaara than canon. Yes. All the Gaara. (Also Gaara/Sakura weeeeeeeee!)
- ADORABLE friendship jutsu swaps.
- Such a fun alternate universe play on events. The major plot points are the same but they happen differently. So fun and interesting to read.
- So much caring detail! So much thought put into everything. Such great dialogue and characterization.

I am so ready to read this sequel, and I'm so pleased to see you're still updating it! I wanted to post this review here to make sure you read it. I will review more as I read!
Guest chapter 1 . 11/23/2015
Yay! So excited to read this.
Guest chapter 2 . 11/16/2015
Your arabic is wonderful
angelic charity chapter 30 . 11/14/2015
Tried posting yesterday and i dont see it. Ive been missing for a while. Was in a traffic accident. Im doin better though and im actually done catchin up now. Ig i read too be because i was anime-malnourished. :( missed reading and have a lot of episodes. Moving along...
Well this cliff hanger was reeeeally high for my liking. Feels like im dying solely to see the next chapter. So dont want to rush your brilliance but 'imma need dat lil ting.' (Hope you understood that kml)
Prolific writing tigerowl. Just felt like you rushed the chunin exams. You're normally a detailed writer so my thought is because you made the 2nd stage simple then the 3rd stage would definetly be badass. I cannot wait.
Guest chapter 28 . 11/11/2015
This is angelic charity. Been out for a while. Was in a traffic accident. Miss readin or doin anything. Have a lot to catch up on. Even with anime. Well off to see the last part i read. Missed ya tigerowl.
401 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »