Reviews for The Last Son, Book Three: Changes
QOShea chapter 3 . 2/9/2008
Another great chapter. I'm looking forward to Allison smack the witch a good one in a few chapters!

And don't worry about the delay. I'd rather have a good chapter that took a while than a lousy one that was just thrown together in a few minutes.
Kamen Rider Chrome chapter 3 . 2/9/2008
OK, Siryn joining. OK, I can see that this is a trap. How will Clark get to college? I mean, he'll have his secret revealed accidentally sooner or later.
BlackIceAngel chapter 3 . 2/8/2008
Yay an update, a very hard thing to read when your eye is twiching.

I love how you've writen the character of Lila/Leap.

OMG, Death to the SuperBitch! Anita is so annoying like Lana on happysugar and crack, good job on makeing me hate her guts with a burning passion.

With some of encounters with Dust I was almost sure that she was going to join the team in the back half of the chapter, but I guess not, are you planning on bringing her over to the side of good?

Oh, what evil and dastarly scheme is the White Queen brewing for our young heros? I suppose I shal have to wait until next time.

Good luck with the writers block, hope you update soon.
Silver Warrior chapter 3 . 2/8/2008
whoa. Siryn is trying to be pretend to change sides? ha! It WOULD be deliciously ironic if they DID end up changing her, but it's about as likely as Wilson Fisk going on the Subway diet. Or Kitty cooking something edible.
LycoX chapter 3 . 2/8/2008
Well this was a pretty good chapter. Man Shaw needs to realize that even if he did kill Kal, it wouldn't get him Alison. And it looks like their suspicions of Siryn were correct. Looks like Emma's gonna have to work on her powers so she won't be vulnerable to J'on. And I get the feeling the next chapter's gonna involve Spider-Man. Which is always cool!
slickboy444 chapter 3 . 2/8/2008
Writer's block or not, you turned in one hell of a chapter my friend! It was definitely worth the wait as they always are. Adding Syrin to the X-men really throws an interesting twist in the plot. Never in a million years would I see Xavier giving her a chance, but she's nothing if not resourceful. Her using her father's connections to corrupt officials was very cunning. I like that you used that because it really kept them in character. I couldn't see anybody giving her a chance otherwise. But sometimes Xavier has to bite the bullet even when everybody else knows it's wrong. He should have listened to everybody about Emma. She may be a former student, but she's got one heck of an attitude. I like your version of her. She's part the cold-hearted White Queen and part the stern teacher seeking to do what Xavier didn't have the guts to do. However, I found her plan to be a little cliched at first. Using sleeping gas? It seemed so underhanded for someone like her. But as always, you showed by the end that there was a reason for it. What better way for Syrin to earn a little trust than by creating a scenario for her to prove herself? It worked quite well. She even fooled me for a while. lol I'm sure trusting her is going to come back to haunt everybody, especially Superman. It sounds like the Hellfire Club really has it out for him. It's also finally adding a little drama to Clark and Alison. I like how they argued over Syrin's initial arrival. I can't say I blame them given the history they've had with this girl. Of course, they made up at the end, but I don't see Syrin letting that stand. I hope her presence adds new layers to their relationship. They're young and growing pain is a part of all relationships I'm afraid. Being celebrities sure doesn't help. Sounds like your next chapter will deal with the innate PR problems the Justice League and the X-men always face. Maybe they should get a publicist or something? lol Anyways, I'm really looking forward to seeing what happens next! You've set up a lot of interesting plot points and I can't wait to see where they go! Keep up the excellent work my friend. This fic rocks! Slickboy out.
EmperessMisery chapter 1 . 2/8/2008
Serve's me right for not checking this site in a while. Boy do I have a lot of catching up to do. Anyway, this was an enjoyable chapter. Good to see that you brought in Paige. :D Anyway, I'm gonna read chapter 2 now.
isoulmani chapter 3 . 2/8/2008
all is forgiven now that the chapter is out. Besides, if you updated faster then i'd never leave my house. Last week i even took a brief look at the sun. It burned my eyes a little but that's nothing a strong pair of shades can't fix. Till next time you bigest fan... #&!*( &.
Lt. Cmdr. Radner chapter 3 . 2/8/2008
Really have nothing to say on this chapter cept that it seems that you set up alot of the story's major plot points here. Whatever Emma, Doom, and Syrin have planned starts here and I have that "whatever it is, I ain't gonna like it" feeling. Anyway Hellion getting beat by the bat was great and very fitting, I also predict that Dust will fallow in Lance and Raven's footsteps and join the X-Men but anything beyond that is just too early to tell. I also still hope you are considering my suggestion from the last review but if not, the story still rocks.

Anyway looking forward to the fight witht the sinister six and can't wait to see who the members are. Keep up the great work and update soon, and don't worry about writers block, it happens to the best of us.

Til Next time true believer
Ranitagoyle chapter 3 . 2/8/2008
Another great chapter! I love the tension that having Siryn in the group is causing, we all know she's up to no good. I'm curious to see how they'll handle the Kingpin and the Sinister Six.

I'm glad to see this new chapter. I promise you, reading one of these chapters is like watching an episode of X-Men Evolution and/or Justice League. How in the world do you do it? ;-) Anyway, great chapter; I look forward to more.
cra0422 chapter 3 . 2/8/2008
Well, Siryn at the Institute came out of left field entirely. Given how Avalanche joined in Book I, I can see why you’d do this. Having her father threaten to use his influence against Xavier is about the only way she'd be let in. You know it’s just a matter of time before she and Doom make their move and I highly doubt that she’s going to turn against Daddy Dearest.

One of Xavier’s greatest strengths is that he always seems to look for the good in people. However, sometimes it’s also his greatest flaw. There are some people that when they offer a hand in friendship, the other hand is holding a knife behind their back waiting to stab you. Emma is living proof of this. Still it’s good to see that J’onn outclasses her in telepathy.

Clark’s greatest strength (and weakness) seems to be his ability to always be willing to give people a chance. But sometimes he needs to remember the story about the Scorpion and the Frog. Anita and Emma are ideal scorpions. Dust, however, seems more like Avalanche and Mystique and thus more willing to listen to what he has to say, mainly because she’s had a hard life as well.

Hellion and Shinobi seem to be cut from the same cloth. Both are power-hungry and let their egos overrule their logic, thus making fools out of themselves. Even if they were to work together to take out Superman, they’d probably end up fighting each other to be the one to finish him off. Seeing Hellion get “owned” by Batman was priceless, though.

Great chapter overall. Looking forward to the next one.
blaker316 chapter 3 . 2/7/2008
Awesome chapter
Marcus S. Lazarus chapter 2 . 2/7/2008
Well, good to see that you're maintaining your ever-high standards when it comes to this series; the work you're doing here is EXCELLENT.

If nothing else, the teamwork between the X-Men and the Justice League during the fight against the FOH last chapter was expertly written, clearly demonstrating how the teams have learned to use each other's strengths in a fight and react accordingly. Aquaman giving Rogue a high-five to give her a boost for the fight, Green Lantern throwing the Blob at the soldiers, Gambit charging up a Batarang, Jean and J'onn throwing those berks about like bowling pins...

As I said in my review for 'More Than Meets The Eye', if there's something the heroes can do to put the bad guys down faster, they do it; always good to see someone using these characters to their fullest extent, as far as I'm concerned.

Plus, of course, you tackle the more human aspects of the plot brilliantly; specifically, the reactions to the League's continued existence. Kelly, as always, seems convinced that they're going to be dangerous just because they aren't human, Fury only trusts them as much as he trusts anybody (And I'd hardly say S.H.I.E.L.D. could be thought of as pushovers for allowing five Alphas, two Omegas and a very well-trained human to do the right thing; if they were bad guys, I think it's safe to say S.H.I.E.L.D. would find a way to win), and characters like Duncan Matthews just seem to require a brain transplant.

I mean, Duncan saw Superman stand up to the Juggernaut in that fight on the dam, and he STILL tried to punch the guy?

It's official; in any fanfic continuity I read featuring him, the dude's an idiot.

Still, the addition of the new characters certainly looks promising; any chance that the Institute will have Sue Richards coming down to give Tina a hand with her powers? (I'm assuming that she and Ron are totally original, right?)

Plus, bringing in John Henry Irons- even a teenage version- certainly opens up some possibilities; any chance we'll be seeing a certain armour-clad guy wielding a large hammer fighting alongside the X-Men any time soon?

However, it's the inclusion of Chloe that's really surprised me here; I thought you were avoiding reference to Lois in this continuity (Something about 'Returns' putting you off, right?), and here you are including her cousin?

It's your call, of course, but I just wondered about it.

And talking of things I 'just wondered' about, that scene with the introduction of Carol Danvers in the last chapter...

Any possibility that foreshadows the creation of Ms. Marvel and Rogue's subsequent 'boost' (For different motives than the ones in the comics, naturally; maybe Danvers goes whacko after she's altered by the Kree and the X-Men have to stop her)?

However, with all that said, I think my FAVOURITE part of this story so far was the scene with J'onn and Mystique having their little talk in the kitchen.

In a slightly strange way, I think the two of them would be good for each other, when you get down to it. After all, they may have DRASTICALLY different backgrounds- Mystique's a reformed terrorist and J'onn's, as she put it here, "the Martian equivalent of General Fury"-, but in the end, they share one crucial thing in common; they'll do ANYTHING for their children.

Oh, and they're shape-shifters, but I more consider that factor as guaranteeing their different appearances won't matter to them rather than a reason why they should get together.

Well, in any case, keep up the good work, and I DEFINITELY look forward to seeing what happens when Siryn returns.

For some reason, watching her make a prat of herself while trying to 'seduce' Superman is ALWAYS good for a laugh...
darksnider666 chapter 2 . 2/1/2008
WOW! only two chapters up and i all ready love it :) now since Hydra is involved...are we going to be seeing the appearance of...X-23? Since if i remember correctly it was hydra who created her. hurry and get the next chapter posted!
One Lucky Unicorn chapter 2 . 1/29/2008
Hi!

I enjoy your work (I finished reading the first installment of "Last Son" sometime ago), but I've got to say something that's been on my mind for a while: is Superman going to go up against more powerful enemies? So far, while the stories are very entertaining and well-written, my only complaint would be that Superman has pretty much blown through every villain he's confronted, and it's getting kinda predictable. I'd like to see him deal with someone who actually makes him sweat for a change.
1,073 | « Prev Page 1 .. 59 66 67 68 69 70 71 .. Last Next »