Reviews for The Last Son, Book Three: Changes
CMR Rosa chapter 43 . 5/17/2011
A great end to a great story, I love that Lex his amnesia like at the end of Smallville and that Alfred and Martha are dating I can't wait for The Last Son, Book Four: Destinies.
Sorakage Sama chapter 43 . 5/17/2011
Wow. Apocalypse AND Darkseid. That is overkill. Here's hoping that the two of them focus on each other, more than the human race. Even superman at one hundred percent would get kicked around like a football going up against the both of them. I can't wait to see what you do with the next edition, and your future stories. I'm looking forward to your next work.

Ja ne

Sorakage Sama
Kaiba1288 chapter 43 . 5/17/2011
This is a awesome end to a awesome story, I am looking forward to reading what you write next, good luck.

Peace & Jah Bless

Ja ne

Kaiba1288
graypheonix chapter 43 . 5/17/2011
Heh, it has been a long haul; but a lot of plot bunnies and a ton of foreshadowing later, and you've provided enough incentive for people to come back to the sequels. While I'm a late-comer to your fans, I do encourage you to continue to improve your writing, and banging it out like this. Because hey, if you can keep to a serious update schedule like this, writing professionally, on a regular basis? Not too hard from there. In any case, continue to update, ja ne.
Infinite Freedom chapter 43 . 5/17/2011
You officially stand, in by books, as one of the best writers on this site. I have to say I honored to have read this story and I eagerly await the next.

P.S. I'm guessing Martha might go for that gene therapy now?
MarvelMaster616 chapter 43 . 5/17/2011
Well, I knew this day would come eventually. I’ve been dreading it while simultaneously looking forward to it. The end of Last Son Book Three has been a long time coming, but it’s been such an awesome journey along the way that I honestly don’t remember what it was like to NOT be awaiting the next chapter. That shows how far it’s come and how truly awesome it’s been. But even the greatest of stories need an end.

It starts and ends with rebuilding. I like how it didn’t just go back to the way it was before Zod. People are still afraid of Superman. Never mind that he stopped Zod and saved the world yet again. Zod placed an indelible fear of Kryptonians in every human. He was a lot like Superman. He was even RELATED to Superman on some levels. So what’s to stop him from becoming like Zod as he gets older and the world starts wearing on him more? I think Nick Fury was best at embodying those fears. He seems to want control over Superman, the Justice League, and all that juicy technology he has access to. It’s in his nature. He’s a control freak and he’s not the only one.

I like how you wrote the UN scene. I’m sure in real life it’s never that smooth, but this being an extreme circumstance it would have to be. I’m glad T’Challa and Namor of all people (this one took me a moment to wrap my head around lol) were the voice of reason. It is a double standard in that Superman can save the world dozens of times, but it takes just one mistake for him to be outright condemned. Why can’t people be stronger? Or maybe a more accurate question would be why can’t politicians be stronger? Well then again, the probably wouldn’t be politicians if they were so I guess that question answers itself. lol I like the compromise T’Challa set forth in the end. The Justice League would be the ones to control the Sentrius module, but it’s use has to be approved by an international body. The problem with compromise is that it does have drawbacks. I’m cynical when it comes to giving large political bodies that kind of power. But for something as powerful as Sentrius, maybe it’s a good idea to have it’s deployment mired in bureaucracy.

However, they may have to use it sooner rather than later. I see you already dropped a few hints about the next great threat! One is Apocalypse with Sinister and Ozymandias pulling the strings. Now THERE’S a guy who could cause problems even for the Sentrius. But even he would struggle against the likes of Darkseid, who it seems the Kree had the misfortune of meeting. These beings are almost god-like. Even Zod never had that kind of power without the Sentrius to back him up. Superman my have defeated a big threat from within his own family, but he’ll have his hands full with those two when they enter the picture!

And finally, Lex comes back into the picture and he’s not in a very friendly mood to say the least. He sounds a lot like the Lex Luthor that we all know and despise. That leads me to wonder is it just because of amnesia that he’s like this? Or if he remembered, would he be even more upset? It was because of Superman that he ended up in a coma in the first place. It was because of Superman that he finds himself in his current position. He’s definitely on a dangerous path and one that could lead him to being the villain that Superman has always dreaded the most, nearly as much as Zod. I really look forward to seeing where that’s going! Book Four is already looking to be epic on a whole new level!

I’m also glad that you threw a little humor into the mix. Clark and Bruce’s reaction to Ma and Alfred’s relationship was priceless! After a hard struggle against Zod, I think it’s fitting that they face something like that to put everything into perspective. I also see that you borrowed from the graduation day plot from X-men. I think it’s an appropriate way to end this book. After the battle against Zod, they have graduated to something far greater. It’s time for some of them to become adults and take on a new role. I’m sure those roles will become more defined in the next book, whenever it may be.

It sounds like you have plenty on your plate with Crusades and Smallville. I’ll definitely be checking those out when they begin! You’ve built such an extensive universe with Last Son. It’s more than fitting that you continue developing it. It’s on a scale that even Marvel and DC could never match. If they were smart, they would put this in a massive graphic novel and give you half the profits! I would buy ten copies just because it’s that awesome.

You should be very proud of yourself, my friend. You told a story that’s epic on a level that few ever dare and even fewer complete. You started something special and you finished it. For that, you deserve all the praise you get and a hundred times more! I know I’ve praised this story from the beginning and I keep finding more reasons to love it. Your work is truly inspirational. I don’t know if I’ll ever match it with X-men Supreme, but I’m going to try! lol Great job man! Uncanny! Astonishing! Amazing! Spectacular! And every other word Marvel and DC has ever used to describe a lesser work. Thank you on behalf of everyone else who read this story for sharing it with us. Until your next masterpiece, take care and best wishes. And thanks for all your support on X-men Supreme!

MarvelMaster616
Jason Kreuger Myers chapter 43 . 5/17/2011
Wow, a little short compared to the other chapters but still GREAT!

Supes is gonna do something rash isn't he? I admit, it was PARTLY his fault that he automatically assumed Zod was just like him and his characteristic of trying seeing the best in people, but the rest of what happened was NOT his fault, it was Zod's.

NO! IS SUPES OUT OF HIS MIND! ? I guess now I understand hoe deeply Zod's betrayal and rampage has shaken him.

WHOA! T'Challa stepped up here. THat's actually a pretty good idea. It doesn't make the League to powerful and Sentrius is only used in EXTREME circumstances.

You think Zod is bad? I don't think he has ANYTHING on Darkseid. AKA the closest thing the universe has too a true Devil. I hope you write him as the killing monster he is and just have him WASTE Supes when they meet for the first time. That can truly put over the threat he is.

Does Lex have amnesia or is he faking? Hmmmmm...Well, guess the road to darkness has begun.

HAHAHAHAHAHA! Bruce has lost his cool! Now that was priceless. Don't worry Diana, you'll get there eventually.

You know, I think Alfred is the only person on Earth who cannot be phased by Batman's glare.

After all the talks with the others, it's truly fitting for Martha to be the one to talk sense into Clark. Despite all his powers, there's no force that can resist the words of a caring mother.

Yep Clark, facing down Zod is nowhere as bad as realizing your mother is dating again.

Makes sense, Joker gaining powers is truly horrifying cause Joker doesn't NEED them. Joker is truly evil at it's worst form and he doesn't need superpowers to be an incredible threat to the planet.

Wow, Clark giving that kryptonite to Bruce shows another degree of maturity. Wonder if it will come up?

Hope there is an adventure solely between the World's Finest.

Graduation, you never forget it.

Will John-Henry join the League in the next Part?

Well their work is never done LOL!

I was CONVINCED you were gonna end this part with underneath a mountain and say 'DOOMSDAY IS COMING!' You know damn well who I'm talking about.

YES! This entire saga has been nothing short of amazing and you should be deeply proud.

Take as much time as you like, after a saga like this you need some rest.

Hope to see Smallville and Crusade sometime in the future.

SAYONARA AND GODSPEED!
potterfanxp123 chapter 43 . 5/17/2011
Wow, unless I missed something in my reading, I did not see that coming. A two-way coming of Apocolypse? Heck yeah, that's gonna be awesome. I enjoyed this chapter a lot, and liked the ending to the Last Son trilogy, though now I think about it, it's become a quadrilogy. I liked the portrayal of both Bruce and Clark when they realized that the two most important role-models in their lives were seeing each other, fun times have been had by all!

Keep up the good work,

And I can't wait for Book Four!

William
Lt. Cmdr. Radner chapter 43 . 5/17/2011
Great epologue and a good ending, you seemed to be reading my mind sine I figured that Supes would in some way turn Sentrius over to the UN in some way shape or form. I liked how you tied up alot of the little plot points like Martha and Alfred, graduation, and the Zod arc as a whole. I also love the teasers you left for the next book. Darkseid and Apcacolyps(sp?) are the major baddies for the next book which will probably be a while off but I love the slate of things to come, Hanging Ten was great and Look forward to the sequel, a new Transformers/ultimate spider-man story in the works, given what I've read about the current state of the ultimate universe, please say you will rectify some of the MAJOR screw ups Marvel made. And last we have Crusade and Smallville Chronicles, which given that Smallville just ended, should be really fun reads. Overall a great slate of things to come I look forward to the rest of the ride.

Keep up the good work true believer and until the next story I say... DISMISSED AND BREAK DARKSEID'S LEGS
Parzival vi Britannia chapter 43 . 5/17/2011
that was a real nice ending :) I really loved this book especially the UN meeting! cant wait for more from you. Please do send an alert via uploading the chapter when more superman fic are published!
Agent Reptile chapter 43 . 5/17/2011
This was an awesome conclussion to your third book and has alluded to both Darkseid and Apocalipse while also giving a plausible reason that Lex could be Clark's foe and not remember anything about his childhood. Just wondering though, but will Venom ever make an appearence in your story? I've been wondering that for years now and just thought to ask.
mdizzle chapter 6 . 5/9/2011
AHH Lobo! That's great! I can't wait! Sorry this chap took so long with me. Life has been hectic.

Anyways, I think I've grown a new respect for you as a writer. I know I'd go crazy if I had to write so many accents.

six chapters down, only...sigh thirty six to go
Finmonster chapter 42 . 5/8/2011
Wow, that was a very climatic finish. Great job with everything, can't wait for the epilogue and to see where the story goes from here. All in all you did an amazing job! Well done!
The Tell-Tale Man chapter 1 . 5/8/2011
Great story. Nice.
AnthonyR89 chapter 5 . 5/2/2011
another error i have noticed in this series in regards to the dialogue of thor. i have no clue what the hell ufgard is supposed to be, but if you are referring to Earth, the norse word for it is Midgard. still, decent story.
1,073 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »