Reviews for The Cunning Hand
kat chapter 10 . 7/11/2010
hooray! great story! very well done!
Broken Oath chapter 10 . 6/22/2010
wow, this was awsome. good job
Cremello chapter 10 . 5/25/2010
I really like it! Yassen is such an interesting character, and you write him well. Interesting plot, and not obvious from the beginning. Correct spelling and grammer. Well-written. Overall, perfect!
Zynette chapter 7 . 3/27/2010
dude, waiting for yassen was TOTALLY worth it

this is some really good stuff
Rena the pirate jedi wizard chapter 10 . 3/22/2010
This was a cool story. I liked the characterization of Blunt when you had him lie to Mrs. Jones. That was very Blunt-ish. The K-Unit was fun! I liked when Wolf found out about the fact that Alex's appendix was actually a gun shot wound. And Yassen was very well written, especially the part right after Alex told him that John was actually MI6. I also thought that Alex saying he would have stayed with Scorpia was a great moment. It really does seem like it was almost a better environment for him, even with it being the "bad guys".
EriKaBalDeL chapter 10 . 1/21/2010
nice..
skepsis66 chapter 10 . 1/16/2010
Nice story. It's tight and very well characterized. :) I like it!
prone2dementia chapter 7 . 12/18/2009
1) Ideas – your plot isn’t necessarily original, but you’ve made it original by making it your own. It’s very interesting to read, and it easily captivates my attention.

2) Organization – evidenced. It’s not confusing; it has a plot. Obviously, thought went into it. Just one thing I have to criticize is the length of some of your scenes. They are very short, and they get your point across, but there’s a reason you never see scenes like that in a published book. I suppose it just takes more work to connect the scenes, so maybe you can work on that in the future?

3) Voice – enjoyable, distinct, appropriate. It’s not over the top, and it’s consistent throughout. The dialogues are descriptions are very well written.

4) Sentence fluency – duh. It read very well. The lengths and structures of your sentences vary, and they flow.

5) Word choice – strong. Nice choice of verbs, adjectives. Glad that you didn’t rape a thesaurus. ;D

6) Conventions – near perfect. Almost no mistakes to be found. And I can’t thank you enough for properly punctuating the dialogues! Bad grammar/punctuation usage is really one of my pet peeves.

Alex is so clever. The scenes are so intense. I loved the Yassen/Alex interaction. And the characterizations rocked. You rock. So does your writing. It's a joy to read. :D

Cheers!
prone2dementia chapter 3 . 12/18/2009
Because your fic is so wonderful, I had to reread it. You are at 198 reviews right now. I shall thoroughly review this chapter and one other chapter, so that by the time I'm done, you should be at 200. :D

Nice reactions from Alex and Ben at the beginning. Particularly liked this:

“Given the situation, I guess you’re not talking about a maid and a chef, right?” Alex said wryly.

Ben’s eyes sparkled with glee. “Not quite, but you’re more than welcome to try treating them like it.” He laughed. “No, it’s an SAS team. Sent to protect a high ranking MI6 member under a death threat.”

Alex closed his eyes and imagined the worst thing that he could think of. He opened them and looked at Ben. “Let me guess, it’s your old unit, right?”

Also, the little incident where Alex calmly tells Ben to watch the road really helps with characterization. Not to mention, it's really funny... Wow, Alex outranks everyone. That's so awesome... And DUN DUN DUN! K-Unit doesn't know it's Alex. Another portion that I loved:

“And let me guess. You weren’t able to tell them that you transferred to MI6.”

He opened his eyes. Ben looked slightly freaked out. “Okay, quit it with the psychic thing. Seriously. And tell me who’s been leaking my plans to you,” he said.

It's funny how Ben can be all "honey, I'm home" in this situation. Love that... "Various degrees of non-relaxtion" - snickers. The word choice of "non relaxation" was really great. Hawk and his reactions are realistic. This is too perfect:

“Yes,” Alex agreed. “He drinks coffee not tea.”

It’s why I adore your writing. (Have you gotten tired of me quoting you so much? :) Regarding the Jones/Blunt scene - great usage of words, as well as indirect characterization... Aww, Alex is so good at answering Eagle’s questions with non-answers. Bravo!

Okay, I hope it wasn’t too difficult to understand this review. :D Off to the next!
sheana chapter 10 . 12/3/2009
hey great story are you going to write a sequel? because i'm really curious if yassen and alex will meet again and what yassen is going to do to (i know kill him but what els?)
hypercell chapter 10 . 11/10/2009
It was great, hope there is a sequel!
cybercat08 chapter 10 . 11/2/2009
I just read this whole story in one sitting. It seemed like Mrs. Jones was underutilized but otherwise I loved it. I would like to see a sequel to this story. It seems like there are enough lose threads still open for you to do something more if you wanted. Great story.
prone2dementia chapter 10 . 8/25/2009
Y'know, I'd quote some of what you wrote, but I'd probably end up quoting half your story and telling you that it's all wonderful! You had the right amount of humor, emotion, and action, and I loved this. X) Thanks for writing it!
zebrasdancing chapter 10 . 7/17/2009
nice. I did wanna hear alex explainging why yassen didn't kill him to k-unit
Erroneously chapter 10 . 7/14/2009
I really like the way you describe the relationship between Yassen and Alex. I'd love to see them run into each other again.
222 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »