Reviews for As I Lay Dying
Guest chapter 4 . 8/30/2012
I cried...a lot
chaos Leader chapter 5 . 4/12/2012
Holy crap! I read this thing? And reviewed it? All the way back then? When I was such an arrogant little know-it-all too! God damn...

It's been so very, very long. Things have changed here, or more like "revolved". Most of the "old guard" of the archives have moved on and away, so much so that people are even starting to call "Me" an old timer.

I really hope we see more of you here. It'd be great to have some old hands around the archives who know a thing or two, and can offer up what they got.
LilGstryker chapter 5 . 4/12/2012
Oh good, seems I'm not alone in wanting to reawaken the author in me. :) I think you've reviewed a story of mine in the past. I've come to terms with how awful it is to leave an audience in the midst of an unfinished fic, lol. Hopefully, we both accomplish whatever set goals we might have for the future of our fics. If you release a new story, or decide to overhaul like you said, i'll be sure to keep up. It's always good to have support :D
Arkadia Citadel chapter 5 . 4/12/2012
Ooh. Me likey this story very much. I do admit... I almost cried. ALMOST is the key word. Oh god... I'm a guy, for crying out loud...

...

DAMMIT!
Chimerical Knave chapter 5 . 4/12/2012
Where the fuck have you been all this time?

Three goddamned years. Three.

Though I can't really complain. I haven't been exactly "active" in the past few months to a year in terms of story posting.

School has drained me of any creative juices.

I suppose you coming back is better than the stories that I've read in the past.

How have you been, my old friend?
Tempest of Reach chapter 4 . 7/1/2010
I hope that you do come back, and write something as good as this was!
Exsanguination13 chapter 4 . 7/1/2010
I could have sworn I'd reviewed this before, but I looked over them and couldn't find it. I'd read this before, a least a year ago, This is... truly an amazing story. It takes a lot for me to cry, yet here I am, tearing up after finishing this again, and I've read it before, I know what happens, but it's still got me. I absolutely love this, it's among my favorite stories of all time, fanficiton or otherwise. I hope your inspiration returns to you, and you keep writing, here or anywhere, if just for yourself. Writing is a sport that cannot be judged by points, or goals, or awards. The only way to truly win is never give up and pour your soul into everything you do.

In case this is the last we hear of you, I would like to sincerely wish a fond farewell and good luck to you in your future ventures.
Jaslazul chapter 3 . 1/19/2010
Couldn't resist reading a Faulkner title. And then...

“H-Hello? Command? This is Rasputin Faulkner of Mothership 117

Heh, that made me laugh. So you did know what you were doing there. :p

(Also, this fic's situation seems kinda similar to Basil's "Finding Time." Ahh, fond memories.)

Anyway...

The least powerful chapter of the fic is definitely the first (lololol, counted four instances of "frantically" in the first scene), and the most powerful is definitely the second, with the third floating somewhere in between. There weren't too many problems overall, though I did spy a few dialogue punctuation issues and two typos that I can remember. Nothing too serious, though.

I'm a bit hesitant to be too anal here, but if you're interested in hearing what else I have to say, just send me a PM.
hawktakesflight chapter 3 . 7/18/2009
Hello.

Great story. It was rather "horrible" to read, what with one catastrophe coming after another, but you pulled it off really, really well.

Good job, great ending.

hawk
Hakkyou000 chapter 4 . 6/15/2009
Where do you come off calling people furries? You nasty little hypocrite, dreaming of snuff including furries. Nasty. You probably spank clowns, too. And dress up as a dinosaur and attend children's birthday parties. You gross clown sodomizing dinosaur wannabe. But, I digress (And I would like to point out that the above was a joke). I actually found the whole death by guilt thing awesome. I love it when a story has a realistic ending, not those happy go lucky destroyed a giant octopus endings. So... I'm basically here to desu the shit out of you.

desu

There. You've probably defecated everywhere now. Keep writing more inspirational stories!

Sarcastically yours, _

(The more harsh parts are jokes. It's just hard to emote over the internet.)
Sgt. Holt chapter 3 . 6/15/2009
Wow, just, Wow.

Bravo my good man. I have to say that this short story reminded my of John Steinbeck's book, Of Mice and Men.

The way the ending had the childish character saying we should go to their own special heaven, while the other character is saying that they're going to get there soon.

It was heartbreaking, but fulfilling in a way. If there was a way to get this printed, you should get it printed. You don't even have to know that much about Star Fox to get the whole concept.

I nearly cried, and I have never felt like crying after any other fan fiction ever.

Just, Bravo.

P.S. I hope what I said about the whole childish character thing made sense, I hope it did.
Matthew R. Geddes chapter 1 . 6/14/2009
You watch Battlestar Galactica. I can tell.
Obsidian Productions chapter 1 . 6/14/2009
Excellent work. Nice two Halo references. Also a nice Cold reference, if I'm correct. It's interesting because just when I decided to read this, I started listening to the Lil Wayne song "If Feel Like Dying".

Extremely depressing and that's about how I'd feel in that situation.
chaos Leader chapter 4 . 6/12/2009
Not bad.

Not bad at all.

A little short story on dealing with death, failure, and all that other brain-scrambling whatnot that comes with large scale screw-ups like this.

There were several places where it was fast and frantic, as it was supposed to be I'm sure. Some places confused and threw me off a little; my guess is that was intentional, but a few details do escape me.

The pre-suicide hallucination was an excellent way to end this little story.

The technical/grammatical aspects of this work are flawless (or near flawless), and the primary point of the death and dying bit was executed fairly well.

My one and only quip about this story, is the ease with which the characters die.

Within the chaos of everything, there is hardly even a struggle for life from some. It felt as if most of the characters had given up long before they should've. The story would be that much more tragic and that much more moving if, despite a valiant effort on the part of the crew, there was still nothing they could have done. As it is, it seems like they gave up on life without much of a fight.

A few excellent films with a similar feel:

Crimson Tide

Pearl Harbor

Dead Space

Film Buff, can't help it.

After seeing the raving reviews, I simply had to read for myself what all the fuss was about...

I'm glad I wasn't disappointed.

Best of luck,

chaos_Leader.
KrzyKrnK Krys chapter 3 . 6/12/2009
I just HAD to read this amazing yet sad story again for old times sake...

It brings tears to my eyes...it really does...Now that I've reread it I think its twice as good than last time...cept for a slight problem.

Its good...theres no doubt there...but I found a mistake. Care to know?

Here it is:

Alex shook his head, not believing what he was hearing. “Now what a minute pal, how do you know me? Who are you? WHAT are you? What are you doing here? Where are my friends?”

Don't you mean to say "Now WAIT a minute" instead of "Now WHAT a minute"?

Or was that intentional? I really can't tell.

I love this story...so so so much.

I just can't believe that it has already ended. It was such a wonderful story.

Well ahem...time to get down to business with you. Actually I'll send it via P.M. for privacy I guess...

Best Wishes,