Reviews for The Last Son, Book Three: Changes
LaNaturalBreezeOf-Books chapter 43 . 7/4/2014
To be truthful, I couldn't enjoy the character of Alison Blaire. Everything else was exceptional; the descriptions and dialogue was engaging and was what pulled me through this monster story!
I tried to give Alison a chance like you said but I was turned off and frustrated by the way she talked to Clark; constant giggling is probably a common female trait but it made her look like a schoolgirl that still gossips to her friends about how cute the new guy was. I'm not exactly a expert on Clark Kent/Kal-El's character but he is a mature adult that is past the schoolgirl types.
I recognised that most of the females in the story, when engaged in a romantic scene, coo a lot. Cooing is aimed at children or cute animals, or in a joking manner if it is aimed at an older person.
I cringed every time Alison cooed at Clark. Whatever mature romantic stuff going on at the time was promptly *killed* by that almost degrading choice of word. I can't help it if you really believe that is how Superman's one true love should speak to him as if he were a child.
I appreciated the attempt to make Alison more tasteful to the readers by making her sort out her own problems with the whole break up thing but she was pretty weak in dealing with her emotions. Like, get over it!
I see Superman as a man and too many times have I seen Alison be an emotionally weak and inferior female that should have been like Lana; left in the past. I admit I skipped a lot of a Alison/Clark moments because it made me swear in frustration few times too many.
I stayed for the Zod plot and I wasn't disappointed. The General could have been one awesome 'take no bullzhuut from no one' sort of guy which is needed but I guess fate has a strong grip on him. I also really liked your creative use of onomatopoeia. Haven't read much comics of watched many tv shows so I'm taking everything as I see it! Can I ask a question, how many science-babble-historic stories, words and phrases are real? It is so easy to believe everything.
Good job I was impressed! ;)
MF 22 chapter 43 . 3/25/2014
I hope the fourth book has Cadmus being taken down, with Lassider standing trial for treason. He not only disobeyed a lawful order from his superior, but one from his Commander-In-Chief. That's treason, an offense that brings with it the death penalty.
MF 22 chapter 11 . 3/22/2014
When using the Kelvin scale, you don't use degrees. You just say the number and Kelvin (or K, for short,) such as 0 Kelvin, which is absolute zero, with the Celsius equivalent being -273.15 degrees Celsius.
wolvesowl chapter 40 . 3/5/2014
This is a great story! Thanks for posting.
Miriam1 chapter 38 . 2/26/2014
I have two questions. 1) Is Deadpool a character of any canon, either Marvel or DC? 2) This is the second meta-break of the fourth wall I've seen in this story. Is this common for Deadpool, either as a canon character or as an OC?

Beyond those... I don't have words to describe how amazing this story is. Just when I thought you've outdone yourself, you quickly go one better.

I'm looking forward to reading the oncoming battle. (There are SO many subplots going on, you have plenty of material for the NEXT story, as well.)

Miriam1 chapter 34 . 2/25/2014
General Zod IS everything Superman's detractors thought Kal was.

Kal is content to live peacefully, and help everyone around him do the same. Dru wants to take the Kryptonian superior intellect and power, and take over Earth and its various races present, probably at great cost to everyone involved.

Kal will learn that his godfather is the tyrant the inhabitants of Earth fear. That won't end well. The upcoming clash between Zod and the son of Jor-El will devastate poor Kal.

But I'm sure that Kal will win. He won't be unscathed, but he will succeed, or at least draw a temporary stalemate.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

I'm looking forward to reading further.

Miriam1 chapter 10 . 2/16/2014
I suspect an odd romance coming up. Batman and Wonder Woman are unlikely but interesting.

And you are right: Joker's evil is a vicious type of crazy most our protagonists haven't encountered until now.

I look forward to reading further.

Miriam1 chapter 5 . 2/16/2014
The sad thing is that Superman can actually read the writing and could answer their questions.

However, I guess this is part of the Kryptonian ethos: if the native Earth people figure out how and why the Kree stuff works on their own, that might be close enough to not violate the "do not interfere" rule.

Lorna is Magneto's daughter. You know, if Erik would have simply met her without any ulterior motives, a lot of family reconciliation could have occurred. Instead, Magneto used Lorna.

I find it interesting that the Mutant parents just don't seem to do good jobs towards their kids. At least Mystique is trying to correct her past wrong doings by being a better mother now.

From the little we've seen, Sebastian Shaw has been awful to Shinobi. Sebastian could have a much better relationship with his son, but he chooses to only value Shinobi by how successful a minion he is.

I wonder if Dr. Doom would turn on Anita if she gave up on Superman for a suitor. I also wonder who Anita would settle for, should she give up he pursuit. But first, she would have to learn that people are not possessions to be used at will.

Considering her father, Anita would have difficulty with that. However, it might be possible, and weirder things have happened.

I look forward to reading further.

Mr. Scratch chapter 1 . 8/28/2013
Thank you ZK Chromedragozoid for an awesome character!
shin obin chapter 24 . 8/27/2013
i too, am going to forget i read that.
Brilliant chapter 43 . 6/4/2013
You son of a bitch! You are just utterly brilliant! The writing, the plot, the perfect union of two worlds?! Incredible to say the least! You are incredible isr. And I wish you can make infinite more.
Page 31 chapter 31 . 5/31/2013
Mxyzptlk has none of the limits you gave him. He had no range limit. He didn't need a projector. And he can control reality with no sweat at all. read/Just watch Emperor Joker and you'll get what I mean. Other than that, meh.
Page 25 chapter 25 . 5/30/2013
Love the part of Alison leaving. About time. Hate the part about all the villains escaping. It's getting annoying. They should be killed ahead when Superman had the chance.
HaywireEagle chapter 43 . 4/22/2013
It took me forever to get through these three books and here I am now, ready to take the final step.

From book one where Kal was a rookie Hero with high hopes. I read on as he grew into his destiny and fought greater and greater odds to find acceptance in a world that stands in fear and awe of his powers and technology. Watched as he struggled through betrayal and covert plots from all sides. Watched as he found love, family, while always trying to be the beacon his father Jor-El wanted and his adoptive one Jonathan knew in his heart.

All I can say is good job and I look forward to continuing reading this marvel of fan fiction no matter how long it will take.

I have loved every twist and turn and look forward to the last set you will undoubtedly bring to us. You have cemented yourself as a favorite that should be read by all as a cornerstone of this art.

You have created a piece of work blending the worlds of Marvel and DC in ways few could even muster. Thank you for putting these words to paper.
HaywireEagle chapter 5 . 4/15/2013
Awesome, I wanted Polaris to have a spot in this series. Yay for me.

Now to wonder if you go with the whole Polaris/Havok relationship thing. Dun Dun Duuuun!
1,065 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »