Reviews for Land Before Time: Voyage through time
Voyager15 chapter 11 . 8/27/2014
Best story I've read on this website in like...awhile. Keep up the work! (if you can)
o0oSuperB1993o0o chapter 11 . 3/15/2014
You gonna finish this anytime soon? lol I'm really into it.
ARAJediMaster chapter 5 . 6/9/2013
While I speak on the behalf of the story as a whole, I must say that this chapter especially reminds a great deal of “The Hunt for Red October” with the Captain and the political officer—but of course Clancy had studied the standard operating procedures of Soviet dub commanders and how they dealt with political officers. Hmm, I have say that that Mishin is quite the dispicable character he is based on your descriptions, though there are times I view him as a bit of a coward.

From what I heard in the dialogue, you mentioned a captain by the name of Yakovlev. Again, the line “Yakovlev has no special admiration for anyone else but Yakovlev!” reminds me greatly of Ramius’ line to Putin. This seems like an interesting foreshadowing; perhaps Yakovlev would get involved in the story and perhaps attempt to sink Rankov’s boat like Tuplov with Ramius, but I could be just be too wound up in “Red October” in expecting that in the story. Also I was hoping to see the moment where Rankov would knock Mishin off his feet and have him break his neck like in the book and movie, but again I’m thinking too much about “Red October”.

I think that you’ve portrayed the dinosaurs nicely enough. Their characterizations are most accurate and their attitudes most realistic on the matters of the sub and buoy. The part on where Petrie’s mother almost getting shot is definitely a good example on how the first contact might be in real life. There is one problem though: I’m interested as to why Topsy would want to investigate the sub. I think he’d rather leave it alone and warn others to stay away. Also, I believe that the children should have encountered the humans when they first enter the sub.

Here’s why it should happen: One is to speed up the pace, and to get the kids to know early enough as to who it was built in the first place, and perhaps when they are on the bridge maybe they would try to hide before the Spetznaz (did I spell that right?) arrive and seize all data. Secondly, why they want to venture back in there when there are mostly dead bodies everywhere? It would seem for them to be a good place to avoid. Perhaps, thirdly, when the troopers ready the nukes for detonation, the captain may question the ethically decision of destroying it when there are innocent lives involved—the adults are innocent too, right?

Anyway, that’s all I have to say. I really hope you can resurrect this story soon. I’d greatly appreciate it. Hopefully, we might be able to see some sub to sub action, and—I’m being a nerd here—a firefight between a traitor and the crew as they try to save the Valley.
bloomtom chapter 11 . 5/10/2013
I can't believe this story is actually workable. I do hope you eventually complete it, because it is god-tier childhood warping goodness.

Also, I sincerely hope that sharpteeth speak Russian. That would complete the carousel of mental gymnastics I used to not go utterly insane while reading this.
Laci the Hunter chapter 11 . 8/20/2012
Would you please,please,please continue this story!It's really cool,really dramatic and I want to find out if the gang escapes from .
TheArchive chapter 11 . 10/16/2011
I'm wondering if you'll be able to hold up to that promise of finishing this. Looks like it's dead.

Sucks too, since I decided to see if it had updated again since the last time I checked (long time ago), only to see that it hasn't.

Oh well, it was fun while it lasted. :)
I have a jar of dirt chapter 11 . 9/12/2011
"Ah yes, the CIA's dinosaur division" XD

You must continue this story! It's refreshing to see completely strange ideas like these once in a while. It helps that it is well written, too.
Pulpo Oscuro chapter 11 . 6/12/2011
This was great! I thought that you combined the two worlds very well, and created a remarkably realistic fic on a rather unusual premise.
wertner chapter 11 . 3/15/2011
This is a very unexpected story, not at all anything I would have expected to find. BUT. This story is awesome, a fusion of the innocence of childhood in the land before time combined with the "real world" as seen in the cold war era. The end result being a unexpected but great story. The last update was from quite a while ago, but I hope you continue this story.
Bearybeary chapter 11 . 3/4/2011
H.G. Wells I hope that the next chapter will be very interesting and more epic.
Quintaglio chapter 11 . 9/16/2010
I bumped into this story quite by accident, but find it an amazing peace of storytelling

There are numerous spelling errors but the story is so original that I easily overlook them and eagerly await your next chapter

I salute you H.G. Wells

Sincerly

Quintaglio
steven152 chapter 4 . 1/23/2010
OMG! thats a nuke isin't im liking this story so far
Zarrelion chapter 11 . 1/9/2010
I really like this story! I like how made all the characters rounded.

One thing that bugs me is that the Spetznaz troopers are able to pick up Littlefoot, Cera and Spike. I would think that even a young dinosaur of their size is in excess of 300 pounds and that kind of weight is impossible to carry one handed.

And honestly, how can you fit 3 decently sized dinosaurs who each weigh as much if not more than an average person in an average sized dog carrier?
Sgt. Nolisten chapter 11 . 1/4/2010
Good chapter! But I have a few questions.

1. Did you have to put them in dog cages?

2. I stand by Littlefoot on the bi-polar like shifts in mood. What's with that?

3. How many chapters do you think will be for this story?
Pangaea chapter 10 . 12/27/2009
I'm so glad this story isn't dead (for a while there I was worried it was). I wouldn't have believed that an LBT fanfic involving the Cold War could be enjoyable, but you're such an incredible writer that you pull it off excellently! Your portrayals of the LBT characters are dead-on, and I love the detail you go into when describing each scene.

I really liked the first face-to-face meeting between the Russians and the gang. I was kind of hoping that it would turn out that the LBT dinosaurs don't, in fact, speak English (and what we hear in the movies is translated from dinosaur language for the benefit of the viewer), but it's clever how you used it to further the plot: to encounter sentient dinosaurs that speak the same language as the enemy would seem awfully suspicious from the Russians' perspective. I imagine that they're assuming that the dinosaurs were either taught English by the Americans, or are part of some sort of experiment by their enemies (artificially given heightened intelligence and trained as scouts, spies, or something of the like). Of course, that doesn't make me feel any less sorry for the gang, a group of innocent kids being pushed around at gunpoint by a bunch of strange, threatening creatures. You certainly know how to keep things suspenseful.

One suggestion I would make (sorry that it's a little late) is that when you refer to Petrie's mother, you call her "Mrs. Flyer" instead of "Mrs. Petrie". Otherwise it sounds like she's Petrie's wife or something.

At any rate, please continue! This story is fantastic!
54 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »