Reviews for Fox Ears
Velkyn Karma chapter 1 . 5/19/2014
I expect you've heard it enough by now, but this was just brilliant. I loved every second of it, and it's such a great way to fix the end of the book. Simple but elegant solution, much better than any single other theory I've read so far. This just...left me feeling so satisfied. I'm pretty much adopting this as headcanon because I hated the way the real books ended.

Thanks for writing this wonderful little piece :)

VelkynKarma
Sayichi chapter 1 . 5/19/2014
Thank You so much for this story! I am now erasing all memories where Fred stayed de-Fredded and replacing them with memories of this wonderfull truth of him being re-Fredded. XD Now I need to go and dance in a conga line.
AlyssPotter chapter 1 . 5/6/2014
:D Awesome! This made me so happy! I can't stop smiling! I'm mad JKR de-Fredded Fred!
TeamPotterorJackson chapter 1 . 5/4/2014
This is perfect. It saves book seven. I love it-it's something I could see actually see happening in an epilogue to the epilogue. When I first saw it I thought George was going to give himself fox ears to try and cheer his family up, but this is so much better.
AMMO121 chapter 1 . 5/2/2014
Gahhhhhh! I love this so much! It just kinds of helps me with the whole de-fredding deal, thank you so much!
blackcatblue chapter 1 . 4/17/2014
i cried at 5 different points during this story. its amazing. glorious, beautiful and emotional in an amazing swirl of creativity and brilliance. please dont sequel fox ears, the ending is too perfect, but even if you did, i dont doubt that it would be as amazing as this.

keeping creativity alive
black cat blue
Qoheleth chapter 1 . 4/7/2014
Dear Starhorse:

1: Frankly, I expected something more original from George than this. Any fool can travel in time; a Weasley twin ought to have at least as good a trick up his sleeve as Orpheus did.

2: The line about "these cute little stick thingys [sic]" is easily one of the best I've ever seen on this site. Thank you for that.

3: Just Charlie, Fred, and George? Ginny doesn't make it into the short-Weasley club? How short-sighted of her brothers. (No pun intended.)

4: Finally, since the twins presumably didn't know it when they were five, I feel honor-bound to constate on their behalf that some foxes *do* have long ears. Fennecs, for instance.

Yes, I think that's everything. Thank you for your kind attention.

Sincerely,
Qoheleth
Alitote chapter 1 . 4/5/2014
I love you. No questions about it, I love you. Fred was one of my favorite characters, and the twins are my favorite people from the book. I love you for writing this!
Julia chapter 1 . 3/2/2014
This was wonderful. Lovely. Thank you. Thank you so much for writing this
Fred dying was the worst thing that ever happened in the series, except perhaps for Lily and James's deaths - wich were almost as tragic, but, still, in a way necessary. Fred's death was just horrible and tragic and lett everyone empty.
So thank you. Thank you. And thanks to your family for making you write it down.
Kanae chapter 1 . 2/26/2014
From this moment on, that'd also gonna be (for me) the end of the twins. Thanks. Loved the story!
TooBitter chapter 1 . 1/2/2014
I'm not afraid to admit that this actually made me- the emotionless potterhead- cry my eyes out. This is beautiful, and I really love how you threw your own spin at it. I almost prefer this over the book, but alas, in my mind the book cannot be replaced. I will never forget this fanfiction. And I can't look at laces ever again without thinking 'fox ears'. Thank you very much for giving me the honor and pleasure of reading this. It felt so much like a novel.
Best wishes,
Bitter
footballprincess chapter 1 . 12/30/2013
OMG, i couldn't stop crying, then i couldn't stop smiling, then i couldn't stop thinking about it. I love you so very much for writing this, thank you thank you thank you! i loved it! great job!
szopekimi chapter 1 . 12/11/2013
Hi :)
I'm from Poland and I don't write any fanfiction, I only read it. Actually, I only created an account in order to be able to review your fantastic story... and thank you for writing it!

First of all, I remember when I started reading DH for the first time... I remember that I was told that some characters would be killed and I was only thinking "please let it not be Fred or George... or both of them... Please let it not be them..." And of course it turned out to be Fred... I think I don't need to write how awful it was to read about his death... I mean, Harry killed Voldemort and so on, the world was saved etc etc, but, you know, somehow I wasn't happy with the ending... I've loved the twins since the first book of the series, so it was pretty hard... Furthermore, you can't just go and seperate TWINS... Especially the Weasley twins...

So yeah, I hated the ending of DH. I read some fanfiction to make me feel better, but mostly I avoided the ones where "George mourns Fred's death", "George deals with Fred's death", "George writes a letter to Fred after his death", because simply they seemed too sad for me and I didn't want to acknowledge Fred's death. I stuck with those stories about the ear incident, for example, because they didn't involve any of the twins dying. But at some point, recently, I discovered your fiction... First I read 'The Worthy King', then 'The Summer' and today I've finished 'Fox Ears'. I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for writing this wonderful stories, because they make EVERYTHING so much better now! I only wish I had spotted them earlier, it would have saved me so much grief... Because every time I thought of DH I always had this painful thought "Why did it have to one of them?!"... But now I guess I have your fics and I simply choose to have as the real ending of Harry Potter series. You know, actually, if HP hadn't ended like it did concerning what happens to the twins, we wouldn't have gotten your wonderful story... So I guess that you can say that every cloud has its silver lining... :) :)

Everything about your stories is perfect: you wrote the twins so well :) besides, I always missed some kind of intimaty between them in the books, for instance after George loses his ear... But Rowling never gave it to us. I'm glad you did, I'm perfectly confident that I'll be coming back to these stories...

Ok, this is becoming an essay, so I just want to say THANK YOU one more time... You made me feel so much better about the ending of DH... And, mind you, I read DH after it was published, and that's some years ago... And nothing I read or watched since your fiction made me this comforted... If you have time some day, how about considering writing a fourth part of this series? :) I would love to read how the twins spend that finest summer ;) Anyway, warm greetins from Poland, your stories made so much more than just my day :) I feel so much better now also after writing this comment and getting everything out of me:)
UmiNezumi chapter 1 . 12/2/2013
q.q Hello!
Aww, they bring Fred back to life! Thats so cool! :( Why don't they do that in the Film too? :c
Oh man, so amazing how you wrote this Fanfiction, I loved it!

Umi
(Sorry for my shitty english xD)
youarentiam chapter 1 . 10/26/2013
Wow. This was seriously amazing. The whole plot was fantastic, and you are a great writer. I cried like 10 times while reading this. Thanks for bringing back Fred! :)
501 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »