Reviews for THE NINE
Guest chapter 33 . 9/23/2013
Bad I just finished The Nine, I can't put into words how good this story is. You are truly a gifted writer. I thank you for sharing your story's with us.
deanandjo4ever1 chapter 33 . 7/27/2013
Loved it really love this series I'm reading as fast as i can to get prodigal son.
TheRoseandtheDagger chapter 33 . 6/13/2011
An amazing series, truly loved it and caught my imagination and heart, loved how each story was told and the trials, heartache and laughter that followed. x x xx
JustLikeToRead chapter 33 . 5/7/2011
Oh dear, I rushed through this one much faster than I had intended, and now all that's left it the very last one, which you haven't finished yet! :( And I'm concerned that it hasn't been updated since January. Please tell me you are still working on it and will have more soon? I really love this series. :)
Mikhyel chapter 14 . 5/4/2011
I'm loving this story, and I think that the interaction between Jayne and Liam is too sweet for words. It's good to see Jayne step up, and be able to handle it.
ljm chapter 33 . 2/12/2011
Love reading about the life and times of River and Jane. All the previous Shade stories were exelant, and have read them many times allready. Quite the adventure.
carick of hunter moon chapter 33 . 11/15/2010
You have GREAT potential as a writer, you really do.

Because in writing this story your voice as a story tell come across.

This story is a very well thought out sequel, to your early stories, it has a good plot line / story arc, which is well written and develops nicely from chapter to chapter, the dialog of the characters is believable, and true the way they are portrayed, but it is, what you add to the story, your creative, which is what make this such a good sequel, well done, keep up the good work.
basaltone chapter 33 . 9/10/2010
I really have enjoyed your Shade series. It is nice to think of the Firefly crew settled, well as much as they will ever settle down, and happy. I like the new characters you have introduced and was sad to see Kathy go. Thanks for making Chelsa act like a normal teenager. I hope that our intrepid crew will be taking on another foe sometime in the future. Happy writing.
jaadkins chapter 33 . 7/1/2010
I absolutely love the Shade stories. I'm actually upset that I've run out of them to read. I really hope there will be some new Shade stories coming out soon. I luckily stumbled on your stories after reading only one other, and now I think you've ruined the rest for me. I can't imagine reading anything else and not having it follow the history that you've built. I love the new characters that you've created as well as the way you've managed to keep everyone from the show so in character. Please, please write some more in this series.

Love the stories, characters and writing. The only suggestion I have would be more along the style lines. Sometimes, it gets confusing when you go from one scene to another...such as Jayne and River in discussion, then it switches to Goldie and Zoe. Maybe use a quadruple space to separate the jumps, or one of the * * * like you see in some paperbacks. Other than that, keep up the good work.
J chapter 33 . 4/25/2010
i love these stories so much, i've re-read the whole lot like five times. I fact i've even printed them out. please, please, please can you write another one or two. Please.

And i would like to know how jayne got the nickname shade.

p.s- i normally hate zoe with anyone but wash, but i've fallen in love with Goldie, he's fantastic!
schmanski chapter 33 . 10/9/2009
this must be the third or fourth time ive read your shade series and it is still great. I just read your profile and i gotta say losing that much to a hard drive crash has inspired me to start backing up all the stuff i dont wanna lose so thanks for that and i hope that you have success with the recovery cause i really look forward to any update i get from you. when you do get published let me know cause i have loved everything that you have written so far. i think ill go reread your other stuff as well to hold me over until then. and congrats on getting married.
midnightjen chapter 33 . 6/19/2009
i've really enjoyed reading the shade verse series and i can't wait to see what you come up with next. i'm also majorly impressed by your OCs, never have i so gotten attached to one than i have dear Liam. lol. love it.
Cheryl- chapter 33 . 6/12/2009

I don't think I've reviewed yet, but I've been devouring the entire Shade series over the past 2-3 days. Your ability to write in "verse-speak" is the point that I find MYSELF talking in it once I've spent a couple of hours reading your fiction!

One of the things I love best about the way you write is that you don't neglect the little scenes that really work to make these people and their daily lives REAL to the reader. Even when a scene is only a few sentences long, and doesn't have anything hugely important to add in terms of action, you still include the scene as a way to check in with all of the characters. I remember one scene where it was just Inara sitting in the pilot's seat on the bridge of one of the ships, and she just had a few lines of thinking about the current situation, and then the scene ended. From a plot-development standpoint, there was no reason to include such a scene...but it speaks of great attention to detail on the part of the author, since it would be far easier to just ignore the crews shipping out on Serenity and Companion until they arrive back on Argo (unless something interesting happens). But real life is made up of a LOT of mundane, nothing-much-going-on moments in between all the dire or interesting ones. I admire that you put that much attention into the lives of each and every character. :)

I could make a comment about the fact that there really does seem to be some kind of aphrodisiac in Argo's water supply...but I won't, for two reasons. ;) Firstly, I'm an inveterate romantic, and I can't count how many times really sweet or adorable things in your stories have left me grinning from ear to ear (a bit dangerous when reading at work!). And secondly, you went against the grain...just once...but that break from the string of "happily ever afterness" was enough to buy you a reprieve from my inner critic. I'm referring, of course, to the romance-that-wasn't between Kathy Baker and Gerry Frye. I hate to say it, but when it was revealed that Kathy died in the explosion...I cried. For real. At work. Luckily no one was around at the time.

Anyway, I know I'm posting this for THE NINE, but feel free to take it as an extended positive review for the entire Shade series thus far. :) I apologize for being too lazy (and too caught up in the tale you're weaving!) to take breaks between stories to leave reviews...but every time I'd finish one story I couldn't wait to move on to the next!

I really hope you return to this series soon, as I'm adoring every word. But in the meantime, now that I've done my reviewing...I'm off to check out your OTHER stories. ;D

Keep flyin'!
girlonthehill chapter 33 . 4/20/2009
Another epic tale. Love the character development, and your introduction of new characters. The dialogue continues to stay true to the Firefly 'verse and your plots are always thick and twisty. Great stuff, all in all.

One thing, it's sometimes fun when not all the characters are nicely paired off. If the male/female ratio is uneven, the story looks less like an "... and they all got married and lived happily ever after" type of deal (not that there's anything wrong with that, I just think it's a bit overused and unrealistic sometimes).
bladefax chapter 33 . 4/8/2009
Just Finished the Nine...absolutely fantastic...all the Shade series more?