Reviews for Looking Glass
heartbeatfan chapter 1 . 7/28
This is absolutely stunning ! You should write more Diego/Esperanza fics :) anyway , I love this fic !
Gabriela-chan chapter 1 . 9/13/2003
I'm sorry to tell you that I thought the re-telling of the scene in the movie was a little bit boring. I know that you did your best to flesh it out with Don Diego's thoughts, and in fact you did a good job with some parts. But it really does need a little bit more fleshing out so that you're not just repeating all the lines and actions from the movie.

However, like I said, I do think that you did a good job with some parts, and there are some thoughts & insights here that I think are very interesting. For example:

"I briefly feared that I was losing my mind. Your ghost was being helped off the boat." (Him having a first impression that Elena is Esperanza's ghost is a very striking thought)

"The truth of his words cut through me like a hot sword. If I had gone with him, you would have never been hurt. You would have lived to see another sunset." (You can really feel his pain and the horror of realization in this line)

"I stand there silently thinking as everyone begins to call my name. "Zorro! Zorro! Zorro!" I have never seen these men, as a group, stand up for anything or anyone." (I never thought before about how he must have felt in the prison, when he saw that all the men had shared the fantasy of being Zorro. I never realized that it must have touched him that he was a hero to ALL of those men. This is a truly great insight!)
wajag chapter 1 . 10/19/2001
well done. I can imagine him thinking those thoughts. thanks for sharing )
Gingerbeer chapter 1 . 9/20/2001
Very good, dramatic stuff. Could have used more descriptions (then again, I always say that). I haven't seen the Zorro movie, but I used to be a fan of the TV series. You just made me think of my childhood hero in a new way.
Christina24 chapter 1 . 9/18/2001
i know this may sound odd but did you write Angustia Del Amante? because i read it on someones homepage and loved it and the page had other stories you posted on here. if you did write it will you please, please, please, post it here so i can read it again w/o having to hunt for it. thanks oh ya i love ALL your stories you have posted
Robin4 chapter 1 . 9/16/2001
Wow... this is awesome. Well done. Many don't write fics from the Mask of Zorro (i was starting to feel lonely), but this still one of the best I have ever read. Kudos.
Lady Demosthenes chapter 1 . 9/13/2001
AWwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, that was really sweet. I think I'm going to cry. I love that movie too, save the fact that Don Diego suffers soo much! But I do not think that is the actual way the original writer of Zorro meant it to end, then again, I don't know. But I thought it was undeniably sweet. Thanks for this beautiful piece.