Reviews for Amongst the Living
Pizzaz23 chapter 28 . 12/24/2020
Love this story. I like the way Erik personality came out in the story. Well done!
BabyNake chapter 28 . 10/27/2020
I binge your stories like popcorn and I love every single chapter! You portray the characters excellently and I always become hooked within the first paragraph. Brava!
toscanamarcela chapter 28 . 10/7/2020
This was... amazing. I love it. I just love these characters so much. Shed more than a few tears, and had a laughing fit with Eva and Erik. Thank you for sharing these stories!
Teen543 chapter 28 . 9/10/2020
Cute continued story! Nice to see E/C get to live a fairly regular life together! Thank you!
Slipstream7249 chapter 1 . 8/27/2020
Character driven E/C stories are my favorite and I just loved these vignettes. Beautiful character development and writing. Brava!
Batty Dings chapter 13 . 7/7/2020
Your universes are so complete, your characters so developed and fresh that I often forget that it's Phantom of the Opera inspired. You keep a lot of the core features of the characters intact, but immerse them into these totally different and engrossing situations that it feels like I'm reading something original. What I think I mean to say is that you work is NOT derivative.
Inayasha25 chapter 28 . 6/17/2020
I'm going to be honest, even though it didn't have any "action" this peace, it was lovely. Sometimes when the adventure and action is over we barely get a page to see the couple together. And honestly sometimes the day by day is just like the adventure part, really difficult and sometimes challenging in some ways.
In a personal note though, usually when the author makes Christine pregnant that makes me loses interest in the story, because I'm not a fan of this mother kinda relationship. However is still a great piece, so thank you for this!
Guest chapter 28 . 6/17/2019
I know I’m very late to the party, but I had to review. After reading shadow government, I’ve been working through your stories from the first one. When All is Lost was a fantastic story! It’s the first phanfic I’ve seen with a main character death, and I thought it really aided the story. These vignettes are the best things I’ve read! I’m constantly squealing over small interactions and cute actions. Your portrayal of the characters was fantastic, remaining constant while also allowing the characters to shift. I hope you always keep writing!
StarryKnight565 chapter 28 . 8/31/2018
Awww that was so cute. I love them. They deserve to be happy. It was realistic, but not depressing. Im glad everyone made it out semi-okay. Lovely, just lovely!
StarryKnight565 chapter 7 . 8/30/2018
Omg I usually don't review until the end or I'm caught up, but that was too good. *casually picks flowers, leaves money* "Christine would not want me to steal." I'm dying
phantomphangirl352 chapter 28 . 5/11/2018
This was so aaaamzzzing. I really like how you made this super realistic instead of making everything perfect and fluffy. It was a little sad to see Christine's and Gavin's friendship deteriorate but at least we got to see a happy ending for Raoul! And the character development in Erik was great to see. I loved his cute little interactions with Eva.
Pensez-a-Erik chapter 28 . 2/9/2018
Oh my god, that was really sweet! I'm glad Erik loves Eva, and that they all get their 'happily ever after,' as so to speak. I love your writing style, and all your stories are really riveting and contain the proper amount of angst, romance and adventure. Definitely a great read.
Pensez-a-Erik chapter 24 . 2/9/2018
I hope Erik and Eva become closer.
Pensez-a-Erik chapter 19 . 2/9/2018
I'm pleasantly surprised that this has a plot, I suppose I was expecting this to be more like Shadow Government's vignettes, but I prefer the way these are styled.
Antares chapter 28 . 1/16/2018
This was such an enjoyable read. Erik’s interactions with Eva are both endearing and comical. I burst into giggles at “a shouting match from Hell” and just how disdainful (and blunt) Erik was towards Children’s Literature. I love how Erik gradually accepts Eva, you didn’t shy away from the grittier aspects of what E/C would be like. Christine was so wonderful, brave, loving and kind. Just seeing the both of them heal and recover was refreshing. (I’m glad Gavin and Raoul are doing okay too - life will never be a bed of roses, but it still goes on!)