Reviews for Into The Dark
Lokison99 chapter 1 . 5/19
God, i love this. I almost cry
AJL chapter 1 . 6/29/2014
Crap, I really cried. I can't stop my tears from falling. Great. Magnificent.
CloudyDream chapter 1 . 2/28/2013
Amazing. And heartbreaking, but awesome all the same. Well done.
Vanafindiel chapter 1 . 11/15/2008
How sad. Well done
anabandoneddream chapter 1 . 2/10/2008
That was heartbreaking. I loved it.
framework4 chapter 1 . 1/20/2008
Cute story but I can't see putting Martha, and Jason at risk by telling everyone that Clark was Superman.
Trekkie6 chapter 1 . 1/18/2008
Oh this was excellent. Teared me up plenty good. You captured the mood of the piece perfectly and I love Lois' article. It gave him the recognition he deserved as a human being.
Chuthulupenguin chapter 1 . 1/17/2008
From the summary, I got the impression it would be a Romeo and Juliet type of ending, where she thought Supes had died but...um, well, you know the rest.

*rubs hands evilly* That gives me a wonderful, terrible idea...

Anyway, this was great, kudos for tackling the idea of a dead Man of Steel, most fanfics play around with weakening him severely, taking away his powers, taking him right to that brink, but you stepped across it and saw the value of the possibilities that his mortality opened. And it worked well.
HoVis chapter 1 . 1/17/2008
This one certainly brought a tear to my eye. The way you set the story out was perfect, completely well-written, all in character... I particularly liked the meeting between Lois and Martha. The quote at the beginning was very apt.

Thanks for sharing, and well done!

Dawn
Sreya chapter 1 . 1/16/2008
I remember after my first viewing of Superman Returns thinking that the ending would have actually had more punch to it if Superman died. So I was pretty excited when I saw this, and I think you've done the idea justice. Lois was great, and so was Martha, though my heart breaks for her.

Probably the only way it could have been any better at the end is if Jason had decided to follow in his footsteps. Would have been nice and circular, as well as a way for Superman to live on even after his death.
Wahoogal06 chapter 1 . 1/15/2008
I'm ever the optimist, and I kept wishing and hoping you'd bring him back to life somehow...but in the end I'm glad that you didn't. As painful as it was for me to read it was a fitting end for the Man of Steel. Lois curling up into the hospital bed beside the dead figure of Superman was especially haunting. I also liked how you flashed forward to Jason at age 17 and his rationalization for not visiting Clark's grave in Smallville...I also wonder how he would have adapted to his powers as the years went on without his father's help.

This story was so sad and so tender...it was very elegantly crafted and I thank you for sharing it. Perhaps you will contribute other one shots in the future for our reading pleasure.
lilacsinthewinter chapter 1 . 1/14/2008
*big sigh* Wow. Just wow. That was one damn powerful(scuse my slight french) fic. It reminds me of the Death of Superman arc in the comics, but also reminds me of how some people were calling Superman Returns too sensitive, that Superman himself was too sensitive, way too caring. This story, though it's told basically through Lois' point of view makes the reader realize just how much Clark cares about her, Jason, everyone and the world and how it affects everyone. Oh and I'm a sucker for absolute romance, all the true love stuff (I for one, believe in it. so there, add one tally to the list) Wonderful job for your first fic, and I hope to see more fics in the future :)