Reviews for The Last Son, Book Three: Changes
potterfanxp123 chapter 43 . 5/17/2011
Wow, unless I missed something in my reading, I did not see that coming. A two-way coming of Apocolypse? Heck yeah, that's gonna be awesome. I enjoyed this chapter a lot, and liked the ending to the Last Son trilogy, though now I think about it, it's become a quadrilogy. I liked the portrayal of both Bruce and Clark when they realized that the two most important role-models in their lives were seeing each other, fun times have been had by all!

Keep up the good work,

And I can't wait for Book Four!

William
Lt. Cmdr. Radner chapter 43 . 5/17/2011
Great epologue and a good ending, you seemed to be reading my mind sine I figured that Supes would in some way turn Sentrius over to the UN in some way shape or form. I liked how you tied up alot of the little plot points like Martha and Alfred, graduation, and the Zod arc as a whole. I also love the teasers you left for the next book. Darkseid and Apcacolyps(sp?) are the major baddies for the next book which will probably be a while off but I love the slate of things to come, Hanging Ten was great and Look forward to the sequel, a new Transformers/ultimate spider-man story in the works, given what I've read about the current state of the ultimate universe, please say you will rectify some of the MAJOR screw ups Marvel made. And last we have Crusade and Smallville Chronicles, which given that Smallville just ended, should be really fun reads. Overall a great slate of things to come I look forward to the rest of the ride.

Keep up the good work true believer and until the next story I say... DISMISSED AND BREAK DARKSEID'S LEGS
Parzival vi Britannia chapter 43 . 5/17/2011
that was a real nice ending :) I really loved this book especially the UN meeting! cant wait for more from you. Please do send an alert via uploading the chapter when more superman fic are published!
Agent Reptile chapter 43 . 5/17/2011
This was an awesome conclussion to your third book and has alluded to both Darkseid and Apocalipse while also giving a plausible reason that Lex could be Clark's foe and not remember anything about his childhood. Just wondering though, but will Venom ever make an appearence in your story? I've been wondering that for years now and just thought to ask.
mdizzle chapter 6 . 5/9/2011
AHH Lobo! That's great! I can't wait! Sorry this chap took so long with me. Life has been hectic.

Anyways, I think I've grown a new respect for you as a writer. I know I'd go crazy if I had to write so many accents.

six chapters down, only...sigh thirty six to go
Finmonster chapter 42 . 5/8/2011
Wow, that was a very climatic finish. Great job with everything, can't wait for the epilogue and to see where the story goes from here. All in all you did an amazing job! Well done!
The Tell-Tale Man chapter 1 . 5/8/2011
Great story. Nice.
AnthonyR89 chapter 5 . 5/2/2011
another error i have noticed in this series in regards to the dialogue of thor. i have no clue what the hell ufgard is supposed to be, but if you are referring to Earth, the norse word for it is Midgard. still, decent story.
AnthonyR89 chapter 2 . 5/2/2011
also, an error i forgot to point out in the previous chapter. you state that clark has his own room because he would wake a roomate up with his sonic boom. if he actually went supersonic in his room, he'd likely destroy it.
AnthonyR89 chapter 1 . 5/2/2011
still re-reading the series. and while i do enjoy it, you need to start actually putting forth some villains who actually stand a chance against superman, since you've drasticallly underpowered the marvel characters compared to their dc counter-parts, having superman easily defeat powerhouses like juggernaught, the hulk, Doom, and Magneto, and having the flash be far faster than quicksilver, it does kind of make obvious the fact that you are more of a dc fan than a marvel one. in any case you need to bring in someone capable of kicking the shit out of superman and the others, like Onslaught (though considering the general tone of the series, i doubt you would put him in), or apocalypse, or darkseid, or Doomsday, or hell, even lobo.
darksnider666 chapter 42 . 5/1/2011
Wonderful chapter! I'm sad to see that the final chapter of this book to be coming, I'll be even more sad when the 4th book is finished. As of now your story is the only real reason I keep coming back here to read. I have yet to find any story on here that truly captures me as yours do. Keep up the good work as you always do and I can't wait for the next chapter or book...Apocalypse and Darkseid team up...that's all I'm screaming right now lol. As always great job.
locolycan777 chapter 42 . 4/30/2011
Very nice chapter my friend. An ending worthy of general Zod. Now i have only two concerns. Is the next chapter the end of this series. I ask this because there is still apocalypse to face. If you do carry on with that foe i know you will ake it worth it. Also i thought you should know this story may very well be the longest on the whole site. Can't wait for the next chapter.
MarvelMaster616 chapter 42 . 4/30/2011
They say every great epic is defined by the climax of everything it built towards. If that holds true, then Last Son is truly epic on a scale that goes beyond mere fanfiction. I’m serious, man. This has been a series beyond anything that a casual fan could conceive of. This is the kind of series that takes passion, dedication, and a certain level of brilliance that you can’t learn. You either have it or you don’t. And you, my friend, have it in abundance!

Zod came in with every possible advantage. He had the Sentrius’s firepower. Then he took it a step further as he always does, setting up Fort Rozz. It’s the perfect tactical maneuver. Set up a stronghold right in the enemy’s back yard and make them adjust to you. That base was every bit as tough as was described. Not even Namor’s epic temper and the Atlantean navy stood a chance. Zod made it look easy. That or his ego is just THAT huge. Not sure which is which.

He sure gave Superman, the X-men, and the league plenty of licks. They really were down for the count. That was a nice moment with Spider-Man and Mary Jane. I think that really summed up how bad it was. Zod hit them hard both physically and emotionally. When a guy has a massive star-base and a fortress in the Atlantic, you’re going to get a little demoralized no matter who you are. lol Superman, for all his power and brilliance, was completely outmatched and that’s saying a lot. I’m sure you remember all those comments others made about making him too powerful. Well I don’t think they can be said anymore. Zod beat Superman on pretty much every level. Even I didn’t know how he had any hopes of stopping Zod.

His tactic was actually something that surprised me. It wasn’t some new machine or some contrived failsafe, which I’m sure would tempt other writers. Superman, Power Girl, and Kara took a huge risk. By pretending to kneel as Zod requested, they were going into the lion’s covered in slabs of meat as it were. If he suspected even for a second that they were messing with him, then he probably wouldn’t have hesitated to end them on the spot. Superman and his friends deserve an Oscar for the acting job they did. I think Zod overthought the situation. I think he believed having Superman on his side would help him end the conflict faster. This is one case in war where having too many moving parts will work against you.

Superman played his part nicely and he managed to get Mark to the Sentrius. That was key. I like how you had Mark talk to the Sentrius one-on-one. It’s easy to forget that this thing is an AI. Even if it’s artificial, having any level of intelligence means it can be reasoned with. It’s stubborn as all machines tend to be, but it got through to Sentrius and took away Zod’s most powerful weapon.

As for Zod himself, he paid for his mistake. He gave Superman a chance and he took it. The way he got the others on board to shut down Fort Rozz was risky, but it worked and Zod has no one to blame but himself. That’s when that ego of his came into play yet again. In his angry state, he unloaded on everybody so much that his brilliant mind stopped thinking. He walked right into a trap and lost his powers. Even a man as brilliant as Zod has to understand that overreacting to a situation never works.

The final scene was powerful on a cosmic level! That moment where Superman had to debate over killing Zod reminded me of that scene in Batman Begins where Batman confronted Goual. He does not kill, but that doesn’t mean he had to save him. All Superman has to do was leave Zod to his fate when that missile hit. That was by far my favorite moment, but it leaves me wondering.

Is there a chance Zod survived? Will they recover a body? You know comic physics as well as I do. If there’s no body, that usually means he’s not dead. I suppose that’s thinking too far ahead, but that’s what made the scene so amazing! It’s left open for more awesome down the line.

So in the end, Zod was stopped. But I imagine that the world will never be the same. Nick Fury was proved right in a sense. One rogue Kryptonian nearly brought the entire world to it’s knees…literally and figuratively. lol It nearly caused them to nuke one of their own cities. And the only way to destroy him was with another Kryptonian. That cannot sit will. Not even remotely. Plus, a country was basically leveled in North Korea. That says nothing about what happened with Doom. How can Superman, the X-men, and the Justice League rebuild from here? I imagine relations will have to change. The Avengers and SHIELD can’t go back to the way things were. It could go so many ways and I’m very excited to see how it all ends!

This chapter was epic. There’s no way around it. I could go on an on, but I only have a limited amount of space to work with. lol I know I try to have some criticism with which you can improve on, but there’s not a whole lot here. You did almost everything right. The only suggestion I can make is to watch the semi-colons. You overused them here again. When in doubt, use periods. They tend to work better in most cases.

Overall, this was an epic ending to a story that’s been building for so long. I can’t tell you how amazing it was to follow. It’s been such an adventure and you should be very proud of everything you’ve accomplished. This story is more than special. It’s truly in a class of it’s own. You are one of the best, my friend! You should take a lot of pride in what you’re doing because it’s truly astonishing! While I’m a little saddened at the prospect of this story ending, I couldn’t be more pleased. Great job! Awesome! Uncanny! Keep up all your wonderful work. Until next time, take care and best wishes!

MarvelMaster616
potterfanxp123 chapter 42 . 4/29/2011
You know, this morning when I got up, I said to myself, "self, today's a good day". I said that, not because I thought this story was getting an update, but because I was going to watch the Wedding, since I wasn't alive during the wedding of Charles and Diana.

So, I'm sitting here, watching the wedding, when I say, "Self, you know what would make this day even better? That's right, an update to "Last Son 3", but I didn't hold much hope, because my luck isn't that good.

So, I'm checking my email, and can you believe it! I sure couldn't! Wow, what luck.

That said, I read it. And, it lived up to expectations. My favorite part, of course, was Clark's declaration, "I've been fighting this war like Zod, now I'm going to fight it like Jor-El!" Yeah!

So, thank you for the update, and congratulations on hitting the million mark! This is officially the longest story I've ever read, so congratulations!

A couple of things:

Loved sending his Zoddi-ness to the Phantom Zone, you can never go wrong with a phantom zone manipulator, or even a Zone singularity.

Second, Kryptonite sucks! I hate it, and stupid war-mongering war-hawks. Start taking a freaking hint... grr.

Good job, and thanks,

Will!
Michael Weyer chapter 42 . 4/29/2011
Very good wrap-up to it all, makes sense how Zod was taken down and look forward to the epilouge. A bit worried how Lex is going to turn into the villian now but still looking forward to the excellent stuff you have planned.
1,066 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »