Reviews for Amongst the Living
Riene chapter 28 . 5/13
Alas, I've read these out of order. Must go back and read the original first story tomorrow!

I've really enjoyed this sequel. You're an excellent writer! I love how she is so patient with him, and how he's so focused on her. Thank you for doing a realistic addition of Eva and how Christine reacted when she wanted a child, and how he reacted afterwards.

I'm looking forward to reading the original!
Caro chapter 5 . 2/20
I love your stories. I've read all of them multiple times. But I never lest a review because I'm bad about that. But I was just watching opera videos, and was wondering if you'd ever heard of Diana Damrau. That's how I visualize When All Is Lost Christine, especially in her later years. Anyway, you're amazing.
CalmReader chapter 28 . 12/19/2015
Quiet2885, thank you for this sequel. I enoyed every bit of it. It was beautifully written. You've kept this balance to not get it to be too mawkish, you know.

This family is in no way normal. I guess a lot of problems are lying ahead. I can only imagine, how Eva is growing up and how Erik is struggling for her happines and safety (as well as Christine's). There are many tough things for Eva to meet. But I believe in Erik - because he is an amazing man. Despite his dark side, he had grown much light in himself - with the help of his woman, of course. So I really hope a lot of happiness is awaiting him and his family. Christine once again proved she is strong and caring and understanding. Her patience is unbelievable. I'm happy for Erik to have her.

I felt very warm with this story. It somehow calmed me. These three characters became very close to me. I will miss them :-)
CalmReader chapter 25 . 12/19/2015
"Finally you can transport yourself" :D Quiet2885, I'm amazed, how you find these little phrases, which characterize Erik completely. This is brilliant!
CalmReader chapter 19 . 12/18/2015
I like how Erik is struggling to keep his sanity. He is so cute, I want to hug him very much.
Christine is smart enough to bring a baby topic. I like, that Erik is starting to think about it himself. And maybe one day he would actually want to have a child...
CalmReader chapter 14 . 12/18/2015
"Finished with Erik?" - sorry, I laughed at that. Out loud. He is so very charming. Painfully charming. Christine deserves a medal for her patience with him. Her love for Erik is superhuman.
CalmReader chapter 13 . 12/18/2015
Aw, Erik is a charming baby :-)
CalmReader chapter 8 . 12/18/2015
Erik's reaction to holidays is hilarious :-)
CalmReader chapter 7 . 12/18/2015
OMG, poor Erik struggling with skin products sellers :D I can't get enough of THIS Erik :-)
CalmReader chapter 6 . 12/18/2015
I love reading about these little moments, that E&C share together. It's like a romantic TV show, that I can't let go :-) Although I like adventures and happenings, I want to know better of their life. It's curious, how Erik perceives his new life as an ordinary man - especially your Erik, Quiet2885! Because you've made such a great portrait of him. Thank you for these sweet vignettes.

Oh, and I really hope Raoul will finally find peace in his life, I feel pity for him...
DeadAndLovely chapter 28 . 4/16/2015
Thank you so much for these! The ending of When All Is Lost was perfect, but this was delightful to read. It is a bit difficult to leave all of this because I have become so attached to these characters. Your portrayal is awesome! So again, thanks!
BadassSyd chapter 28 . 2/15/2015
This was so perfect. I couldn't stop reading. Literally. I was like, "Let's do some homework." But nope that never happened. Thank you for sharing this wonderful story.
kidneyofcapaldi chapter 28 . 1/5/2015
*blubbers unintelligibly*
Wynni chapter 28 . 12/5/2014
nicely done
Guest chapter 28 . 9/17/2014
I almost liked this more than the original story! Love your portrayal of Erik adjusting to life changes. Such a great addition to your other awesome story.