Reviews for Stand My Ground
Lattelady chapter 37 . 4/5/2008
These last three chapter have been some of the best you've ever written. That says a lot, because you are a wonderful writer. The last is the best of all three. The scope was amazing. One of the things I like the best is that Az was at the center of finally ending the witch. She is back hopefully in her own eyes as well as others.

I'm a huge Cain/DG shipper. The emotion between the two was wonderful.
nadeshiko1 chapter 37 . 4/5/2008
WOW! I am totally speechless!

Words cannot begin to describe what I've read!
She'sGotHighHopes chapter 37 . 4/5/2008
You truly are a wonder. That was simply stunning. I loved the way you wrote this chapter. You had me on the edge of my seat for the entire ride. I was all upset the last chapter at the thought of DG using her magic to travel away from the battle to safety while Cain stayed behind to face certain death, but reading that her magic failed her in that plan was even more terrifying. What Zero had planned for her was sick and the fact that he intended for Cain to witness it for the rest of his life in another tin suit was even more appalling. As if Cain hadn't suffered enough from Zero and the Witch, now he had to face the possibility of a repeat. I love that Azkadellia was the one to unleash all that power. It was incredible to read how every spell she cast out replenished the land it was associated with. Just reading about the palace at the Northern Island and Central City being restored to their former glory at the same time that all hell was breaking loose at the tower was amazing. The imagery of your words would have worked well on a movie screen and it's hard as hell to convey that kind of image in words. You did it perfectly. I loved that Jeb killed the bird and the witch had to take over Zero and Zero's fear in that moment was fitting. I loved that Az's magic combined in the necklaces and came out from DG to destroy the witch once and for all. I only hope that DG can survive that kind of power and trauma and wake up soon. I really hope that the palace guards that are left and the papay can destroy the rest of the Longcoats. GOD, I'm practically buzzing here!

I absolutely loved this chapter. I really hope you have another update up your sleeve and ready to post. Thanks so much for these last three chapters. They were truly amazing.

Jaime
She'sGotHighHopes chapter 36 . 4/5/2008
Holy God, woman! That had to be one of the scariest, most evil and vicious cliffhangers I've ever read! You truly are evil!

You must stop this talk about DG or Cain dying. It's so not right! Don't even think about killing off my two favorite people!

And just reading about their enemies arriving with the travel storm was enough to up the scary factor up a few dozen notches. Jesus. As if tornadoes weren't scary enough and now you have all the evil of the O.Z. coming out of one.

Off to read the next chapter. I love how fast you're updating these.

jaime
She'sGotHighHopes chapter 35 . 4/5/2008
Oh my God, I'm so happy you updated! I usually review this story on Live Journal, but luckily, I found it on here and it's much easier to track. How sad for Cain to have to lay there beside DG and watch her suffer in her dreams. You broke my heart when you had Cain decide to cherish every moment knowing that she would be taken from him like Adora was. God, woman, you'd better not do that to him! I'll find you! LOL. DG's dream was so sad as well. Not being able to save that child had to be hell for her. I only hope that DG can somehow find the child and save her before too long. And now I'm all scared about the upcoming battle. You sure know how to keep me on the edge of my seat. Thanks so much for updating! I'm off to read the next chapter...

Jaime
Innocent Innuendo chapter 1 . 3/31/2008
amazing!

i'm so excited that i found someone else who likes Azkadellia/Jeb

yay!

:D
Diva0789 chapter 34 . 3/21/2008
A-MA-ZING! im loving this story! great job! cant wait for the next update!
Lattelady chapter 34 . 3/2/2008
Fantastic chapter. I enjoyed reading about Cain's worry for his son. All of us who read and write Cain/DG stories seem to push that to the back burner, you didn't!

I really loved what you did with the Papay! Wonderful extention of the Mini, inventive and very interesting.
KateCayce chapter 33 . 3/1/2008
What shall we feed it? Chocolate chip cookies?
ladylichen chapter 34 . 2/29/2008
I am so glad someone is doing something with the Papay. They had a vital role in the OZ and they had lost themselves due to the witch and starvation. It corrupted their souls! They were creatures of the earth,the soil. They lived to bring life to the trees and crops. That was their magic. When DG brought back that one fruit tree, I knew that that would only trigger the other trees in the orchards to come back as well. Now they have their soul back. Their purpose in life is back as guardians of the soil and all of the food bearing plant life. That Wyatt and Glitch,and Raw were with her when this magic was returned to them only makes them trust them as well. And I think they will all fight to the last before they alow their magic to be taken away from them again. Great job. I'll be waiting impatiently for the rest of the chapters.
ladylichen chapter 33 . 2/29/2008
The Dream story was so real I could see everything you discribe in detail and I got chills. Jeb was sure angry and out of control to keep Az from going to him and Wyatt trying hard not to clobber him for making DG cry. I really like the part about DG being completely comfortable with her power in the dream that she could protect herself and the child. Great touch!
Queen Isabella chapter 34 . 2/29/2008
You really are a skilled writer, this chapter had me gripped! I was holding my breath as the Papay approached. I love the song you posted along with the story as well. How do you manage to match the songs to the story so well? Gotta say, who needs TV when people such as yourself can enthrall us with words?
ivegotproblams chapter 33 . 2/28/2008
Hmm... interestinger and interestinger. :)
tinmankat chapter 33 . 2/28/2008
Yay for updates! I have a theory about this chapter, can't wait to see if I'm right! Keep up the good work!
Queen Isabella chapter 33 . 2/28/2008
Papay? What? Did I miss the wedding? (DG & Cain's) I think I need to go back and re-read this story. I like seeing it here ,because I get alerts telling me when you've updated, but I prefer to read your story on LJ so that I can have the music to go with it. You always do a great job picking out the music to fit the story. What was the name of the song for this chapter?
148 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 .. Last Next »