Reviews for The Last Son, Book Three: Changes
MartyrFan chapter 43 . 4/14
X-Men: Evolution is one of my favorite animated series. One of my favorite types of stories is when they add a new character to the storyline, altering it. What you've done is to masterfully take the universes of DC and Marvel, and using the Evolution series as a base, created a universe that combines them all. I've enjoyed Books 1-3, and I intend to get started on Book 4 once summer starts. I'm not sure how far you're into Book 4, but may I suggest a few characters or things that haven't made an appearance? Ghost Rider, the Guardians of the Galaxy, the Red Lantern Corp.? Or are they are in Book 4? Anyway, keep up the good work!
MF 22 chapter 37 . 2/11
Just so you know, Phoenix/Dark Phoenix would definitely be categorized as a Class Six entity, using the parameters laid out in this chapter. Even with you having Phoenix being merely an alternate personality/consciousness, like that insipid Last Stand movie did, it's still powerful enough to wipe out solar systems, or worse, quite easily. It is majesty and terror, rolled into a magnificent package.
MF 22 chapter 1 . 2/1
I've been rereading the saga, and I've noticed a few things I hadn't before. For instance, when the Hellions were introduced, you wrote that something, or someone, was blocking the Professor from picking up their readings until that moment. Emma Frost, while being one of the world's most powerful telepaths, is not as powerful as the Professor, who is the strongest telepath on Earth. The only way I could see that working is the Professor didn't know of their existence, thus wasn't looking for them specifically. If he had, there's no way Emma would've been able to mask their presence. She doesn't have that kind of power.

Next, in this chapter, you have the President of Iran speaking Arabic. While Arabic is spoken there, the official language of Iran is Farsi, and the President would be speaking in it. Next, despite popular opinion, it is the Supreme Ruler who has the true power in Iran, not the President. It would be he who addressed the world on the nuclear issue. The President has little actual power, and follows the policy of the Supreme Leader.
bee14ish chapter 11 . 12/29/2014
Those reviews from Nimbus and Breeze, especially the former, listen to them.
Vanessa Masters chapter 37 . 12/22/2014
Epic Chapter. AND GALACTUS! EPIC!
Vanessa Masters chapter 24 . 12/20/2014
DRAMA!
Vanessa Masters chapter 15 . 12/16/2014
LOVED THIS! And the Wanda/Todd Date :D
Drgyen chapter 24 . 12/5/2014
That's a freaking ass-pull story for downplaying the Gibborim with Phantom Zone guns. And I have wonder that if you keep having Superman as the science hero, then why bother not using some of his tech to help any obstacles? And don't bullshit about the Prime Directive knock off because by then it becomes a forgone conclusion.
Vanessa Masters chapter 5 . 10/7/2014
Cool. So, Maybe Carol Danvers gets powers from this?
Vanessa Masters chapter 33 . 10/7/2014
Poor Anita, she had to make a hard choice, so did Clark.

And yet, some beautiful news for Sue and Reed :D
Vanessa Masters chapter 32 . 10/7/2014
Wild! And the ending with Martha, emotional, but then it turned to even worse!
bee14ish chapter 36 . 10/4/2014
Good chapter I guess. Would've been much more powerful had Mark actually stayed dead. Hard to believe that an AI as advanced as Brainiac could be outdone by some lowly humans. Also makes it really difficult to read stories knowing that Death is Cheap. Almost skipped straight to the end of the chapter after that cheesy rebirth. Gives the illusion that there's no threat or sense of danger knowing everything will be unchanged and A-OK in the end, since that's rarely how things work in even comic books. Maybe that's just preference, though.
bee14ish chapter 32 . 9/30/2014
Meh. It was a good chapter. Hated the whole scene with Ross though. Seems people don't really know how the US military and government operate. Even without the framing situation, Ross still has tons of evidence to convict Superman and his group, possibly without court.

Also, isn't Wonder Woman a bit of a hypocrite? Claiming pedophilia isn't acceptable back at home...but for the last few months, she's been in some type of relationship with Bruce. I wished someone could have called her out on her crap, but oh well.
bee14ish chapter 31 . 9/29/2014
I know this is your story and all, but lol at the notion of Odin being able to do anything to Mxyzptlk against his will, or Mxyzptlk needing some sorry ass Norn Stone for power. So far beneath him it isn't even funny. Also, Superman replacing Thor in Ragnarok? Way to rob Thor of any significance he may have outside of interactions with others.

Overall, this was alright. I could go without Superman winning every single encounter without using a fraction of his power, but hey, I'm only on Chp. 31, so maybe he will get his ass handed to him sooner or later. We'll see.
gokuchiefkarkat chapter 22 . 8/23/2014
Finally you have Deadpool break the fourth-wall, I've been waiting for that, although he's usually more in your face about it, for example, in a video game, he hits the enemy with his health and special and talks to the player.
1,066 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »