Reviews for Lady of the Woods
TrudiRose chapter 10 . 3/2/2014
Intriguing! So is the "young duke" still in the castle somewhere? Or is it just Lilure? Her story was a bit ambiguous.
TrudiRose chapter 9 . 2/21/2014
Ooh, very intriguing! I really like your vivid descriptions and the atmosphere of mystery. I can't imagine who or what would imprison them BOTH, or why. Definitely eager to see what happens next!
civilwarrose chapter 9 . 2/19/2014
Very suspenseful! I've been waiting for an update on this! I had to refer back to your introduction saying that the Beast wasn't in the story, because I was expecting it to be his castle, and the woman to be Mrs. Potts. Well, it sure isn't her! I wonder if she managed to kill him...please continue when you can!
Princess Sparklefists chapter 8 . 12/10/2013
This is a really great, suspenseful story! Your writing is lovely and I'm anxious to find out where the story is going to go. Sable's master was seriously scary, and now Gaston is, too. His motivation and thoughts are terrifying, but also very in character. Can't wait to read more!
civilwarrose chapter 8 . 12/6/2013
Amazing...now I really can't wait to find out who this is and what this mysterious stone gate leads to. I do kind of hope it's the Prince's castle- the Prince and his servants (Beast or not) but I'm just guessing. Gaston is just horrible. You have captured perfectly the way he spins things around to make the town agree with him, with the exception of Lefou. Good thing he said the right things to keep Gaston from suspecting him.

Good chapter!
TrudiRose chapter 8 . 12/4/2013
Another very suspenseful chapter! I'm glad Lefou didn't get in trouble.

Gaston was REALLY dark and creepy in this chapter! Being obsessed with his reputation is one thing, but the way he was gloating about the prospect of murdering an unarmed girl, and comparing her to a deer he was hunting, gave me chills. He's definitely crossed a line from merely "selfish and bullying" to "cruel, sadistic and evil."

I'm very curious to know who saved Sable, and what the significance is of the house with the heron symbol.
civilwarrose chapter 7 . 11/30/2013
This was amazing and SO creatively done! Love it! (you don't realize how long I've been waiting for a scene like this. I'm serious.) The pain and horrific treatment that Sable endures is gripping and the scene of her attack on Adrien was dramatic. And when that was over, I laughed so much at "The direction the sun goes down? Isn't that east?" Such a cute line! That IS Lefou- perfect. He tries so hard. He's one of my favorite Disney characters ever, so this is an instant favorite. Hope you continue. :)
TrudiRose chapter 7 . 11/26/2013
Go, Lefou! I love that he helped her. You characterize him SO well.

Glad she killed that bastard - he SO had it coming!
TrudiRose chapter 6 . 11/21/2013
Wow, this was an exciting chapter! I really like the way you described the fight: I could totally see it happening, and each of their strengths and weaknesses against each other made perfect sense. Gaston is all brute strength and muscle, so a quick-moving, dodging opponent who uses his own momentum against him and attacks weak spots is exactly the kind of person who could beat him. At the same time, when he DOES land a punch, he practically kills her. They were very evenly matched precisely BECAUSE their physiques and fighting styles were so different.

I wonder what Adrien's plan was? And VERY eager to see what happens when Gaston finds her.
civilwarrose chapter 5 . 11/20/2013
This definitely gets my attention! How unique! It is very tricky to pull off a Beauty and the Beast fanfiction that isn't about Belle or the Beast/Prince, but you are doing very well. Like Trudi said, Gaston and Lefou are very character, especially their dialogue! Lefou is sympathetic and just as cute as a button, and Gaston is being put in a kind of situation where he his ego just may be taken down.

Sable is an interesting character with such a terrible past. I'm not sure that back then women were used as prize fighters, that's really my only issue, (I could see this in the Wild West for some reason but not so much 1700s France) but I'm definitely rooting for her! I'm so glad you decided to continue a fic you had started so long ago! Definitely following. :)
TrudiRose chapter 5 . 11/17/2013
Great to see this story updated! As always, you have Gaston and Lefou totally in character, and Sable is such an original and sympathetic character. The lead-up to the fight was very suspenseful - I'm on the edge of my seat to see what will happen!
DJ Caligula chapter 4 . 2/15/2010
Your writing is wonderful and descriptive, and Gaston is perfectly in character. I love your OC of Sable, and I can't wait to see what happens when she meets Gaston. Please update!
SonyaT.Blade chapter 4 . 6/24/2008
I really like this story... so far its creative and takes and different direction, focusing on Gaston. The writing and plot so far and believable, however still intriguing.

Please continue... I'm very interested to read what develops!
El chapter 4 . 3/9/2008
I am really enjoying this story. Please write more.
TrudiRose chapter 4 . 2/15/2008
I really liked Sable's moment of compassion for Lefou - poor little guy doesn't get enough of that. Another excellent chapter, and I can't wait to see what happens when Gaston meets her!