Reviews for Amongst the Living
Guest chapter 28 . 6/17/2019
I know I’m very late to the party, but I had to review. After reading shadow government, I’ve been working through your stories from the first one. When All is Lost was a fantastic story! It’s the first phanfic I’ve seen with a main character death, and I thought it really aided the story. These vignettes are the best things I’ve read! I’m constantly squealing over small interactions and cute actions. Your portrayal of the characters was fantastic, remaining constant while also allowing the characters to shift. I hope you always keep writing!
StarryKnight565 chapter 28 . 8/31/2018
Awww that was so cute. I love them. They deserve to be happy. It was realistic, but not depressing. Im glad everyone made it out semi-okay. Lovely, just lovely!
StarryKnight565 chapter 7 . 8/30/2018
Omg I usually don't review until the end or I'm caught up, but that was too good. *casually picks flowers, leaves money* "Christine would not want me to steal." I'm dying
Anushka Somavanshi chapter 28 . 5/11/2018
This was so aaaamzzzing. I really like how you made this super realistic instead of making everything perfect and fluffy. It was a little sad to see Christine's and Gavin's friendship deteriorate but at least we got to see a happy ending for Raoul! And the character development in Erik was great to see. I loved his cute little interactions with Eva.
Pensez-a-Erik chapter 28 . 2/9/2018
Oh my god, that was really sweet! I'm glad Erik loves Eva, and that they all get their 'happily ever after,' as so to speak. I love your writing style, and all your stories are really riveting and contain the proper amount of angst, romance and adventure. Definitely a great read.
Pensez-a-Erik chapter 24 . 2/9/2018
I hope Erik and Eva become closer.
Pensez-a-Erik chapter 19 . 2/9/2018
I'm pleasantly surprised that this has a plot, I suppose I was expecting this to be more like Shadow Government's vignettes, but I prefer the way these are styled.
Antares chapter 28 . 1/16/2018
This was such an enjoyable read. Erik’s interactions with Eva are both endearing and comical. I burst into giggles at “a shouting match from Hell” and just how disdainful (and blunt) Erik was towards Children’s Literature. I love how Erik gradually accepts Eva, you didn’t shy away from the grittier aspects of what E/C would be like. Christine was so wonderful, brave, loving and kind. Just seeing the both of them heal and recover was refreshing. (I’m glad Gavin and Raoul are doing okay too - life will never be a bed of roses, but it still goes on!)
sia chapter 1 . 11/11/2017
I must say, I really love this story. It is so well-written and the characters feel real and complex. You don't just give them this fairy tale ending but instead show that they still have their struggles and troubles. Which is more than realistic, considering Erik's past. But even then, you manage to give him some healing that feels natural, not far-fetched. This is truly a beautifully executed story, so thank you so much for it!
Rainbow Pierrot chapter 14 . 5/15/2017
I would also like to see more of the shade, he gets so little screen time in the book and hes so interesting here
LoreLorelei chapter 14 . 5/15/2017
i want to know more about the Shade
Kayleem127 chapter 28 . 3/2/2017
I'm just going to cry for the rest of my life now... lol. Such a beautiful sequel to an amazing story. I thank you 3
Riene chapter 28 . 5/13/2016
Alas, I've read these out of order. Must go back and read the original first story tomorrow!

I've really enjoyed this sequel. You're an excellent writer! I love how she is so patient with him, and how he's so focused on her. Thank you for doing a realistic addition of Eva and how Christine reacted when she wanted a child, and how he reacted afterwards.

I'm looking forward to reading the original!
Caro chapter 5 . 2/20/2016
I love your stories. I've read all of them multiple times. But I never lest a review because I'm bad about that. But I was just watching opera videos, and was wondering if you'd ever heard of Diana Damrau. That's how I visualize When All Is Lost Christine, especially in her later years. Anyway, you're amazing.
CalmReader chapter 28 . 12/19/2015
Quiet2885, thank you for this sequel. I enoyed every bit of it. It was beautifully written. You've kept this balance to not get it to be too mawkish, you know.

This family is in no way normal. I guess a lot of problems are lying ahead. I can only imagine, how Eva is growing up and how Erik is struggling for her happines and safety (as well as Christine's). There are many tough things for Eva to meet. But I believe in Erik - because he is an amazing man. Despite his dark side, he had grown much light in himself - with the help of his woman, of course. So I really hope a lot of happiness is awaiting him and his family. Christine once again proved she is strong and caring and understanding. Her patience is unbelievable. I'm happy for Erik to have her.

I felt very warm with this story. It somehow calmed me. These three characters became very close to me. I will miss them :-)