Reviews for The Last Son, Book Three: Changes
Dracarot chapter 25 . 2/28/2012
And from the reviews I've read this was the point where any ideas of Alison being a Mary Sue were destroyed forever.

All a ruse, all a gambit, all Hydra.

You know I envy Superman, not for his powers, heck I'd prefer invisibility style superpowers (with a few additional bonuses such as not being smelt or heard, etc) but for his moral strength. Despite what these monsters have done he can still avoid aiming for the kill, if I were in the same situation I wouldn't be afraid to say "Screw "No 'Cruel and Unusal Punishment!'" And I even oppose the death penalty normally (though that's only been a recent development and whenever I hear something particularly monstrous I want to say just this one time). Yet Superman doesn't yeild. I have read the entirety of this fic and know Superman's later actions including the war with Kree and Skrull, but I count those as mitigating circumstances (as well as the vampire). Other than that he never yeilds on that point. I'd (quite ironically I won't bother denying it) kill to have his ability to not go for lethal force...
Dracarot chapter 23 . 2/26/2012
It appears Saer-El doesn't understand just how valuable history can be, and I an earthling (albeit one aiming for a History major political science minor), could probably explain why history is so important.

Without History you cannot understand a culture and without understanding there can be no peace, and even in war if you do not understand your enemy you'll only win 50% of the time, its worse if you also don't understand yourself.

If President Bush and his cabinet had more knowledge of history they would understand just how strong the divide between the Shiite and Sunni populations of Iraq were. They would understand the need for getting international go ahead and trying every method short of war first. They would understand that nation building after a war is always a difficult challenge.

History is to valuable a resource to be ignored. So Saer_El can have my middle finger for his ignoring history for science. While science brings intelligence history brings the wisdom of when to use it.
Dracarot chapter 22 . 2/23/2012
Bah! Such self entitled monarchs, one thing that can be said for Doom and Anita is that they are competent and continue to improve that competetence. Admittedly still not as good as a constitutional monarchy or a democracy, but hey, at least theirs competence.

Ah Henry Lassider thinking that just because you have the technology means you can use it. And that it won't make a mess of a planet where there are 190 plus countries with various factions in those countries if just one country gets it, particularly considering that some aren't even democracies.

And so Deadpool finally starts knocking on the fourth wall. May God have mercy on the other three.
JapanRules555 chapter 43 . 2/16/2012
please do a fic for Deadpool?
Asasininja4827 chapter 1 . 2/14/2012
Longest fic I've ever seen. BUT it's still awesome. Hope to see more from you soon.
Pyromania101 chapter 43 . 2/8/2012
I am, in all honesty, astounded by this story's magnificence, though the heroes' "don't kill" policy has always been a pet peeve of mine (read MadHat86's "The Watchman" to see what I mean). I am also completely outraged that this story has not received, at the very minimum, 10,000 reviews, instead having this as the 1000th. Some people just wanna read without having the decency to write a plausible review. The cliffhanger that foretells the coming of Darkseid has got me beyond excited, as the prophecy will now come full circle. I'm glad Siren was able to move on, though Doom's gonna be pissed. Oh well. I proudly present to you this story's 1000th review, and I hope the sequel (and final book) will receive thousands more. Honestly, this is one of the few story's with over a million words, so it should have many many more reviews than this. Shame really. Kudos for an impeccable story, and I eagerly anticipate Book Four! See you then!
Dracarot chapter 19 . 2/4/2012
Alright let's see if I'm better at interpretting scripture then the Skrull Queen.

'Amidst a grand struggle, lose no heart as tragedy strikes; let your hearts never waver as your very home is ripped from you, oh chosen ones. The Great Destroyer may triumph, but the Chosen will live.'"

The chosen could be referring to Supes, the remaining Kryptonians, or even a portion of Earths mutant population, and the grand struggle will be the battles with Darkseid and Apocalypse, which will then top itself off with Galactus who will consume Earth, leaving whoever the "chosen" are as survivors.

'Rejoice, oh Chosen, for home may yet be found, again. The Enemy's defeat is your success, as the Defier shall point the way home.'"

There may be a way to restore earth because with the defeat of the above mentioned villains providing the key. The "defier" may be referring to the Silver Surfer's defying Galactus.

And when we combine that with the little prophecy the Surfer gave in his appearance in this fic about Galactus one day giving more than he taken in, that further supports that Earth after having been ravaged by Apocalypse and Darkseid will be consumed by Galactus but upon it's post Galactus restoration the damage of the battle shall be healed.

Of course that is just a hypothesis and unlike many religious nutjobs of many many faiths over many many centuries (my own faith included) I am willing to admit I could have misinterpreted the prophecy. But prophecies are supposed to be annoyingly vague so thats par for the course.
Dracarot chapter 13 . 1/29/2012
a little thing called the Bill of Rights prohibits that action without probable cause

And that's what annoys me about the anti-mutant and anti-Justice League groups the most, there treating the Constitution and Bill of Rights like toilet paper.

They seem to need a dose of Common Sense whether or not by Thomas Paine or of a more ordinary variety I don't know but they need it desperately.
Tony-El chapter 43 . 1/20/2012
I have finished reading these chapters a while ago and I have been meaning to give my review. If you remember me you will probably know what I will have to say, as usual these chapters are phenomenal! I know I have said it before in my reviews but I truly truly hope that you can get this published with some art in I really feel this could sell big. You write extremely well and very well thought out. Every description you write, as reader I know you that you put thought and care into it. The description on Krypton's technology is so descriptive that as a reader I can imagine exactly what I'm reading. I really enjoy the fact that Superman is a boy scout but he will kill if it's a last resort. I always thought that Superman, Batman, or Wonder Woman or any of the JLA would kill if it was in self-defence or self-preservation especially an Alien War. I know I have mentioned this before but I love the fact that Spider-Man is in the JLA. I also like the fact that Kal was learning Kryptonian fighting techniques in other Superman stories or especially in the comics Superman seems to only know boxing. I can't wait to read the next book and will be truly sad the day it's over. I liked how all the mutants like Magneto joined forces to fight the alien war. Oh , another thing I think I have written this before, but I like how you make Superman use his brain as well as his brawn.

I have a lot more to say but I just can't put it all to words. I mean it when I say I hope DC and Marvel will one day be smart enough to see this story and publish it and bring you along if you want to be writer. I think comic fans would love to see a writer like you. This is what Superman is supposed to be.
Dracarot chapter 7 . 1/1/2012
"I'm afraid Mark's right, John; with that suit of yours, it'll be tough to get the drop on these guys…"

Suddenly, a crackling noise echoed around them, coming from John's armoured feet, as the rooftop, already weakened by John's hammer-strikes, gave way under his suit's weight, sending him falling through the roof…

They were just asking for that.

"Your previous guess was accurate, Jamie; their ultimate goal is to attain global domination through technological means."

"I knew it."

M Bison: Of Course!
Dracarot chapter 5 . 12/14/2011
She hadn't been at it for two weeks, and she was ready to drop. Part of the training regimen that Clark had designed for her was like their Danger Room sessions…but the level of difficulty in these sessions would have been enough to make even Logan cry.

Wait till Clark gives her a Koboyashi Maru situation. (albeit we see that sort of in Chapter 25 though not exactly the way you'd expect one).

Colossus' hands had caught his attack just above Mjolnir's handle…placing his hands upon the metal of the weapon itself.

"And he who weilds this hammer, if he be worthy shall posess the might of Thor."
Dracarot chapter 2 . 12/11/2011
Duncan's scowl grew; he should've known. He'd figured that a little visit to the newly-rebuilt Institute would be enough to show the muties just how 'welcome' they were in Bayville – namely, that they weren't. "That God-damn alien…thinks he can just march onto our planet and start bossing us around, telling us how to live..!" Duncan fumed.

"I've been told that you don't like mutants."

His eyes narrowing in suspicion, Duncan answered, "Yeah? Well, who doesn't?"

Time to Stephen Colbertize these statements.

*plays clips of Superman's speech from book 2*

"Yes how dare that alien try to boss us by being the ultimate good samaritan! How dare he. He has no right to exert absolutely no authority on us!"

*Plays clip from chapter 1 of book three*

"Yeah who likes mutants indeed! Besides the people who do."

After school had let out, Duncan and the rest of the football team had stuck around for a bit of practice; with the start of the football season coming up, Duncan and a few of his pals were looking to get recruited – unlike those freaks, he and his pals were going places.

Out of Colbert mode now, yeah being a football player is going somewhere...

With the attack neutralized, Superman turned to glare at Duncan, who glared back. "You should've stayed off our planet, space-freak!" the youth shouted. Superman didn't bother to answer; he merely fired an invisible eye-ray at the chain, melting one of its links, causing the chain to break, sending Duncan falling onto his rear. As Superman cast the broken chain away, he saw Duncan get back up, and charge at him, swinging wildly; Superman didn't move…as Duncan's fist collided with his face.

"ARGGHH!" Duncan howled, clutching his hand, staggering back. "My hand!"

Doesn't Duncan know your supposed to cry "I am a MAN!" before throwing the punch, admittedly it doesn't work with Linkara on occasion but hey, what can you do?
Dracarot chapter 1 . 12/11/2011
If only we had such an easy time with Iran right now here in the U.S. reports it is going Nuclear and having probably lost one spy drone, (I don't want to be absolute in either side giving the truth as intelligence communities are hard to trust to begin with, as are rogue states). Now that I say that I find myself trying to figure out how the League would react to Syria, and have reacted to Libya...

Man when you think about it, it's hard to be a super hero when surrounded by the red tape and grey vs. grey morality of situations that can arise, as well as slippery slope issues, and *oh my head*...
andrewjeeves chapter 10 . 11/30/2011
Interesting Chapter I love how the way u have interwined the Marvel and the DC Worlds together as one, I have also noticed that the dialogue between Punisher and Batman at Black Mask's hideout about the Joker also has been used in the animated movie Batman: Under the Red Hood.
Dracarot chapter 43 . 10/21/2011
You sir are without a doubt a master, I kneel in your presence oh Writer with No Name. I have read the entirety of your fic in a little under a week and have found myself amazed with how well you intertwined DC and Marvel as if it were so from the beginning. If I had not had such a desire to see it's entirety as swiftly as possible I would have found reason to review on many chapters, gasping in horror, dying of laughter, and giving thunderous applause. In short this universe of your creation is a master piece and if you were actually in the comic book industry, books such as Ultimatum, One More Day, and the like would never see the light of day.

Well done! And I apologize for how overtop this is, but I'm still not sure if it can top the skill in this fic.
1,049 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »