Reviews for Knight Errand
loonytunecrazy chapter 14 . 1/30
Another great chapter here love the growing friendship between Antoine /Stormblaze and bandit as they tried to recover and heal stormblaze/ How they make fiona admitted and the scene between Barkville and Antoine
loonytunecrazy chapter 13 . 1/30
Cool chapter here nice scenes with Fiona (I adit I dont know much about her also liked Antoine rescue scene by stormblaze and with the fight scenes
Fox the Writer chapter 21 . 1/26
And KE was a joy to read, with its sequel already being an absolute thrill to take in. I had to find the right words I wanted to say because this story impacted me in such a way that I couldn't really describe from the get go. I don't think that what I have to say is still enough, but I feel that this is the closest I could describe everything I felt about this story. So...here goes!

When I finally got around to reading this story, I knew I was in for a ride. But it was funny; I didn't know what kind of a ride I'd be in until I started. And I'm glad I took it.

I'm a fan of Antoine, but after reading this, I have a greater appreciation for him than I ever did before, and I have to thank you for that. Antoine's journey to become a hero is as old and mythic as many other journeys heroes have taken, and like him, I too have learned something along the way. I understand this will sound way out there, but when I read the first chapter, something happened to me.

I saw myself as Antoine in that instance-alone and reading on legends and tales from the past. And then, I went ahead to find out more on how he and I are alike; we've both met amazing friends and allies along the way, and learned more on ourselves and the powers we have. It's not always easy for me to remember and implement them, but I do my best to try strengthen all areas of my life as Antoine is learning to do as he gradually learns to let go of old personality traits and embrace new ones. I know he'll grow to be a fine warrior and as his own person, and I hope to continue to grow in ways I haven't seen yet.

His journey to the cave made me root for him when he faced his fears and took on the dragon from within, so to speak. The Smiling Bandit? A regular Robin Hood-like character I found myself liking. The people of Sierra Verde rescued the children and restored peace to their home after Naugus' gloomy shadow was cast out. The queen of the Unicorns and Raventail are as noble and kind as they, as unicorns, are reputed to be (made me think of Lord of the Rings lol). Stormblaze may have his own faults, but like Obi-Wan Kenobi, he maintained a great amount of patiences for his young friend, and I found myself, like Antoine, looking up to him for his wisdom.

So for me, this was a tale akin to the times of ancient chivalry and Joseph Campbell's own lessons. And so, from one writer, student and friend, I give you my thanks for a wonderful story and for teaching me a few things along the way. Thank you, Nic. :)
loonytunecrazy chapter 12 . 10/16/2014
Another nice chapter here Antoine ceerteinly fees like he fitting with the rag tag band of the md dogs l and some intense scenes between him and stormblaze about the quest ,, II had a feeling that someone might betay them but the question is she a triple agent
loonytunecrazy chapter 11 . 9/18/2014
A nice chapter here kasimair seems a real natsy piece of work selling out his own brother like that and the mad dogs backstory is quite intresting. It also seems Antoine is getting more and more self confident but he should remember that could also be hid down fall he gets too arrgant, I think Sally and the other freedom fighters would be impressed by this new antoine
loonytunecrazy chapter 10 . 8/26/2014
Another exllcent chapter here you make a good point about Antone lack of speical powers but wouldnd his experitse in swordfighting be one , I also like his fight with the swaobots and the pack. Intergely to have one of them know about his father. Also very supring appaerance of Fiona Fox I know very little about her from what I heard in the archie comics
TammyHybrid21 chapter 21 . 3/14/2014
Oh I think that I know who the stranger in the sequel will be... anyway sorry this took so long to read and review, but stuff happened and then I got to watching HetaOni (which I shouldn't be, but anyway) not to mention a big ole pile of homework to try and get through...

Anyway apart from that... This was an excellent ending to a chapter of their entire journey and a great way to show them coming back to knothole, and yes the scene is still wonderful with everyone feeling IC :D I'm so glad that I could be of some help with that.

Oh Cassiopeia, I'll admit that when she showed up at Stormblaze's spot I was initially surprised but then I realised that logically she probably would know about it, and I liked her little talk with Antoine... also the fact that Moonshadow referred to Antoine as a fawn at first entertained me, just as much as his little correction, makes me really think about how hard it must be when talking about groups of little kids in Anthro Universes with diverse species and every species might have a slightly different way of talking about them.

Anyway I'm glad that you've managed to finish this story, now hopefully I can get over my Writer's Block on EB and TH and get the next chapters out soon :D Okay now I'm away to your blog to see what's going on there! *runs to blog*
TammyHybrid21 chapter 20 . 3/1/2014
This was definitely worth the wait, I mean I didn't really have that much time to enjoy reading it at first and might have had to skim it the first time, but now that I've re-read it properly I'm able to begin my review and state what I enjoyed about the chapter.

And Rience is still making me hate him, can't he tell that those two were just doing the best they could. I still don't like him... nice going Raventail shutting him up like that, also reading the stars, do they mean the movements and predicting the future using that?

And we meet Stormblaze's parents, I must say that they seem like kind people, and some that I could find myself been comfortable and at ease around. Also I don't know why but the part when Charis embraced Antoine I found it a bit funny, it might have just been me but the idea of Antoine been treated like a little kid like that just entertained me...

A safe place, yeah, Antoine you should definitely find a safe place where you can go to think and meditate on things. Heaven knows that having one helps me on occasion.

The idea of them both been swarmed by a bunch of excited children also entertains me, I mean come on that just sounds entertaining to think of... but honestly I'm glad that the kids are still curious enough to do that.

All in all I enjoyed this chapter, it was a nice break for the boys, but I do have the feeling that things aren't going to be as restful or easy for them soon enough... or maybe it's just me, at least things are looking up and they got to have a break :) Anyway that's it for this review then, and good luck with the next chapter Lucky.
cakelesspixels chapter 19 . 11/13/2013
For some reason I haven't been getting the updates on this! I've also been taking forever to read it. I'm really sorry about that.

I know I said it before but I really love Stormblaze and Antoine. This fic has really made me appreciate Antoine way more than I ever did before. I can't wait for the next chapter and to see how everything with Naugus plays out. Honestly, all of this reads very much like something you could see happening on SatAM. If the show were ever revived and I were in charge, I would definitely have to get you a seat in the writers room. Sometimes fics read very clearly like fanfic even if it's good, but I could believe this being an actual episode. Well, it'd probably have to be a special or several parter. Still I could see it being official regardless of how it's distributed.

Actually, I like the idea of the Deep Power Stones giving different powers to every wielder. It makes things more interesting and it makes you guess what'll happen instead of being predictable. It also keeps characters from being able to predict everything way too easily, you know what I mean?

Confession: I kinda wanted them to take Rience down. Or, at least, for Antoine to poke him in the butt with his sabre.
TammyHybrid21 chapter 19 . 9/20/2013
How did I miss the update? Anyway this is still as amazing as the previous chapters and I must say that I found that battle sequence at the start quite thrilling to read. I also loved the fact that the unicorn construct was on all fours and that you referenced the fact that Mobians descended from Earth animals... LOL

I liked that little sequence where they named Antoine's sabre, it was neat. I've always wondered why in fiction blades and favoured weapons of certain characters had names... is this a real life thing?

as various small gifts ranging from handmade blankets to assorted trinkets, some of which were quite valuable, such as a ./ Is it just me or is there something missing from this sentence... sorry if it is just me...

I already hate Rience and Co, they're nothing more than overgrown bullies from what I've seen so far. I can't wait for the next chapter though and why do I get the feeling that Naugus' revenge will be quite problematic once it's enacted...
Sonar chapter 19 . 9/19/2013
Love it.
TammyHybrid21 chapter 18 . 6/28/2013
Eep... if I was reading this with no foreknowledge of what you have planned (or no feeling that everything would be fine) then that last sentence would just freak me out, as in really freak me out. Honestly it still does, it's extremely foreboding to be completely honest.

Honestly I'm liking the whole Anti-Climatical part with the stones, it's better than what some do by using the whole bright flash of light thing, and a lot more subtle about the stones activating... although it kind of fits better with your story and I really am sorry I couldn't help you with finding out whether they do have any special affects when activating.

That part with the panther (I think that it was a panther sure sounds like one) Black Secret, and the taunt about simply taking Antoine's life-force now that spooked me. If they could do something like that, eep. Anyway this chapter was amazing overall, I loved it.
cakelesspixels chapter 2 . 5/5/2013
I've been taking forever in reading! I'm sorry! I'm liking the bond between these two. :)

It's also nice to see you didn't forget about Antoine's flaws. ;) I knew you wouldn't, but it's still refreshing to see a story that doesn't demonize a character or erase his flaws. It's also good to see him learning from them already. Stormblaze makes a good buddy for him.
cakelesspixels chapter 1 . 4/12/2013
I just started reading and it's off to a really good start! :) It's nice to see Antoine getting some love lol. I'm looking forward to seeing how this progresses. Keep up the good work!
TammyHybrid21 chapter 17 . 3/20/2013
Antoine! Oh no, oh no, this looks bad. Also I knew that someone was going to yank on the chain eventually.

Ha Antoine's rematch with the spider was every bit as exhilarating as I expected it to be. That was awesome and he also managed to hold his own, at least until that cat showed up and took away his edge.

Oh, I hope that they can manage to get out of this situation it looks quite dangerous, also they shouldn't have written Antoine off quite so fast should've they.

Also sorry for taking so long, I had a few things going on...
55 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »