Reviews for The Last Son, Book Three: Changes
Glamorous Gamine chapter 43 . 8/19/2012
Okay. I plowed through this and Part 2 in one sitting, so let me just sum my feelings for the series thus far in one go as well:

WOW!

My goodness, when Hurricane and I take over Marvel and DC, of top priority is allowing you to adapt the Last Son series. Every single character has their time to shine. Of note is Siryn, whom I had sworn to hate when I read her Mary Sue-like description, but developed into one of the more complex characters and quickly found a place in my heart. People actually take the time to confide in their loved ones and build relationships based on mutual respect and clear communication!

(We know the Gordanians exist. Any hopes the Tamaraneans might as well? Sorry, my Dick/Kory fangirl flared for a moment there.)

Each chapter was longer than I'm used to in my fanfiction, but like watching a favorite TV show, I couldn't help but wonder, "Is that all?" as each one ended. I gleefully anticipate Part 4 as we find out what SPOILER ALERT! Darkseid and Apocalypse are up to.
Guest chapter 36 . 7/31/2012
I hate how Obama has made your countries situation worse but I stll love this story I am very conflicted
Guest chapter 43 . 7/24/2012
In Book Four there should be a Death of Superman story arc or you can write a chapter based on Superman vs The Elite
Guest chapter 43 . 7/2/2012
for the past five years this series has helped me recapture my interest in comics so i would like to say thank you for that.
Guest chapter 35 . 6/27/2012
In Book Four will some chapters be based on episodes from Avengers Earth's Mightiest Heroes.
Dracarot chapter 10 . 6/14/2012
"He's a completely different breed from anyone else; Creed, the F.O.H…even Doom." Superman said. "I didn't understand it, the first time I came here…but Joker is true evil; the kind that doesn't exist for wealth, or for power, or for any goal; he's the kind of evil that exists simply because it wants to exist."

Ah the old difference between lawful evil and chaotic evil.

With lawful evil villains they probably don't even think they're evil. Harsh yes, brutal, probab ly, evil no. What they do is for some greater good for all. Some probably do know the evil of there actions but choose to ignore it.

But Chaotic evil is a different ball game all together. Someone who is chaotic evil only looks out for numero uno and looks to hurt as many others as possible.

However a lawful evil villain can do more damage via better management of resources, administration, and just plain patience that a chaotic evil villain might have.

So in the end both are equally dangerous. Though one is more evil.
Matalo chapter 43 . 5/16/2012
It took me a while to get through this entire series, but it has been truly impressive.

You've seamlessly blended in the Marvel and DC universes in a way that makes it seem believable. With items like the Kree and Skrull as Krypton's enemies or Aquaman being Namor's cousin.

I admit, at times, I thought the heroes were a bit overpowered and Mary/Gary Sueish. More allies, better resources, and better tactics. But I was proven wrong in instances such as the 'Dark Arc' with Alison leaving and Superman on the verge of collapse. Or when they were decimated by General Zod, who wasted them at almost every turn before being tricked.

But there was one part where I felt the enemies were a bit shafted. Like Magneto, the X-men's greatest enemy, did not appear as many times as he should have, he almost was like an Anti-hero throughout this whole fic, with the only part fighting him was Polaris, with his trying only to protect Genosha. But he has always been a grey character so I guess that's OK.

Also, I applaud you using Graydon Creed as one of the series main villains, who was a very underrated villain in the comics. It's a modern day version of Cain and Abel with him and his little brother Nightcrawler. I do hope he appears a few more times in Book 4, as I think he is the embodiment of what the X-men are fighting against, human hate and intolerance. But it seems that Madame Hydra (one of the BIGGEST shockers with being Alison's mother), might soon find no use for him and kill him.

I do hope the Book 4 comes out soon with Crusade and Smallville chronicles.

For Book 4, I know that Apocalypse and Darkseid are the top baddies, but for one side arc could there be an Injustice League or a Cabal trying to gain power. Here are some members who I think can really work in the shadows and join this dark group.

Dr Doom.

Selene.

Shinobi Shaw.

Ra's Al Ghul.

The Kingpin.

Vandal Savage.

Azazel. (will he appear?)

Noram.

Mr. Sinister. (who can use the group's resources to locate the third key, whatever that is, never watched the TV series)

Loki.

Norman Osborn (who was INCREDIBLE in Dark Reign and The Siege)

Count Nefaria.

Dormamamu.

Just a suggestion.

I look forward to the sequel with more villains, plots, twists, and the showdown with this 'darkness'.

Excellent work overall.
Dracarot chapter 42 . 3/10/2012
The President's eyes went wide as he grasped what Madelyn was saying. "General Lassider, do not fire! I repeat: do NOT fire!"

At that, Madelyn breathed a sigh of relief. Nick looked grave. "Pryor, I sure hope we're right about this…"

"You're breaking up, sir."

At Lassider's flat remark, his image vanished from the screen. The President went pale. "Lassider! Lassider, get back here..!"

"Mr. President, General Fury: we have launch-silos opening on the missile-base! We have a launch!"

Sure enough, the radar-screen showed the image of a single missile emerging from the base, making a beeline for New York. Nick felt sweat trickle down his forehead. "I want all anti-missile defences online yesterday! Do NOT let that missile get through..!"

Well I think we can say with that the WORST of Cadmus is done, Lassider's ass is grass.

So the battle is won though at great cost, and now to rebuild,

Only to be knocked again in the next crisis.

Ooooh boy.
Dracarot chapter 41 . 3/10/2012
Infuriated beyond reasoning, Quicksilver darted towards Zod, racing around him and kicking up a small whirlwind. "I am SICK of hearing about how "great" you dorks of Crap-Tun were supposed to be! For the past two years, I've been listening to that same stupid broken record; if you jackasses were so great, how come you all blew up, huh?"

Zod simply kept silent, not bothering to move, his expression growing annoyed.

"You actually expect everybody to bow down to you? Just because you can do a couple of the same tricks we can do?" Quicksilver jeered. "If you think that, Zood, then you're even dumber than you think we…"

WHAM!

OK Pietro you were asking for it there.

Man Zod trashed them badly. But still

SUN (EXPLETIVE) TSU!

And as for Zods demands of earth in the last chapter he obviously doesn't understand how some groups are rather hard to communicate with...
Dracarot chapter 40 . 3/10/2012
Cap scowled. "So you're just going to help yourselves to Sentrius, and everything else from Krypton?"

Robert ignored him,

Yes ignore Captain America the tantamount example of America's ideals, see how that'll be played in your reelection chances...

Superman grimaced. "He was: himself," he murmured. "I…I can't believe this; it doesn't make sense…"

"I'd say it makes perfect sense," Quicksilver snapped. "For all your big talk – for all your fancy tech and fancier ideals – you guys are just as bloodthirsty as we are…"

No Pietro that just means theirs rotten eggs in all places.

Looking at the view-screen, Madelyn couldn't argue: the entire missile-base, and everything in a 250-mile radius, had been utterly annihilated, as though some giant hand had simply gouged out a perfect ice-cream scoop from the Earth, with the impact-crater sporting a reflective coat.

Nick's eyes narrowed. "By nuking half of the country?" he snapped. "I'm all for a pre-emptive strike when needed, but even I think that's overkill."

Um I hate to say it but you made a major math error here. Granted there were some earlier in this and your other stories in regards to flight speeds and distances, but those can be passed off as speed of plot but that missile detonation no matter where it'd hit in North Korea would just about wipe out the entire country, the only question remaining is wehther chunks of South Korea or China that would also be hit. So yeah North Korea is no more with that shot.
Dracarot chapter 39 . 3/10/2012
Jonah shrugged. "Somebody had to get the facts."

Hippolyta laughed. "Perhaps there is hope for Man's World, yet!"

Guess some see the valor in it.

"Kneel!" With D'Ken's balance gone, Zod shifted his grip, to put pressure on his foe's wrists.

"Before ZOD!"

Dun dun dun!
Dracarot chapter 38 . 3/10/2012
War correspondents, its easy to forget their valor in favor of the soldiers but as recent events in the real world have proven in Syria, death is not limited to soldiers.

"I'd prefer if you didn't," Logan said…before he spotted a glint of metal out of the corner of his eye.

Pure reflex kicked in, as Logan spun in his seat, turning away from Madelyn and drawing his claws, stabbing towards his assailant, stopping millimetres from his throat…only to find that said assailant – garbed in a red-black mask – had had the same idea, drawing an automatic and pointing it right at his eye.

For a few long seconds, Logan just stared at Deadpool, who'd been sitting in the stool next to him, before speaking. "Do we have a problem?"

The Merc With the Mouth just arched a white eye-lens. "I dunno; do we?"

Logan narrowed his eyes. "I just wanted to get a drink."

"Same here."

Logan didn't move. "So we don't have a problem."

"Guess we don't."

"Good."

"Good."

At first, neither of them moved, until Deadpool started to lower his weapon, just as Logan retracted his claws, but neither one broke gaze. "So," Deadpool said, "I hear you guys are gonna try and stop this whole invasion crap."

Logan nodded. "That's the plan."

Deadpool snorted. "Yeah, and I'm crazy!"

"You got a better idea?"

Deadpool shrugged. "I dunno; guess I'm just waitin' to see what the author does."

Logan blinked. "The what?"

"You know! The author!" Deadpool exclaimed. "The punk kid sittin' at his laptop thinkin' this shit up!" He chuckled. "Gotta say, I never thought he'd come up with somethin' this fucked-up; I mean, practically givin' something like that to this guy Zood…"

Logan arched an eyebrow. "Uh-huh."

Deadpool snorted. "Fine! Don't say I didn't warn ya!" he said, before finishing his drink and leaving a tip. "So long, suckers!"

As Deadpool left, Madelyn could only stare. "He thinks…we're characters…in a story?"

By then, Joanie had arrived with Logan's beer. Taking it, Logan popped the can open, and took a swig. "Sounds like it."

Groaning, Madelyn turned around, putting her hand to her forehead. "Now I need a drink."

Logan grinned. "Smart woman."

You know that brings up the question, is Deadpool the only sane one in an insane world rather than the other way around, maybe he acts the way he does because he knows it's all fictional.

The explosion lit up all of space for light-years around, turning the blackness to white as the matter/antimatter reaction let loose an unfathomable amount of energy, rippling the very fabric of reality in its wake. After a few long seconds, the rumbling died away, as the terrible light faded, leaving blackness behind.

Zod managed to maintain his footing, even as the others were knocked around by the shockwave, Superman included. Once the blast had subsided, the General turned to the bewildered Emperor. "Let us dispense with the artificial bravado and political posturing, "Emperor,"" he sneered. "You will either surrender immediately…"

He then pointed out to space. "…or will I do that to your entire planet."

Sun Tzu Zod, Sun bloody Tzu...

And now the pieces are in place for the battle.
Dracarot chapter 37 . 3/9/2012
Shaking his head, Julian Keller completely ignored the broadcast; it had nothing to do with him. His days of chasing after other people's grand causes were over.

*Facepalm* I doubt planetary survival is "other people's" grand cause, well at least he decided to join the battle anyway...

Ah the power that is Galactus and yet not entirely unstoppable.

And Donnie doesn't seem to understand that the Ostritch method just doesn't work.
Dracarot chapter 36 . 3/9/2012
You seemed to have captured President Obama's rhetoric well, and I think I can understand why you gave him a name as compared to past mentions of just "The President". President Obama is a comic fan and as such his presence isn't so much about which party is better, democrat or republican but more of a tribute to his enjoyment of the Marvel Universe.

And Oh Senator Kelly forgeting the other branches of government I see, tsk tsk.

Still, today's mission was successful; they had their Module, and a deadly potential threat was neutralized. That blast had been comparable to a half-yield Nova Javelin blast. There was no way Brainiac could have survived…

GAH ZOD! Don't you understand the rules of drama? Once you say or think something like that there is no chance whoever "couldn't have survived that" did just that, SURVIVE!

Um I think I've been reading to much Order of the Stick...

At least Mark got his new chance at life and love after having gone through hell more times than anybody should have to.
Dracarot chapter 35 . 3/5/2012
Ah Zod what you could learn from Just War Theory and Sun Tzu's Art of War.

(paraphrased for convenience)

From Just War Theory: Every method short of war must be applied first.

Sun Tzu: He who can conquer without battle is the greatest commander

Both: In a final peace the peace must be a peace that is good for all parties, and provides a better situation then the prior, or as close to that as possible.

How's that for primitives you war monger.
1,073 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »