Reviews for Callings
Lady of the Shire chapter 3 . 8/28/2016
What I loved most about this dialogue was the exploration of this very vulnerable but complex relationship between Piper and Cyclonis that was originally established during her brief encounter as Lark. Superficially, its a generic protagonist/antagonist foil interaction. But in reality its two individuals who under very slight adjustments in their circumstances may have developed a closer bond than they ever would have with even those they hold most dear to them.
AutumnMobile12 chapter 3 . 2/15/2013
One of the most beautifully written fics I've ever read.
ighttior chapter 3 . 12/22/2009
this is such a beautiful story. i'm so sad it's over. it was a pleasure to read.
ighttior chapter 2 . 12/22/2009
amazing, and fascinating. i completely understood Piper's reasoning, and I thought the writing was great.
ighttior chapter 1 . 12/22/2009
this is absolutely amazing! it's quite well-written, and I can't wait to read more!
Flali-Chan chapter 3 . 3/10/2009
This is interesting. Kinda twisted but interesting.
Ellina Kayde chapter 3 . 2/27/2009
Wow... I've never read anything even remotely like this before. I love it! I'm not particularly a fan of femslash, but this is definitely remarkable to me. I don't want to sound emo or anything, but I also liked the fact that it didn't have a completely happy ending with Piper finding a cure and everything because that's how life really is. Awesome work.
inactive-22220 chapter 3 . 1/19/2009
o_o

You've just made my heart stop.

This is... just... I dunno. It's everything an avid reader could want from a work of fiction. The characterization, the drama, the hurt... good lord. _

Out of sheer, dumbstruck awe, I'm afraid I'm going to have to leave it at that and lie down for a moment...
justclaire44 chapter 3 . 9/19/2008
oh man thats sad and deep but i really liked it it was different then you what you usually read about which is a good thing and i like your idea and i know you think that this story wasnt very good but i think it was great :)
justclaire44 chapter 2 . 9/19/2008
wow . . . its not weird its just different but the way you wrote it it makes sens it was very sad though i m still lovin it
justclaire44 chapter 1 . 9/19/2008
wow this is really interesting im lovin it so far and i love the concept too i need to read more :3
Hermonthis chapter 3 . 3/17/2008
Well, besides the notion that Piper has gone absolutely crazy, I'm in awe of the story and how you portray the girls - it's heartbreaking. I feel rather incapable to writing more, because this is the kind of story that just screws with your mind and then some. (I love how this is connected to EGG, brilliant)

And damn, I have never wanted P/A to happen so badly. ;)
Xekstrin chapter 3 . 1/28/2008
I dread to think what kind of obsession might enthrall me should you start writing an epic-length peice like the Limit.

When I saw in the school library that you had update, my friend had to literally push me down into the chair to keep from leaping with joy or convulsing like a maniac when the page wouldn't load!

So I finally finish it now. You borrowed from my idea, and leave everything... open.

Of course I love you keeping on with the world created in "egg". I love Cyclonis, her bitter and angry and damn awesome personality. You're growing as a writer right before my eyes, evolving to the next level of utter bad-assery! Next, it'll be a five-chapter story. Then, it'll be ten chapters. Next, THE WORLD! I mean, uh... you know. Longer-than-ten.

*cough* yea that's what I meant.

Waiting for the next story!

TTNR, The Dragonwings
Green Peridot chapter 3 . 1/28/2008
Amazing. Disturbing.

I don't know WHAT to call it.

But I do know it bears all the hallmarks of a great work (in my experience). 1: it's about serious things; 2: it's extremely dark or extremely realistic, depending on your viewpoint; 3: it's controversial; 4: it's personally relatable to most everyone.

For me, the relatable-ness wasn't so much the sickness of course. It was more the insecurities and questions each character faced; the issues of right or wrong and of not knowing what direction to go, or of being bound to something.

I can't tell you whether this was a successful experiment or not, because 1: I'm not in a position to rate your work; and 2: I really don't know.

Whether it was a success or not, it truly was genius. The writing, the questions, the unique characterization (that still was not OOC)- all tied in beautifully with what (in my opinion) were the precisely right themes for this story.

I salute you.

And as to your A/N, on a more personal note, I think all of us care about the authors whose works we read. I certainly do.

I don't want to be nosey about your personal life, but I truly do hope that you manage all the cursed work, and that the huge step works out for you. Hang in there.
Madame Lady chapter 3 . 1/27/2008
Well then. I really don't have much to say after this.

You're a very good writer. Yep. *nods*

I know how you feel, being overwhelmed and depressed about a huge step and the work it takes to make it...But you seem like a very strong person. I know you can get through it.