Reviews for Notions
Whedonista93 chapter 1 . 1/12
Your characterizations here are dead-on! There's no way Mal and Inara could get through this conversation without misconceptions and fighting, so this is just perfect, and totally believable.
Sanctuaria chapter 1 . 8/5/2014
Lovely fic about Mal and Inara. Hilarious in parts, which just made the sweet bits sweeter. And yes, I can totally see the rest of the crew listening in from the hallway. And maybe River's on the ceiling unnoticed or something ;) Thanks for sharing it with the rest of us Browncoats!
maisma51 chapter 1 . 6/27/2014
This was great! You got their banter just right. And I liked the nod to Friends a la 'they don't know that we know they know we know' :)
theknights91 chapter 1 . 6/26/2014
i couldn't stop smiling while reading this.. what a great work! thumbs up!
Mendip123 chapter 1 . 4/29/2014
Just found this on a different writer's favourites. Really enjoyed it, thanks!
ebfiddler chapter 1 . 7/21/2013
While I, too, find it implausible that they'd ever get this much privacy in the dining room of Serenity, I really enjoyed this conversation anyway. I gonna go with the explanation you offered, that everybody is eavesdropping in the corridor. I particularly liked "already feeling the first pangs of a peculiar ache he'd come to associate with her absence – not to be confused with the one caused by her presence." but you had so many turns of phrase here that were just perfect for them. Thanks for writing and posting!
LittleMissAbigail chapter 1 . 7/17/2013
This made me excruciatingly giddy. I sincerely thank you for sharing!
AllyrienDM chapter 1 . 9/8/2012
Haha I was literally sitting here thinking "and now Simon walks in" around the point they ended up on the table. Maybe it's the middle of the night? Well, you can be sure River was watching, at least.
Dudtheman chapter 1 . 7/8/2012
nice fun story thanks for the read )
lindseyjo chapter 1 . 10/16/2011
Love this. Nicely done!
Timeloopy chapter 1 . 11/3/2010
That was perfectly in character I thought. Just right!
ZoeWarren chapter 1 . 10/1/2010
I loved this. The line about the pot and the kettle was six kinds of awesome. :)
radagast-brown chapter 1 . 6/14/2010
The definition of 'short-n-sweet'! Loved it!
Raingirlkm chapter 1 . 12/22/2008
Wow! Just...Wow! Your characterizations and word usage are just so Mal and Inara, so much a slice of the Firefly 'verse, I am somewhat in awe. What a lovely glimpse of what might have been after all the trauma of the BDM.

I especially enjoyed this exchange: '“That’s no kind of answer at all,” she retorted.

“It’s… a true kind of answer,” he assured her.'

I also loved your closing notes regarding the crew. I can certainly see either Kaylee or Zoe (especially Kaylee) keeping anyone from actually intruding but not being able to keep from listening in.

Thank you so much for sharing this.
netholor chapter 1 . 12/14/2008
"'Diplomacy? Tact?' she offered.

'I believe the proper term is ‘wiles’,' Mal corrected."

I enjoyed the whole fic, but that part in particular just seemed so cannon! I loved it! _