Reviews for And Then You Go
obsidian flight chapter 1 . 9/15/2008
Oh my god, that sent shivers down my spine!

That was pure amazing. Srsly.

I'm a bit torn - it's a wonderful one shot, perfect in it's stand-alone-gloriness... and yet I'm craving for more. Ahh! I give up!

Anyways, thank you so much for that. As odd as this will sound, things like this have a habit of making me feel a bit more cheerful.

...?
geminigrl11 chapter 1 . 1/23/2008
Oh, Liz. :( This is utterly heartbreaking. And even moreso, seen from Dean's POV at the end, helpless and KNOWING but refusing to acknowledge Sam's pain because of its potential impact on the family dynamic. I have missed your writing so much, and this is the perfect illustration as to why: it is beautiful and pround and deceptively simple. My heart bleeds for Sam here. *mourns*
Deanish chapter 1 . 1/22/2008
I'm so glad you're back! I really enjoy all your stories, and I hope the next one won't be so long in coming.

Lovely job. Heartbreaking.
carocali chapter 1 . 1/14/2008
What a creepy, poetic little story! I really loved your descriptions - for example:

"They had one gas-powered space heater, and John had unthinkingly given it to the boys to run in their shared room during the night. They had quickly gotten used to the loud hum of the little motor, until it was only white noise that lulled them to sleep and almost drowned out their father's snores from the outer room. It helped to take the edge off the bitter cold, even though they had to crack the window and leave the door open in order to clear the bedroom of fumes."

I see exactly what you've described and my heart bleeds for these innocents who live a life like this. No child should have to wear tattered clothing and pray for heat. But the Winchesters had to make due, and you bring that point home so clearly.

I'm left feeling like I need a little more. What happened with Sam and the ghost? Why did Dean pick up on part of it and why was John so adamant to get Dean out of there? Maybe I'll just have to ponder those questions...

Nicely done!

:D

Caroline
thevigilante15 chapter 1 . 1/14/2008
very well written!
sammygirl1963 chapter 1 . 1/14/2008
AWESOME ONESHOT AS TO WHAT COULD HAVE HAPPENED TO MAKE SAM DISLIKE THE HUNT SO MUCH-WHAT COULD HAVE STARTED HIM ON HIS QUEST TO LEAVE THE LIFE!
Linnie McCary chapter 1 . 1/14/2008
There is a lovely spareness to your writing in this piece-examples include "The subsequent silence was accusatory on many levels" and "Sam suddenly seemed years older, and it made Dean's skin crawl." Other things I really enjoyed included the temporarily unknown reason why Dean was boiling water, and the fabulous push-pull effect of his family's voices on him. Well done!
Ghostwriter chapter 1 . 1/14/2008
Ah, she abused him. You gonna do a sequel? Great job. Catch ya on the flip side.
StoryTagger chapter 1 . 1/13/2008
DEFY THE FATHER! Honestly! And why the heck did John make Dean go back to the car and leave Sam with him? Sheesh!