Reviews for Fox Ears
schoutrold chapter 1 . 6/21/2008
OH MY GOD! I ABSOLOUTLY LOVE THIS STORY! OH! ITS SP SWEET!
FinnFiona chapter 1 . 6/18/2008
Whew! That was a long one-but well worth it. You captured everyone's characters fairly well I think, and I particularly liked the fresh take on George and Charlie's reactions. I can see someone feeling that way, even if they wanted to hold onto something impossible. And the subtle references to the rest of the family-like Charlie thinking Ron hadn't grown up yet, but then how he's the one to go after Percy during that argument-were very nice. Technically speaking, I wonder if they maintained the purity of the timeline enough, since obliviating their memories and sort of knocking them out for a time would change when they left, how they reacted, etc (as I recall, Ron, Harry and Hermione had to keep moving immediately-after some insistent coaxing from Hermione's end). Nevertheless, it is a very seductive idea to bring Fred back-I absolutely hated that he died (made we want to write something myself, for some sort of closure). Anyhow, this is well-written and an enjoyable read-keep up the good work!
NAth chapter 1 . 6/15/2008
The was the most heartwrenching story that i have read about Gred and Feorge!

I cried, and laughed and grinned like a maniac.

It was well thought out, and well written.

Amazing job, you should be proud!
APatchOfSunlight chapter 1 . 6/13/2008
Speechless. I've had to type this review several times now. Thanks so much for writing this, it was somthing that had to be written.
lordofthepineapple chapter 1 . 6/12/2008
For this story you deserve to have your name in the Harry Potter Hall of Fame... if there was one anyway.

Really this is the best story I have ever read on ffnet. After reading the seventh book I still have yet to pick up another HP book, a lot because of Lupin, Tonks, and Dobby but mostly because of Fred. That part of that book was probably the saddest thing I have ever read.

You are awesome, I can't find words to describe how awesome you are for this story. So I'll say this instead. Thank you.
oceanwaters2006 chapter 1 . 6/11/2008
I ablsolutly love this story! It is the best way of bringing Fred back to life that I have yet read and it is brilliant. I love Fred and was so devestated when he was killed. And even more devestated that his death was never elaborated on. Not only that but you have completely captured the personalities and quirks of all the characters. I laughed and cried throughout the whole thing! Thank you so much for writing it, I have much enjoyed reading it!
psquare chapter 1 . 6/11/2008
It's been a long time since I've read a story that had me so emotionally involved, like this one. I was alternating between laughing out loud, and staring at the computer screen, wide-eyed. Brilliantly told tale, very nicely written.

The characterisations were just about spot-on, and while I must confess that I was one of the few who didn't mind the uh, "de-Fredding" in DH (George was the only twin I genuinely liked, for some reason), this story managed to move me to bits. And I loved the fact that you told the story through Charlie's eyes - a character who was never really fleshed out in the series. The insights you provided into his character, and his relationship with the twins was interesting, and delightfully refreshing. The bits about the "SW Club" were hilarious! Loved 'em.

I still have a few bones to pick about the basic plot, though. Sure, George uses the Time-Turner and the Portkey to get Fred back, but somewhere I kept thinking that this, uh, was... too simple. I kept reading the story with a deep foreboding at the base of my spine, a tiny fear that I would reach the end of the story, and the fairy-tale 'rescue' would be exposed, and everything will end in tragedy again. That's probably why the ending shocked me more than anything else, really. Don't mistake me, I'm all for happy endings, but how the whole thing was resolved in the end... suffice to say that I was not satisfied.

Even so, I enjoyed this story immensely, and I must say that it's a more than delightful change from the angsty "George-dealing-with-Fred's-death" that keep getting churned out these days. I must confess that I've written one of those "immediate aftermath" fics myself, but I've tried to keep the usual suspects to a minimum. I hope.

Once again, brilliantly written stuff you've got here. Technically very correct, as far as I could see - obviously you've gone over it with a fine-tooth comb. Definitely going into my favourites.

Take care, and Keep Writing!
FrednGeorgeFanGirl chapter 1 . 6/8/2008
this fic is absolutely amazing but i have a question that i just thought of.

if George and Charlie went back in time to make it so Fred never died and then the three of them camped out in the woods during the week after the battle, then wouldn't the weasleys just think that the three of them went missing and that it wasn't just that fred died? They would have never seen Fred's body and they wouldn't ever think that he died because he never would have. When the battle was over, they would have just been looking for the twins and Charlie. That whole week wouldn't have been the Weasleys grieving Fred, it would have been them frantically searching for the three of them.

I'm sorry I've read this fic twice and I absolutely love it but I JUST thought of that problem and I really really don't think this fic would work. I mean I know its just a story, but this fic showed them coming home and everyone was celebrating fred being alive, but they actually should have been celebrating three of the Weasley boys returning home after they'd been missing for a week.

I'm not sure if you've thought of this glitch or if you've already addressed it or something, but please let me know what you think. It is an absolutely beautiful story.
MCat711 chapter 1 . 6/4/2008
You and I have already discussed this fic at some length, but I wanted to publicly add my applause. *applauds*
Origami Cranes chapter 1 . 6/1/2008
There is simply no word for how much I enjoyed your story! This has now become my official favorite Fred and George story. I appreciate everyone writing stories like these, because I have (disgracefully, I might add) not read the last book yet. I am completely appalled at myself for this; however, I hope to get my hands on it soon. Thank you again for this. It has just made my night (and most likely the rest of next week). I can’t do it now, but I hope to read your other story, The Bright and Worthy King, sometime within the next few days. Until then, I bow to you.
mermeow chapter 1 . 5/28/2008
Oh, wow! I completely loved it! You have amazing writing skills! I found the link to your story in one of Olafpriol pieces in DeviantArt, where she drew the part where Fred gets re-Fredded. XD

I've cried so much reading this, it was all I could do not to sob loudly! & I think the headache I currently am suffering from is because of suppressing the sobs. & I laughed quite hard at parts too! At some point, I was laughing out loud & crying in the same time.. Do I have split personalities, or do your readers usually get this mentally-unstable while reading your stories?
Karate Tentacles chapter 1 . 5/26/2008
This is definitely what happened.

I wish I found this a long time ago - I could hardly talk about Fred's incident without tearing up, and now I know he lives on. :D
hannahannah chapter 1 . 5/21/2008
wonderfully done... you have a lovely way with words.
Captain Sparrow III chapter 1 . 5/19/2008
OMG FRED IS BACK! YES! I was so sad when I read the d-word scene, I actually cried! *Pathetic, right?* Now that the Re-Fredding has come to an end, we can all get on with our newly Fredded lives. Time-Turners was a brilliant idea, I never would have thought of it, and I am like, the guardian of fanfiction, or so my friends say. George was kind of emo during the beginning, but that's to be expected. Killing Fred was the one grave mistake J.K. made, it made me consider her the 'ultimate evil'. It never said who caused the explosion that killed Fred, so I say it was Rowling herself that killed him. Keep up the fanfics, this rox!
aniay chapter 1 . 5/12/2008
Good Lord! There were parts I was sobing and parts when I snorted with laughter but throug all the story I was positively "sucked in" into your story. The way you written Charlie, well in my mind his exactly the same Big-Brother always responsible for the twins so I really liked him in this story.

You pointed out that for Twins, when they are up to something, word 'imposible' don't exist.

There is one thing I'd point out and for me it's little bit unsettling. On the begginig it seemed more than weeked passed from de-Fredding and at the ending It's only a week, well it's not major mistake but I thought I'd point it out

I support Fe-fredding!