Reviews for The Sleeper Awakes
Amazing. Percy surreptitiously throwing Administrative Red Tape in the way of Umbridge and her gang has become my new head-canon. Thanks for posting!
Blessings,
Sophia the Scribe
Jabanero chapter 1 . 7/17
A nice little hidden gem of a story, this one! Love how Percy helped the Muggleborns point out what they shouldn't do when faking a family tree, and things like that. All canon-compliant too, so I can consider this headcanon entirely.
Prince Pondincherry chapter 1 . 7/14
This has been an excellent look into how people could convince themselves that the Ministry wasn't completely evil even when it obviously was.
I like how Aberforth hears Percy's with the Ministry and immediately starts trying to get him drunk and see if he'll talk. Or, well, I guess his explanation of trying to get Percy to shut up for his own good makes a bit more sense. And it's great how Percy unknowingly complements Albus.
I love how after the whole schism with his family, Percy still has his father for a role model on how to implement Ministry policy. Also, great job on making it subtle-I almost couldn't catch how he was actually subverting policy with some of them. I really just love stories of Percy using bureaucracy against the Death Eaters, and this one in particular is great.
chemicalflashes chapter 1 . 3/29
Astonishingly amazing. Absolutely wonderful. This perfectly fits canon and now I can't believe anything else.
Brenden1k chapter 1 . 7/8/2016
Greatwork
stranrep chapter 1 . 4/28/2016
Excellent story! You have captured Percy's character well.
Noonie1 chapter 1 . 3/29/2016
Awesome story, thanks!
Luna and Ginny chapter 1 . 3/7/2016
I love it. I love it. I love it. You characterized Percy so well, and this is just amazing. Percy gets so much hate, but people forget that he completely changed his ways. I love it how he doesn't know what's going on at first, and is a bit suspicious, and then how it hits him and he plays "the sleeper". It's amazing, and the best fic of it's kind that I've read. Awesome job.
Wren Truesong chapter 1 . 2/22/2016
Mwahahahaa. This is beautiful-and I actually found it on TVTropes under 'Bothering by the Book.' You do a lovely job with the slow but steady chipping-away at Percy's rationalizations until he just can't sustain it anymore, and then on to his natural chafing at the bit. And that letter, my god. So great.
MuggleCreator chapter 1 . 11/26/2015
Perfect.
Paul chapter 1 . 10/6/2015
God story. Got some pretty good chuckles at percy interfering with the muggle registration committee while going by the book the whole time. Wonder if something like this happened behind the scenes in actual harry potter cannon.
3dumplings3 chapter 1 . 9/13/2015
Well done.
bearblue chapter 1 . 2/16/2015
This... was really quite good. Thank you for sharing it.
pleurocoelus chapter 1 . 1/30/2015
Nicely done.
Rurouni Ken-ouki chapter 1 . 12/22/2014
Beautifully done. In particular the early part, where Percy's subconscious is telling him that things are wrong, but he has that denial, the insistence that things can't really be that bad, that's so hard to put aside.
That's difficult to write, but you did a fantastic job of it!