Reviews for Developing Steele
Amy chapter 6 . 4/21/2011
I'm not much a fan of stories in which they have children, but when I make myself picture them as parents it's always with one, a girl. Whom they have at least a couple years into their marriage; I loathe stories in which Laura gets pregnant right away.

Beyond the surface similarities, though, this story worked for me on the characterization level. I love that Laura kept working and took a realistic approach to what she did and didn't have to change during her pregnancy ... and that he supported her. I like that her fears never overtook her conviction that she does not want to be the type of mother Abigail and Frances chose to be, and that everyone around her understood that.

And, since Katharine Hepburn is my favorite actor, and Bringing Up Baby my favorite movie, I love the name. :)
shanabear chapter 6 . 1/15/2008
That was a very sweet story. I loved it. The interaction between Laura and Remingtion was great. Brought a smile to my face.
Nan008 chapter 6 . 1/15/2008
Great story, really in character for Laura and Remington - I hope u won't stop writing now, is this story in Kate Universe as well?
Felicia chapter 6 . 1/15/2008
Now, THAT was well done! I have recently been on a RS fic kick and have read more than my share of post-marriage stories. This, I must say is the best. You kept R & L (and even M) true to the series - very fourth season characterizations - and provided a realistic glimpse into what their lives would be like after the marriage. The storyline was plausible. I enjoyed the fact that cases were still mixed in. The only thing I would have suggested to improve it (and this is after much thought!) would be to explore the reasons for A's complete about-face...maybe a little bit more on M's lunch with her since I'm assuming she was the predominant means of talking some sense into the woman. Overall, though, very well done. I look forward to reading more of your stories.
ragged chapter 6 . 1/14/2008
Your story was wonderful. Looking for the next installment of the story line. Thanks for sharing!
Shadow Cat17 chapter 6 . 1/13/2008
I loved this! You written it so well!