Reviews for A Blessing and A Curse
WitchWolf chapter 61 . 6/14/2014
Well, this was the most pleasent surprise today. Yes, short, but sweet nonetheless. I'm very happy to see that the big break between the postings did nothing to your writing style: it's still as great as I grew to expect from you, everyone's very much in character and this picks up right where it left off. Looking forward to the next installment!

On which note, I do hope we'll get to see Rumble and Frnezy again soon. I miss those two pests.
Archaeopteryx Feather chapter 12 . 7/3/2013
Wow, updated last month?

So there I was, discussing the dreaded "human becomes a TF" storyline with my friend, who pointed out that not all human-becomes-a-TF stories are bad, a point which I was forced to concede, mainly when I remembered your story, which I had read several years ago. I gave her a link, and have been happily rereading this two-parter ever since. :)

My favorite parts so far:
- You make the Decepticons realistic! They aren't total savage brutes, not even the Combaticons or Stunticons. They are thinking machine. Megatron is actually an intelligent and believable character, ditto Screamer, etc.
- The Autobots are a real threat.
- You did good with Erica's psychology. :) It was believable how she came to like the Decepticons, and how the Decepticons came to appreciate her. Most human-joins-the-Decepticon stories come across as really forced, but not this one.
- Erica isn't a wimp or anything. She's not perfect either. Definitely not a Sue! Even as Stormvolt, you kept her balance of powers right, not making her superpowered or anything like that. But definitely still cool abilities.

I wasn't going to leave a review since I thought you'd been out of fandom for eons, but I guess I will since you popped back up. Thanks for a great read! I'm going to be enjoying all 59 chapters of this! ;D
Auto Cerebral Star chapter 24 . 6/11/2013
Ah! I'm so glad Erica/Stormvolt finally knows the truth. It's just been nagging me forever, you know? Her conversation with Megatron was hilarious, too. That guy's such a smug, manipulative asshole. And yet we love him. ;)
Parselmaster chapter 58 . 4/8/2013
Ah, the little tyke is growing up! Haha.
Parselmaster chapter 57 . 3/24/2013
A pretty optimistic chapter, except for Shockwave.

Perfectly creepy behavior from Megatron... :D
Parselmaster chapter 55 . 2/11/2013
It appears that you are building up the situation. "The calm before the storm," as it were. Megatron is being delightfully complex, and I enjoy the angle. It is not boring to me, and the scenes you write are interesting from a number of different perspectives. Besides, you have not disappointed me with the action scenes you write; even when said scenes have a larger crescendo before the climax.
Guest chapter 55 . 2/10/2013
As always... LOVE IT!
Parselmaster chapter 54 . 1/20/2013
Your rendition of Megatron, as usual, is incredibly cunning.
Guest chapter 54 . 1/18/2013
Love it! What is Megatron thinking up?!
sckid chapter 53 . 6/12/2012
I so badly want to know what Megatron is up to.
Caz chapter 53 . 6/3/2012
Megs, you are a real bastard sometimes. LOL damn, now he's gonna have a lovesick Stormvolt on his hands, oh wait, not really, but shit, she could do some damage whilst away from his prying optics, if she felt so inclined... BUT, gotta give him credit for creative punishments. still want to punch him in the head for that one though.
Hatchet chapter 53 . 6/1/2012
Worth the wait as always. Yours is one of a handful of stories that I come to this site for, so thank you for continuing it.
Cricket chapter 53 . 6/1/2012
Great new chapter! I am at the edge of my seat for what happens next!
Hatchet chapter 52 . 3/20/2012
This is one of the few stories worth reading now. It's always exciting to see an update. Thank you for writing it!
Soulblighter chapter 51 . 12/14/2011
The last 7 words of the chapter makes me think that Cyclonus took Megatrons "repopulate" thing very seriously...