Reviews for The Last Son, Book Three: Changes
AlastorGodofVengeance chapter 3 . 2/12/2008
Good story and some very interesting plot developments, I've been a fan since the I found the first book, I was a little learly when first saw this crossover but I have been very impressed with it. Just a suggestion for possible guest characters I think it would be very interesting to see Lobo from the DCuniverse come in, he's nearly as strong as a Superman, can breath in space, and rides a skull decorated rocket motorcyle, I can just imagine the F.O.H. trying to take him out and what his reaction would be. Keep up the good work and update soon!

-Ja ne
Finmonster chapter 3 . 2/12/2008
Good chapter! So Syrin is up to something with the Hellfire club huh? Things are definetly getting interesting. I still hope that Supes can change her like he's done to other villians in the past. I thought Supes' conversation with Dust was interesting too and I hope she becomes a X-man as well. Liked the new New Mutants codenames. I'm still wracking my brain over who Ghost is. You said she wasn't an OC, so who is she. I'm leaning towards her being a version of Phantom Girl, but her powers are all wrong. Help me out here! I also liked Gambit getting a little limelight when he tried to pick the lock, but that's just because he's my favorite X-man. Keep up the good work! Later True Believer!
draconous chapter 3 . 2/9/2008
Great update! keep up the good work.. Maybe you could have Anita get too close than initially intended to the xmen and start seeing their ideals and dreams. It wouldn't be the first time something like that has happened. Undercover agents that get too involved in the role start to relate to the people they are trying to get to. I don't care how good of an actor/actress they are in the beginning if they stay in the role it tends to grow on you. In Anita's case she is seeing through the eyes of a hero and maybe helping others and seeing a world change for the better. Sorry I like her character and there are two things I really like to see enemies changing for the better and heroes who fall and come back when all hope is lost. As for Shinobi I don't think his plans for rebellion will work. I see shinobi's father having more loyal men and already anticipate his son's betrayal. Although no one is all knowing maybe he may get lucky but I feel that if you have shinobi take over the circle it will go down hill for the circles secrecy and they start active too impulsively. Out of curiousity does Shinobi know of supermans counter to kryptonite? Also is he even planning to take care of the other 7 heroes? because even if he takes down superman some how he would have to deal with the other 7 who don't have such large weaknesses. Anyways keep up the good work and update soon please
QOShea chapter 3 . 2/9/2008
Another great chapter. I'm looking forward to Allison smack the witch a good one in a few chapters!

And don't worry about the delay. I'd rather have a good chapter that took a while than a lousy one that was just thrown together in a few minutes.
Kamen Rider Chrome chapter 3 . 2/9/2008
OK, Siryn joining. OK, I can see that this is a trap. How will Clark get to college? I mean, he'll have his secret revealed accidentally sooner or later.
BlackIceAngel chapter 3 . 2/8/2008
Yay an update, a very hard thing to read when your eye is twiching.

I love how you've writen the character of Lila/Leap.

OMG, Death to the SuperBitch! Anita is so annoying like Lana on happysugar and crack, good job on makeing me hate her guts with a burning passion.

With some of encounters with Dust I was almost sure that she was going to join the team in the back half of the chapter, but I guess not, are you planning on bringing her over to the side of good?

Oh, what evil and dastarly scheme is the White Queen brewing for our young heros? I suppose I shal have to wait until next time.

Good luck with the writers block, hope you update soon.
Silver Warrior chapter 3 . 2/8/2008
whoa. Siryn is trying to be pretend to change sides? ha! It WOULD be deliciously ironic if they DID end up changing her, but it's about as likely as Wilson Fisk going on the Subway diet. Or Kitty cooking something edible.
LycoX chapter 3 . 2/8/2008
Well this was a pretty good chapter. Man Shaw needs to realize that even if he did kill Kal, it wouldn't get him Alison. And it looks like their suspicions of Siryn were correct. Looks like Emma's gonna have to work on her powers so she won't be vulnerable to J'on. And I get the feeling the next chapter's gonna involve Spider-Man. Which is always cool!
slickboy444 chapter 3 . 2/8/2008
Writer's block or not, you turned in one hell of a chapter my friend! It was definitely worth the wait as they always are. Adding Syrin to the X-men really throws an interesting twist in the plot. Never in a million years would I see Xavier giving her a chance, but she's nothing if not resourceful. Her using her father's connections to corrupt officials was very cunning. I like that you used that because it really kept them in character. I couldn't see anybody giving her a chance otherwise. But sometimes Xavier has to bite the bullet even when everybody else knows it's wrong. He should have listened to everybody about Emma. She may be a former student, but she's got one heck of an attitude. I like your version of her. She's part the cold-hearted White Queen and part the stern teacher seeking to do what Xavier didn't have the guts to do. However, I found her plan to be a little cliched at first. Using sleeping gas? It seemed so underhanded for someone like her. But as always, you showed by the end that there was a reason for it. What better way for Syrin to earn a little trust than by creating a scenario for her to prove herself? It worked quite well. She even fooled me for a while. lol I'm sure trusting her is going to come back to haunt everybody, especially Superman. It sounds like the Hellfire Club really has it out for him. It's also finally adding a little drama to Clark and Alison. I like how they argued over Syrin's initial arrival. I can't say I blame them given the history they've had with this girl. Of course, they made up at the end, but I don't see Syrin letting that stand. I hope her presence adds new layers to their relationship. They're young and growing pain is a part of all relationships I'm afraid. Being celebrities sure doesn't help. Sounds like your next chapter will deal with the innate PR problems the Justice League and the X-men always face. Maybe they should get a publicist or something? lol Anyways, I'm really looking forward to seeing what happens next! You've set up a lot of interesting plot points and I can't wait to see where they go! Keep up the excellent work my friend. This fic rocks! Slickboy out.
EmperessMisery chapter 1 . 2/8/2008
Serve's me right for not checking this site in a while. Boy do I have a lot of catching up to do. Anyway, this was an enjoyable chapter. Good to see that you brought in Paige. :D Anyway, I'm gonna read chapter 2 now.
isoulmani chapter 3 . 2/8/2008
all is forgiven now that the chapter is out. Besides, if you updated faster then i'd never leave my house. Last week i even took a brief look at the sun. It burned my eyes a little but that's nothing a strong pair of shades can't fix. Till next time you bigest fan... #&!*( &.
Lt. Cmdr. Radner chapter 3 . 2/8/2008
Really have nothing to say on this chapter cept that it seems that you set up alot of the story's major plot points here. Whatever Emma, Doom, and Syrin have planned starts here and I have that "whatever it is, I ain't gonna like it" feeling. Anyway Hellion getting beat by the bat was great and very fitting, I also predict that Dust will fallow in Lance and Raven's footsteps and join the X-Men but anything beyond that is just too early to tell. I also still hope you are considering my suggestion from the last review but if not, the story still rocks.

Anyway looking forward to the fight witht the sinister six and can't wait to see who the members are. Keep up the great work and update soon, and don't worry about writers block, it happens to the best of us.

Til Next time true believer
Ranitagoyle chapter 3 . 2/8/2008
Another great chapter! I love the tension that having Siryn in the group is causing, we all know she's up to no good. I'm curious to see how they'll handle the Kingpin and the Sinister Six.

I'm glad to see this new chapter. I promise you, reading one of these chapters is like watching an episode of X-Men Evolution and/or Justice League. How in the world do you do it? ;-) Anyway, great chapter; I look forward to more.
cra0422 chapter 3 . 2/8/2008
Well, Siryn at the Institute came out of left field entirely. Given how Avalanche joined in Book I, I can see why you’d do this. Having her father threaten to use his influence against Xavier is about the only way she'd be let in. You know it’s just a matter of time before she and Doom make their move and I highly doubt that she’s going to turn against Daddy Dearest.

One of Xavier’s greatest strengths is that he always seems to look for the good in people. However, sometimes it’s also his greatest flaw. There are some people that when they offer a hand in friendship, the other hand is holding a knife behind their back waiting to stab you. Emma is living proof of this. Still it’s good to see that J’onn outclasses her in telepathy.

Clark’s greatest strength (and weakness) seems to be his ability to always be willing to give people a chance. But sometimes he needs to remember the story about the Scorpion and the Frog. Anita and Emma are ideal scorpions. Dust, however, seems more like Avalanche and Mystique and thus more willing to listen to what he has to say, mainly because she’s had a hard life as well.

Hellion and Shinobi seem to be cut from the same cloth. Both are power-hungry and let their egos overrule their logic, thus making fools out of themselves. Even if they were to work together to take out Superman, they’d probably end up fighting each other to be the one to finish him off. Seeing Hellion get “owned” by Batman was priceless, though.

Great chapter overall. Looking forward to the next one.
blaker316 chapter 3 . 2/7/2008