Reviews for Austrian Songs vs German Threats
UndoubtedlyTheWine chapter 1 . 1/23/2017
OMG! They should have included this one in the movie! Amazing stuff! Both Maria and Georg were perfectly in character and I could picture them in my mind's eye playing having this conversation. AWESOME. I wish I could write like you. This is the second SOTM story I have read written by you and let me tell you I've become your fan! Such fabulous writing. I loved your other OS titled "The Kiss" as well. That was one of my favourite scenes from the movie and you have done it total justice :)
Daz chapter 1 . 8/11/2016
This is cool. Wish this scene was in the movie. Hope you do many more som ffs.
gothicbutterfly95 chapter 1 . 7/14/2015
Go Maria. I find no fault in her outspokenness, especially not here.
GOOD JOB
Guest chapter 1 . 1/22/2015
CLAP! CLAP! ENCORE! If you post more tales written as well as this one I will definitely tune on for more. I like your style. Very tense stuff. Loving it.
UnfollowTheSun chapter 1 . 12/18/2014
This would've made for an iconic scene in the movie. Nicely done!
faithandhopewoman chapter 1 . 9/24/2014
I found your story by accident. It's perfect. I absolutely loved the last sentence. Thank you for writing it.
I have that book, I will look for the excerpt.
PrincessOfMythaca chapter 1 . 2/23/2011
OMG That was incredible! Perfectly amazing! Loved every minute of it!
Danni Evans chapter 1 . 9/10/2010
That was beautiful! I especially enjoyed the flag imagery at the end.
Owl Emporium chapter 1 . 8/6/2010
Oh, this was amazing! It WOULD have been such an amazing scene... This was wonderful. Very good job. (:
LauraLaitaine chapter 1 . 1/9/2009
Oh, yes! This was wonderful. You kept everyone so beautifully in character. I wish we'd seen this in the film!

Green Eyes Mesmerize chapter 1 . 4/14/2008
oh man, does Herr Zeller make my skin crawl, ugh! score one for Georg and Maria...nice job!
Shahrazad63 chapter 1 . 2/27/2008
I guess it is not too late to tell you how much I loved this story. I know you are not planning to update this one, but I cannot wait to read more from you:-)
Roch0ester chapter 1 . 2/6/2008
That was beautiful! In character, a touch of drama,a hint of unblossomed love, a tad of respect...all in all the perfect batch of SoM!
Maxisback chapter 1 . 1/15/2008
Once again: Well done. I have only one little thing to nag about: The "Herr Zeller" thing doesn't work for me.

You wouldn't refer to someone as "Mr Zeller" all the time, would you? It would sound odd - and so the "Herr Zeller" sounds odd to me - perhaps because I'm German.

But if you want to have it this way, then you should capitalize the "Herr" for the sake of your German readers. It's a German word and it's always and in every case written with a capital "H" at the start.
imnotacommittee chapter 1 . 1/13/2008
Whoah. That was awesome.

It was a mistake, I think, to cut down the political overtones of the film. After seeing the musical a couple of times (even once with puppets!), I believe the darkness of the Nazis overshadowing the light mood of the Von Trapps' story made their happiness all the more fleeting and precious. And, we lost a wonderful opportunity to see Maria's patriotism shine through, which gives the Captain just one more reason to love her.

Your story filled that void quite well. It was wonderfully constructed, and flavored with just the right mixture of romance, honor, pride, and truth. The Captain is rather sexy when he verbally cuts Zeller down in the party and then later when he slams the car door. His composure when Zeller starts in on him is perfectly in character. And the line about the Baroness concealing her contempt with a cool smile was spot on.

It was your description of Maria that really struck me. I loved it. From her nervous thoughts and misgivings about being invited to the party to the collapse of all her resistance when the Captain says they'd wait for her /sigh/ How *could* she deny him anything? I loved it when she heard Zeller insult the children, and how that got her going. It showed just how much she loves the family. The visual of she and the Captain standing in unison was perfect. Zeller didn't stand a chance!

But he still had the nerve. I wish you had put in the reactions of the other guests to Zeller's insult. Zeller was throwing out one last ditch effort to bring the Captain down, but anyone who saw the Captain and Maria's reactions would have known it was nothing more than mud-slinging.

Excellent job! Thank you for creating and sharing. And I just *love* your name! I wonder if Max and Droopy would call their lead singer "shy" (oh, man, I just outted myself!)

Please keep writing more!