Reviews for Bridging Two Solitudes
ziggy.uk chapter 9 . 2/7/2013
Had just worked out that the spirit on the bridge must be Mary's mum as she tried to stop the man from taking Mary and that was confirmed by her pic in the locket. Sam is definitely not short of determination in trying to help Mary as he is running on more than empty now but still wants to give her peace. Poignant moment him finding Mary's bones and her spirit self seeing them.
Just knew nothing would keep Dean from leaving the hospital and finding Sam, and if the Doc had not agreed to him coming with them he would have gone under his own steam and that would have been worse. Interested to see Dean in a helicopter whilst conscious though!
ziggy.uk chapter 8 . 2/7/2013
Yay, Dean is finally conscious for more than a couple of minutes but in typical Winchester fashion he is asking about his brother! And now it looks like Dean has dredged up something important after Doc told him what he said when he briefly came to in the ICU. And Sam, in a pretty dire situation himself, is concerned with helping Mary to move on and get peace. But if Sam doesn't get some liquid soon, dehydration is going to be added to his list of woes.
ziggy.uk chapter 7 . 2/6/2013
Interesting chapter. It seems that Dean is more than a figment of Sam's imagination as the Doc said his brain activity is that of a conscious person so does Dean know Sam is in trouble and is reaching out to him telepathically or is it some out-of-body experience? And if Mary didn't kill her attacker why is he playing cat-and-mouse with her in the forest, could the second guy have killed him?
Loving the originality of this story and all the drama and twists and turns.
ziggy.uk chapter 6 . 2/6/2013
Yay, Dean is stabalised, and Bobby and Doc are out looking for Sam! Loved Sam imagining Dean again and having a conversation with him, and the imaginary Dean being the logical side of Sam's brain. Poor Sammy though as spirit number 3 is bound to make a return appearance!
ziggy.uk chapter 5 . 2/6/2013
Wow, you like your evil cliffys ... ending this chapter with Dean drowning! At least some luck is on their side, well at least Dean's with Doc able to identify him which helped keep the cops somewhat at bay though they had to ask questions as he was rescued. Thank goodness Doc rang Bobby when she couldn't get hold of Sam and he arrived with a good enough cover story. But, oh dear, poor Sam, being flung into a tree which has probably given him another concussion of top of what he has already got! Interesting the two spirits and their back story, have to feel sorry for Mary, she was obviously murdered by this man and even in death, can't escape him or the forest.
ziggy.uk chapter 4 . 2/5/2013
OMG it's hard to know which brother is worse off, the paramedics have had to use the defibrillator on Dean twice but at least he is rescued and is getting medical help. Meanwhile Sam is still concussed, with one working eye and that's giving him fuzzy vision, plus he can barely walk because of his knee and he's stuck in the forest for the night, with only a tube of mints and no water! And the spirit has appeared again! Could so imagine Sam having a conversation with Dean in his head, filling him in on what has happened and reasoning things out.
ziggy.uk chapter 3 . 2/5/2013
Wow, you are putting both boys through the mill! Jason comes to Dean's aid, gets him breathing and Penny starts to pull them out but Dean slips out of the jacket Jason is holding and is pulled down the river by the current! And poor Sam, now with a sprained knee and another injury to his head from the spirit to add to his catalogue of woes! At this rate it will take a miracle to reunite the Winchesters!
ziggy.uk chapter 2 . 2/5/2013
Things aren't looking good for either brother, though maybe slightly better for Dean if the rescuers get to hum before he drowns! Meanwhile, Sam is concussed, cold and slightly disorientated and pretty much lost trying to search for Dean and to top it off he has failed to notice the presence of a spirit!
ziggy.uk chapter 1 . 2/4/2013
Yeah, that constitutes an evil cliffy, good job I can go straight on to the next chapter! Great start, with a p*ssed off spirit tossing Dean off the bridge and Sam into a stone pillar! Good job Jason and Penny were hiking and saw Dean or he would have died for sure, but it's not looking good for him at this moment in time!
myra4 chapter 12 . 1/24/2013
I realize this story is from a few years ago but I'm guessing you still get these.

Loving it and of course not having to wait for chapters is cool.

When I read the question about who would like to see a lolly on morphine Dean in an episode - I actually raised my hand, as if you could see me. :-)
NyteKit chapter 16 . 1/20/2013
Wow. This was amazing. I feel like this is the first story I've read that had this much angst and pain for Sam and Dean while still seeming realistic to them and their characters. It didn't seem like you had them forcing themselves into a hunt or purposefully putting themselves in danger, but more like actions they would actually take given the circumstances. I really enjoyed every nuance about this story.
Alicia Greses chapter 16 . 11/24/2012
Just finished the story and it was amazing. I've read a lot of SPN fan fiction, but this one by far has been the very best ever. You really captured the true characters of Sam and Dean. It felt like I was actually reading an episode of SPN. This should be made into an episode. Again, amazing work.
Alicia greses chapter 12 . 11/24/2012
Loved it!
T.L. Arens chapter 1 . 9/9/2012
Your award is well-deserved! WOW! I clearly envisioned the environment, the bridge, the freezing water. I sympathized with Sammy and man, you messed Dean up GOOD! LOL! I'm soo glad this story was recommended! :D
Lindelas chapter 16 . 8/9/2012
This was fantastic! Its the first really good SPN story I've found since I became acquainted with the show recently. I actually loved all of your original characters, including Mary. But I especially loved Doc. she was perfect. Being able to develop a character within the space of a 16 chapter story the way you did with her is no small thing! Excellently done! The scene at the end where She and Sam talk (and hug!) and she tells him about Dean and Lily was adorable! I love that side of Dean. :)

Thanks for a great story!
641 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »