Reviews for An Extended Metaphor
TEP Redux chapter 1 . 1/11
What a clever little metaphor this is, a well-executed and smart dose of minimalism that, in its simplicity, is surprisingly effective. It reminds me of Amy Hempel's early work-subtly zany, funny, and grounded in a palpable, bittersweet humanity. Your writing has been recommended to me with high praise by hollycomb, and I look forward to checking out your longer stuff when I have time over the next few weeks. In the meantime, I thought I'd give this a read since it's short.

It's rare to find people on here in the SP fandom who can actually write, by which I mean not only put sentences together with proper grammar and punctuation but also use language purposefully and to great effect. hollycomb is one of these people, of course, and if this small gem is any indication, then I think you probably are, as well. On that note, I'm looking forward to reading more of your stuff in the future!

Cheers,
TEPR
Guest chapter 1 . 12/13/2012
That is SO dumb. There's not even a story!
Villain chapter 1 . 3/10/2011
This made me so saaaaad. No one's a better shinier bike than you, Kyle!

In other news, I enjoyed reading that. ; p
FlyingTackle chapter 1 . 12/27/2010
Ohhhh noooo. He's being used. Maybe.

But this is a spectacular example of the title.
Natasha Hyatt chapter 1 . 11/6/2008
Ouch.

I came into this expecting humor, looked at the genre, and ended up liking it anyway. Very apt metaphor.
eliska chapter 1 . 10/11/2008
You know, this COULD have come off as something pretty... nasty and crude, given the title name. But it didn't. And I'm glad it didn't, because the metaphor, this fic, all of it just screams incredible depth.

And oh, the last line... classic, and unbelievably sad.

Great job :)

- M.
TheXYZ chapter 1 . 8/6/2008
Aaw. That's so sad. And true, unfortunately.

I love the depth of this... it's just a metaphor, but it really strikes true, you know? Totally awesome.
lx-Kisa-xl chapter 1 . 7/29/2008
God, dude. _
J chapter 1 . 3/24/2008
This is an extremely clever metaphor.

Also, it's nice to read something more serious from you.
Justasimplekidfrombrooklyn chapter 1 . 2/9/2008
oh noes :O

dnt leave him stanny!

lol, love the story hun! great job!
Mrpointyhorns chapter 1 . 1/14/2008
Aww what a sad story.
SouthParkism chapter 1 . 1/14/2008
wow, that was really really good. you write very well! hopefully you'll write more soon and i liked the idea for this haha it was one of those oneshots you hate to see end just because it was wirtten well and was just a good idea for a post but this was really good
SnapekilledKenny chapter 1 . 1/13/2008
Wow. Just wow.

Seriously, I realise this is just a reflection or angsting, but you had me hooked. This is one hell of an extended metaphor, and I've got to say, your style of writing is just so flowing, it's wonderful. And unfortunately so true.

Brilliant, I hope to read more from you.

Gari
Sweet Possum chapter 1 . 1/13/2008
woe, i didn't get this story at all.
Foodstamp chapter 1 . 1/12/2008
Hooray, this is fantastic! I'm so thriled to see you post-your profile made me laugh so hard, and I was just praying you'd become a regular writer. Your tone is amazing.

I love how this could've been the crudest metaphor ever, but you chose to take such an elegant, well-crafted approach. Mature, lovely. And the worst part is, this whole piece seems so effortless-it's kind of stream-of-consciousness, yet I can tell you now that your inner voice is about a thousand times more introspective, refined, and charming than mine is. (Mine talks about cookies a lot. And mud wrestling, ftw.)

You've got to keep writing. Not even four hundred words, and I'm oohing and aahing. I'd love to see future projects from you-don't leave me hanging!