Reviews for Black Hawk Skimming
Greenhemoglobin chapter 14 . 5/9/2009
please continue this is a wonderful story!
Culture Shock in Berlin chapter 1 . 4/1/2009
When the words "Boston, Massachusetts" were said, I jumped for joy. (from the area.) MA needs more love, seems most like to concentrate on the city's like NY...

Anyway, enjoying this is so far!
Splinter1 chapter 13 . 12/3/2008
Hey, I really like what you've written thus far. You've managed to humanize KARR out of his "killer KARR" mentality with a young woman partner who has managed, without FLAG knowing about it, to reprogram him by making KARR realize that not everyone is out to get him. In doing so, Devon, Bonnie, Michael and the original KITT have accepted KARR as an AI worth having around, instead of deactivating with extreme prejudice.

I also liked the partial reboot of KARR into where he could have been more menacing after having to be transferred into a different CPU, but, had enough memory access to know that KITT and the others were looking out for his best interests and, in a way, help fulfill KARR's original programming.

Something I'd like you to be wary of, though, and, you've touched on it, is that KARR can be possessive and very selfish. He may need to "learn" that love does not equate ownership. What KARR could develop is an "agape" love. That's what Rae seems to have started to feel towards KARR and it developed into the Phileo type of love. You should be cautious about turning that Eros, as that is a more sexual love and she should realize that she can never have children with an AI. She should keep her love for KARR where it is at, and KARR or KITT should remind Rae that her love for KARR can't be as physical as she'd long for as a human being.

Think about it :)
ArmoredSoul chapter 13 . 12/2/2008
Okay, I just about burst into tears.

Seriously.

That was deep beyond any emotional level that I have personally experienced.

WOW.
annependragon chapter 13 . 12/2/2008
Really enjoying the direction you are taking this story. so the AIs are getting android bodies. Cool can't wait to see KArr's reaction to being in one Kitt and Michael were intersting to say the least. Love the Bonnie Michael angle with the tale.
ArmoredSoul chapter 12 . 11/3/2008
WHOA.

O.O

I read most of this in school, but I am so glad I waited to read this at home.

I kinda did a fangirl squeal there at the end.

Would have got me in alot of trouble in class.

X3
Lady Razorsharp chapter 8 . 4/30/2008
I like Michael's quick thinking to spill the beans about his own identity. It got Rae's attention, that's for sure. And I really enjoyed her line of reasoning. "Am I to just be another phoenix rising?" Nicely done. You've got a habit of turning a very neat phrase.

"[KARR] scares the pee outta me" ROTFL, that cracked me up!

Again with the ranting at Devon. Hmm. Well, she's young, and no doubt he takes that into account. He's either very patient or...what Michael said was true; that the need to have Rae around to stabilize KARR (and therefore increase the chances for the 3K to be 'born') curbs any cranky response he might give. Still. Some gratitude would be nice.

I enjoyed Rae and 'Mike's' (LOL, cute) conversation at the end of the evening. He sounds very wise, yet still very Michael.

Still liking this.
Lady Razorsharp chapter 7 . 4/30/2008
KARR's first few moments in his new body were very vivid, and brought a smile to my face, for sure. )

His integrating Rae as part of himself (and therefore needing to be protected at all costs) was very effective, and sent a shiver down my spine.

And yes, I called the charity ball. XD

Aw, KITT can speak Japanese! (KITT: Why wouldn't I be able to? *hmph*) That's nifty. And I like how Rae deferred to Michael and KITT. That right there got you several points with me. )

Ah, ah. I have a feeling that these two are going to be a handful...
Lady Razorsharp chapter 6 . 4/30/2008
Yes, time marches on, doesn't it...*sigh*

"Killer KARR?" I can just hear that conversation...

LOL, the PDA that had been forced on Michael...haha, yes. He'll learn to use it, but probably grouse about how it's his 'electronic leash' or something...

Whee, new Mustang! Not too shabby. And I like Michael and KITT's conversation. "I do not plan to take on another driver." Aw, that's sweet.

"Hey. Shut up. Yes." That was cool. D

But hm...Rae's wish is understandable, but it looks as if she's becoming more dependent on KARR (something that he would hardly want, it seems).

Again, I'm intrigued.
Lady Razorsharp chapter 5 . 4/30/2008
Michael brings up a very good point...

...but KARR is also slowly beginning to understand why Rae is still around. And it looks like it scared him to pieces. His panic attack was done very well, as was KITT's counsel.

And don't tell me: The first assignment of KARR and Rae will be making an appearance at a Foundation fundraiser? D
Lady Razorsharp chapter 4 . 4/30/2008
"Don't sulk. That's KITT's job." LOL! I loved that.

Aww, and even KARR has a soft side when it comes to Rae. He reminds me a little of Beast, one of the AI's from Team Knight Rider...a real jerk to his driver, but gooshy and polite around another girl on the team ("I'm going to ask about trading cars," his driver would grumble).

"You're going to have a frame that will make KITT whine with envy." Again, LOL! I can't wait to see what that's going to be...
Lady Razorsharp chapter 3 . 4/30/2008
KITT can be a rather devious little thing when he wants to be. *g* I like the way he led his older brother into that loophole in logic. I wonder if KARR ever saw it coming (from the way I saw it, I would guess not). Their conversation about KARR not having ever seen Rae was very well done.

KARR seems like the kind of...being...that would purposely distance himself from any form of fondness for anything (because to him, fondness begats dependency, and as he says, if something happens to her, then he himself is in jeopardy).

I really liked this line: "She...is to me as Knight is to you." Nice. Just struck me as a cool line. KARR understands his little brother's relationship, even if he doesn't necessarily approve.

There's a lot of layers to this, and you seem to be exploring them with a good deal of precision.
Lady Razorsharp chapter 2 . 4/30/2008
Although Rae falling for KARR is a little on the creepy side, you've explained it well. KARR may be evil, but he's constant, and Rae, who sounds like her life has been one of no little uncertainty, has adapted herself to his personality. The tactile sensor is a little odd, but again, you've explained it tastefully. I especially like KITT's possessiveness of his own; that was well done. His compassion for Rae is very sweet: "Oh, little one." He's also very astute ("I understand [emotions] wonderfully.") as well as practical ("But you understand that while he sounds human...he isn't."). In short, I like the way you write KITT, very much. )

I'm curious to see what happens next...
Lady Razorsharp chapter 1 . 4/30/2008
A cute beginning. I like KARR's frustration at having emotions (he sounds quite Decepticon-like *g*), and his crankiness at being at the mercy of humans. Rae, though flavored heavily with Sue (just an observation, I've done it myself), is interesting. She's a little mouthy (ranting at Devon? good heavens), but I suppose everyone at the Manor is used to that since Michael can be a bit of a smartypants at times.

I like the reasoning that Devon has behind what's going on with KARR, sort of a "keep your friends close and your enemies closer" kind of thing. Just enough rope for KARR to hang himself with if he ever gets out of line, so to speak. It almost sounds like KARR and Rae have been given a bit too much room, but Devon's no doubt got reasons for what he does (and has kinds of control at his disposal that KARR and Rae know nothing about). Tying KARR down will just make him angrier, and giving him a semblance of freedom-as well as the familiar face of Rae, who if not a friend is at least tolerated-might make him a bit more willing to side with the forces of good.

You've intrigued me enough to go to chapter 2, so that's a good thing! )
Quetzalcoatls chapter 10 . 4/24/2008
evil cilffhanger there but a good chapter needs to be longer though!

update soon!