Reviews for The Last Son, Book Three: Changes
morring star chapter 2 . 1/25/2008
cool i can guess one story line invovling cap and winter soilder. also that civil war drop was a hit for things to come? also when do we see jhon irons become steel?
Cyberbeta chapter 2 . 1/24/2008
Steel & Winter Soldier, the Last two I expecte to show up. I am taking Steel being a sign that you will have Doomsday appear and kill/seriously maim upes at some point.

You've had Princess Pain-in-the-rear be quiet or a while now. I am curious as to her revenge for season 3.
Lt. Cmdr. Radner chapter 2 . 1/24/2008
Aw man don't tell me she-bitch is back. Can't she stay gone! Anyway great work and I love what you are doing so far and now we have Hydra in the mix making for some interesting storylines not to mention Winter Soldier. As for my thought on getting the Runaways involved in this story, I have digital copies of the first volume of the series if you want it. Just drop me a line and I'll email them to ya.

Anyway, til next time true believer
BlackIceAngel chapter 2 . 1/24/2008
Oh sure, update right after I fire up Sims, Just Kidding.

Yay an update, after a stressful day like today it was very nice, I don't suppose you could time one for like Monday afternoon.

Great job sounds lame but my mind is spent and empty. But I was wondering if you were going to do anything with Black Canary in the chapters to come seems how you started to tie the stories back to Smallville even more. I really hope they don't mess up Siren. I hope you don't take six years to let Chloe find out Clarks secret, one of Smallvilles best moments that was. If you ever bring in Lana, please bash her horribly. *I'm innocent, no i'm evil, innocent, evil* gr, Angel smash.

Oh, and wasn't Winter Soldier voted like one of the top ten heroes of 2007, this must be back in his brainwashed days.

"Whatever you do, don't smile" ha ha, hate it when people do that.

Okay, rambling akwardly

til next time.
blaker316 chapter 2 . 1/24/2008
Awesome chapter so happy that you brought Chole into the story will Lana be making an apperance any time soon
Kamen Rider Chrome chapter 2 . 1/24/2008
OK, i like the addition of Chloe and the non too subtle addition of "Steel". Come on, I could see the name and make a connection. Duncan must be dumb to try and punch Supes. Didn't he give a list of his powers during the news show. It's stupid that you wanna kick ppl out just coz their different. Reminds me of how stupid humans are sometimes. Not all are bad, but not all are good either. Monsters? Hello! Most of the atrocities on Earth were caused by humans, and not really mutants. As soon as they get revealed they go all 'Salem Witch Hunt!'. Glad to see Fred and Todd on good terms with the X-Men.

Graydon CreedJerk! One day, Supes is gonna totally nail him!
acepro Evolution chapter 2 . 1/24/2008
Well done on the update, as always you are doing what I like most about your story, making it entertaining. By the way Raven and Jonn were talking to each other it looks like romance might become an option at some point (which I hope is the case.)

How do you write such large chapters? I mean it was only a week ago when you last updated yet you still gain the time to write so much.

In any case well done on this chapter, I can not wait to read the next which will obviously be great. And remember -

- WICKET UN TUSH ON LEG!
slickboy444 chapter 2 . 1/24/2008
Delay or not, this chapter was definitely worth the wait my friend! You really took the episode from Evo and spruced it up with your unique touch. I noticed it took a much more serious tone with an assassination attempt on Jean rather than just harassment. No way they'd go THAT far in the show, but I'm glad you did and pulled it off nicely. Not only that, you took it a step further and made this conflict merely a diversion. Whoever planned this knew Superman, the League, and the X-men would protect Jean first before anything else. I have a feeling that break in that transpired during the whole affair is going to come back to haunt them. And if the people behind this are as smart as they showed here then the League and the X-men are going to have their hands full. lol Nice touch adding Winter Soldier in the mix. I was hoping you'd bring someone like him in. Either him or Deadshot would have been appropriate. And a mention of Hydra has me really excited! Does this mean we'll be seeing X-23 soon? She's always been a favorite character of mine and I eagerly await your take on her. I also really liked that moment you had with J'onn and Mystique. I was really looking forward to seeing what you would do with them. It think as shape shifters and loners, they could develop a special bond. Who knows? Maybe it could develop into something even more. I really hope you have more scenes with them. I do have a few criticisms though. The moment where Clark and Alison started off nice, but it turned into the usual make-up at the end. I like the idea of Alison being bothered by all this because she is still a singer and has her career to worry about. That's something even Clark can't help with. I'd like to see them have a disagreement where they don't make up immediately at the end. Every couple needs some time to work these kinds of issues out on their own. It makes for deeper characters and I think you could really develop something by having Alison struggle with all the hate getting to her. Unlike everybody else, she can't just hide from it because she's a celebrity. And just as an aside, any chance we'll see some arcs fleshing out Wonder Woman? She hasn't gotten much depth yet and I think the X-men and the League could provide her a good glimpse into mans world. As always, very entertaining and very enjoyable. I really like how you've gotten things going with this fic and I eagerly await the next chapter. You rock my friend! Slickboy out.
cra0422 chapter 2 . 1/24/2008
Glad to see your back. Again you show your talent for writing gripping stories. You did an excellent job with the X-Men's return to Bayville High.

Once again Duncan Matthews makes a fool out of himself, which is always hilarous. Why does every villain think they can punch out Superman when he can withstad being hit by a missle, LOL. Having Duncan join the FOH is no big surprisebut after meeting his dad, you can see the "rotten apple doesn't fall far from the tree."

I was surprised at how you made Edward Kelly seem more tolerant than his brother, Robert. He seems to be more interested in the welfare of ALL the students and the school. I hope you continue to make him seem like a voice of reason.

Good job working in Chloe Sullivan from "Smallville". I take it Chloe is going to be the replacement for Lois in this series. I hope she doesn't cause trouble for Clark and Allison. They've got enought hassles as it is.

I liked how you brought in John-Henry Irons. Maybe soon Iron Man wouldn't be the only armored superhero around.

Keep up the good work. Looking forward to your next chapter.
JRP82190 chapter 1 . 1/19/2008
great start to the new book but i feel like superman isn't as secretive as he should be with who he is plus i find it strange that superman would take all of the x-men with him i feel maybe it should be just the core members he should have taken till he at least gets to now everyone better still great start and i'm looking forward to the next
Kamen Rider Chrome chapter 1 . 1/17/2008
Thanks for using Ron. At first he was just a character I thought up in my head. Never thought of ppl liking him so quickly. Anyway, the fic is off on a good start. The FOH will be trouble and Senator Kelly is a prick. What is his bro, the Principal, called and will he be nice here?

No scenes from the Brotherhood but then again there's only Todd and Fred. I like how u integrated Ron into all this and how he likes his mutation save for the physical look he has. Image inducer, right? Also, I got another mutant whose codename is "Mantis". His power is that a pair of blades extend from his wrists that look like the ones a praying mantis has. But it's ur call if you need anymore OC's, just gimme a ring.

In addition I like Paige being part of this. U got a whole lot more characters to juggle. Will the Teen Titans show up in this Book or the next one and I know Apocalypse will definitely be an issue since he's the newest antagonist.

Also, it still sucks that a lot of ppl hate mutants and are still suspicious of the Justice League. I mean, Batman is 100 percent human (at least I hope he is. Ur new side story may shed more light on this version of him).

I feel for Tina. To be abandoned like that. She must really need some help and support. Thankfully, Superman and Power Girl will be there for her.

So, can u gimme a preview of what the first day of school will be like. I know Duncan won't be pleasant. What about Todd and Fred or will they cut school. Duncan will be slamming on Superman but that's all he can do. It's not like he can fight the Man of Steel. Will there be some ppl in school who support the FOH? I mean, seriously, humans are the SOURCE of mutants. It's sad that ppl forget them. The leader of the FOH has mutants for parents and they DON'T blame him for that! The irony of blaming a child for being a mutant when it's outside of their control is just repulsive to me.

Like how u gave the fic a more realistic feel. Kudos, my friend.

I was thinking that Ron goes through several codenames like "Fishman", "Gills", "Flipper" before finally settling with Leviathan. New Mutants too, right? And his full name is Ronald Archibald Williams.
draconous chapter 1 . 1/17/2008
I've been checking your profile almost every day to see if you posted this fic! I like how you integrated all the characters together and how you portray them. The way I see it when the x-men return to school there will be a new click forming within all the other clicks (clicks preps, goths, emos, jocks, ect) with three sides. One accepts them, one reserves judgment after watching their actions, and another down right hates them and avoids them like the plague. I'm curious on who you plan on being the ultimate opponent which will bring the world into despair. If you stick with the marvel universe then it will most likely be apocalypse since he is a being with almost limitless power. Maybe the victory that no one can see is changing his ways which seems impossible. If you create an original character to become the ultimate opponent I'm thinking it maybe a combination of apocalypse and darkside. Or you could go with something from the movie in Superman Doomsday. But who knows I look forward to your update and see where you plan on taking this final chapter in your Last Son series. I also look forward to your Batman fic coming up too and will keep an eye out for that on also.
Tribun chapter 1 . 1/17/2008
Well, things surely begin hot.

-The FOH show their ugly face in a way that will only gather them support from the fraction that's most prone to their world views (meaning far right and religious fanatics). I feel they will become much more dangerous.

-Kelly behaves like the ass we know he is (thank all gods he isn't principal anymore), and showing off what an idiot he is in front of the Congress isn't helpful for his image in the public.

-Nice touch that you show that states like Iran aren't simply "The Axis of Evil".

-The watchtower, did you model it after the one from JL seasons 1 and 2? I think the smaller one is more fitting for the small League than that huge mostrosity of later seasons.

-Your new OC's sound really cool, especially "the Fish". Hey, maybe "Fish" will be his codename, or the name of a sort of fish.

-Seeing Raven living in the institute, I would think that she has enough of hiding. But since she knows that a woman with blue skin will cause too much attention, maybe she will accept a compromise that in public her skin and eye color will be that of a normal caucasion woman? That way she wouldn't feel as if she hides away, yet wouldn't stir attention in public.

-You mention that school will start again. I could imagine a teacher-parent meeting before it, where the new situation is brought to topic. I can see some (regardless if teacher or parent) talking about "the huge risk". I would laugh my ass of if Raven actually is under the parents (of course NOT with blue skin) and decides to make some things clear (That would be a scene...).

-Too bad that Shay wasn't there to see Warren...

Well, that's all for now.

-Tribun
Buddhahobo chapter 1 . 1/17/2008
FINALLY! _ I've been reading this one chapter since Sunday, but I've finally finished it! And it was amazing 0.0 You seem to write alot more detailed now...
Vaneria Potter chapter 1 . 1/16/2008
Yay!

I can't wait to see how this goes.
1,068 | « Prev Page 1 .. 60 67 68 69 70 71 .. Last Next »