Reviews for The Last Son, Book Three: Changes
EmperessMisery chapter 1 . 2/8/2008
Serve's me right for not checking this site in a while. Boy do I have a lot of catching up to do. Anyway, this was an enjoyable chapter. Good to see that you brought in Paige. :D Anyway, I'm gonna read chapter 2 now.
isoulmani chapter 3 . 2/8/2008
all is forgiven now that the chapter is out. Besides, if you updated faster then i'd never leave my house. Last week i even took a brief look at the sun. It burned my eyes a little but that's nothing a strong pair of shades can't fix. Till next time you bigest fan... #&!*( &.
Lt. Cmdr. Radner chapter 3 . 2/8/2008
Really have nothing to say on this chapter cept that it seems that you set up alot of the story's major plot points here. Whatever Emma, Doom, and Syrin have planned starts here and I have that "whatever it is, I ain't gonna like it" feeling. Anyway Hellion getting beat by the bat was great and very fitting, I also predict that Dust will fallow in Lance and Raven's footsteps and join the X-Men but anything beyond that is just too early to tell. I also still hope you are considering my suggestion from the last review but if not, the story still rocks.

Anyway looking forward to the fight witht the sinister six and can't wait to see who the members are. Keep up the great work and update soon, and don't worry about writers block, it happens to the best of us.

Til Next time true believer
Ranitagoyle chapter 3 . 2/8/2008
Another great chapter! I love the tension that having Siryn in the group is causing, we all know she's up to no good. I'm curious to see how they'll handle the Kingpin and the Sinister Six.

I'm glad to see this new chapter. I promise you, reading one of these chapters is like watching an episode of X-Men Evolution and/or Justice League. How in the world do you do it? ;-) Anyway, great chapter; I look forward to more.
cra0422 chapter 3 . 2/8/2008
Well, Siryn at the Institute came out of left field entirely. Given how Avalanche joined in Book I, I can see why you’d do this. Having her father threaten to use his influence against Xavier is about the only way she'd be let in. You know it’s just a matter of time before she and Doom make their move and I highly doubt that she’s going to turn against Daddy Dearest.

One of Xavier’s greatest strengths is that he always seems to look for the good in people. However, sometimes it’s also his greatest flaw. There are some people that when they offer a hand in friendship, the other hand is holding a knife behind their back waiting to stab you. Emma is living proof of this. Still it’s good to see that J’onn outclasses her in telepathy.

Clark’s greatest strength (and weakness) seems to be his ability to always be willing to give people a chance. But sometimes he needs to remember the story about the Scorpion and the Frog. Anita and Emma are ideal scorpions. Dust, however, seems more like Avalanche and Mystique and thus more willing to listen to what he has to say, mainly because she’s had a hard life as well.

Hellion and Shinobi seem to be cut from the same cloth. Both are power-hungry and let their egos overrule their logic, thus making fools out of themselves. Even if they were to work together to take out Superman, they’d probably end up fighting each other to be the one to finish him off. Seeing Hellion get “owned” by Batman was priceless, though.

Great chapter overall. Looking forward to the next one.
blaker316 chapter 3 . 2/7/2008
Awesome chapter
Marcus S. Lazarus chapter 2 . 2/7/2008
Well, good to see that you're maintaining your ever-high standards when it comes to this series; the work you're doing here is EXCELLENT.

If nothing else, the teamwork between the X-Men and the Justice League during the fight against the FOH last chapter was expertly written, clearly demonstrating how the teams have learned to use each other's strengths in a fight and react accordingly. Aquaman giving Rogue a high-five to give her a boost for the fight, Green Lantern throwing the Blob at the soldiers, Gambit charging up a Batarang, Jean and J'onn throwing those berks about like bowling pins...

As I said in my review for 'More Than Meets The Eye', if there's something the heroes can do to put the bad guys down faster, they do it; always good to see someone using these characters to their fullest extent, as far as I'm concerned.

Plus, of course, you tackle the more human aspects of the plot brilliantly; specifically, the reactions to the League's continued existence. Kelly, as always, seems convinced that they're going to be dangerous just because they aren't human, Fury only trusts them as much as he trusts anybody (And I'd hardly say S.H.I.E.L.D. could be thought of as pushovers for allowing five Alphas, two Omegas and a very well-trained human to do the right thing; if they were bad guys, I think it's safe to say S.H.I.E.L.D. would find a way to win), and characters like Duncan Matthews just seem to require a brain transplant.

I mean, Duncan saw Superman stand up to the Juggernaut in that fight on the dam, and he STILL tried to punch the guy?

It's official; in any fanfic continuity I read featuring him, the dude's an idiot.

Still, the addition of the new characters certainly looks promising; any chance that the Institute will have Sue Richards coming down to give Tina a hand with her powers? (I'm assuming that she and Ron are totally original, right?)

Plus, bringing in John Henry Irons- even a teenage version- certainly opens up some possibilities; any chance we'll be seeing a certain armour-clad guy wielding a large hammer fighting alongside the X-Men any time soon?

However, it's the inclusion of Chloe that's really surprised me here; I thought you were avoiding reference to Lois in this continuity (Something about 'Returns' putting you off, right?), and here you are including her cousin?

It's your call, of course, but I just wondered about it.

And talking of things I 'just wondered' about, that scene with the introduction of Carol Danvers in the last chapter...

Any possibility that foreshadows the creation of Ms. Marvel and Rogue's subsequent 'boost' (For different motives than the ones in the comics, naturally; maybe Danvers goes whacko after she's altered by the Kree and the X-Men have to stop her)?

However, with all that said, I think my FAVOURITE part of this story so far was the scene with J'onn and Mystique having their little talk in the kitchen.

In a slightly strange way, I think the two of them would be good for each other, when you get down to it. After all, they may have DRASTICALLY different backgrounds- Mystique's a reformed terrorist and J'onn's, as she put it here, "the Martian equivalent of General Fury"-, but in the end, they share one crucial thing in common; they'll do ANYTHING for their children.

Oh, and they're shape-shifters, but I more consider that factor as guaranteeing their different appearances won't matter to them rather than a reason why they should get together.

Well, in any case, keep up the good work, and I DEFINITELY look forward to seeing what happens when Siryn returns.

For some reason, watching her make a prat of herself while trying to 'seduce' Superman is ALWAYS good for a laugh...
darksnider666 chapter 2 . 2/1/2008
WOW! only two chapters up and i all ready love it :) now since Hydra is involved...are we going to be seeing the appearance of...X-23? Since if i remember correctly it was hydra who created her. hurry and get the next chapter posted!
One Lucky Unicorn chapter 2 . 1/29/2008
Hi!

I enjoy your work (I finished reading the first installment of "Last Son" sometime ago), but I've got to say something that's been on my mind for a while: is Superman going to go up against more powerful enemies? So far, while the stories are very entertaining and well-written, my only complaint would be that Superman has pretty much blown through every villain he's confronted, and it's getting kinda predictable. I'd like to see him deal with someone who actually makes him sweat for a change.
Tribun chapter 2 . 1/28/2008
Well, let's roll the review.

-I guess stupid idiots like these vandals always exist, so it didn't surprise me that this happened.

-No offense, but scenes between Clark and Alison still appear somewhat hollow. It feels like that.

-Very nice scene between Raven an J'onn. Shows that despite outer appearance, they too have their private lifes.

-Man, Duncan could have been a member of the Klan with his worldview of everyone different, and his father sounds like a real (word removed). And Duncan proves again that he hasn't many brains. But him and his father hired by FOH? That can't end well.

-Btw. FOH and Viper coorperating sounds dangerous. FOH up to now had been hateful, but unskilled xenophobes. Now they will be much more dangerous, and I think the scene in New York was only a diversion.

-So STAR-Labs was robbed. Man, since STAR Labs has a lot of dangerous stuff and works close with the government, that will surely involve SHIELD. Guess Fury won't be so happy about that.

That all said, can't wait for the next one!
LycoX chapter 2 . 1/26/2008
I get the feeling that old pain is Siryn. And wow.. the principal being nice.. that was a twist for me. And you've brought in the future Steel!
JRP82190 chapter 2 . 1/26/2008
great chapter can't wait for the next I was wondering why you don't make spider-man part of the justice league update soon
Finmonster chapter 2 . 1/26/2008
Good Chapter! Lots of new characters introduced, like John Henry "Steel" Irons and Chloe Sulivan. Winter Soldier's appearence suprised me. When I realized that the sniper wasn't an ordinary grunt, I thought it might be Deadshot or even Deathstroke, so you caught me off gaurd. Hydra backing the F.O.H is definatly intressting. With two big evil organizations like them working together, you know that there'll be trouble. Forgot to mention this last chapter, but I laughed my ass off at Cyclopes "Slim Shady" codename. Things are getting interesting! Keep up the good work! Later True Believer!
Silver Warrior chapter 2 . 1/25/2008
yowch. The Winter Soldier? That's bad news, bad news ineed. But hey, the folks at the Institute get to go to Bayville High. But what the heck? Chloe? Now that's cool. And whoa, John Henry-Irons? That's unexpected. Him as a teen, that is. I kinda expected, if he was brought in at all, he would have bbeen a teacher. Unless you're gonna have an X-gene activate or something to that effect to give him the powers he's recently gained in the comics. And the Principal as a good guy... or more or a realist, at any rate. That's nice. and aw, Syrin's coming back next chapter? too bad, too bad. Was enjoying the vacation from Miss Uber-Bitch. Wonder how HER treatment will go? *grins* I'm SURE Alison can be JUST petty enough to spill the beans on her.
morring star chapter 2 . 1/25/2008
cool i can guess one story line invovling cap and winter soilder. also that civil war drop was a hit for things to come? also when do we see jhon irons become steel?
1,067 | « Prev Page 1 .. 59 66 67 68 69 70 71 .. Last Next »