Reviews for For Eleanor
Guest chapter 1 . 11/20/2013
this was so amazing i am so happy i found it :D
amielouisegarland17 chapter 1 . 5/13/2013
I loved it so sweet
yomom chapter 1 . 8/10/2010
GAY.

this fic had so much more possibility .
loonytunecrazy chapter 1 . 5/13/2010
Exllcent fic here
J'aime ma vie chapter 1 . 2/18/2010
This fic was wonderful! It was very well-written, and Iiked that it was void of any formatting, grammatical, punctuation, and spelling errors. Fics like that are so much easier and more enjoyable to read.

I find the story very intriguing - there's Arnold, wondering what led him to become the person he is and wondering if he's really satisfied with the life he's chosen. There's also the sadness, because he's gone to San Lorenzo to look for his parents and hasn't found them, and then, his realization that he still loves Helga.

The twists with Lila and Arnie were great, too. I liked how it seemed at first that Arnold had married Lila, hence his dissatisfaction with life. This fic really hammers home hard the fact that Arnold and Lila are better off as friends - Arnold's adventurous, passionate, active, and lives his life. He's a doer who takes initiative, whereas Lila is passive, apathetic, and sits by and waits for things to happen to her. Her marrying Arnie, who is also very passive and doesn't live, but instead does nothing with his life, adds a sense of sadness to this fic, because Arnold realizes, perhaps too late, that Lila was never the one for him, and it's sad for Lila too, because briefly, we see her regretting the passive lifestyle she's accepted.

And Helga. Wow! She married someone else and had a child with that person, but still loved Arnold. The fact that she caught Olga in bed with him a few weeks after the wedding... I'm assuming it was a shotgun wedding? That's heartbreaking, but proof that Helga waited for Arnold all these years.

Lastly, I love the ring and the revelation that Helga spent time with Gertie. I like that Gertie knew that history repeats itself and knew that Helga was the right person for Arnold, hence, the ring. This fic starts off sad, but ends wonderfully, implying that Arnold and Helga have a future together. :) Great job on this! I really enjoyed reading it.
SuprSingr chapter 1 . 1/8/2010
Aw... Precious little story!
eleanor chapter 1 . 8/7/2009
My name is Eleanor, so obviously I had to read a story called For Eleanor. This is gorgeous, lovely writing, lovely plot - you had me freakin out a bit at the beginning with the lila/arnold thing - nice trick there.

Anyhoo, good job, I look forward to reading more of your pieces.
Thundercatroar chapter 1 . 5/15/2009
Wonderful story!
Helgaslove 4Arnold chapter 1 . 4/30/2009
Omg this is so cute, I love grandma Pookie, i wish i had a grandma like her. I love how you keep the reader interested on the couples. Love your work.
Pointy Objects chapter 1 . 6/20/2008
Before I begin ...*slaps wrist for not reading this sooner and pats back for finding it*

Oh my goodness. You should be overwhelmingly proud of yourself. This is utterly fantastic. I love your use of twists. There's not too many of them, but just enought to keep the reader captivated. At first, the Arnold-Lila-Arnie fandango confused me...but I went back and read it through, and it made perfect sense. And your characterization skills are great. Wonderful piece; I hope it's not your last.

-Pointy_Objects
Hand Over The Stimulus Money chapter 1 . 1/25/2008
Nice! Wasn't expecting that twist...

Although Olga doesn't seem like she would do that...but you never know.
Nikki Narcissist chapter 1 . 1/18/2008
That.

Was.

ADORABLE.

I love the whole "Eleanor" thing, I always loved that in the episode, "Helga Sleepwalks".

Bravo, bravo, encore.

Me gusta.
kialajaray chapter 1 . 1/18/2008
The Arnie thing was a good twist. I thought that he was going to leave his pregnant wife for Helga. I don't think that Olga would ever do that to Helga, but hey it's your fic. I thought that it was really good. Btw, do you know what episode that his grandmother called Helga Eleanor? The only one I can think of is where she broke into his house to get that tape back.
Hellerick Ferlibay chapter 1 . 1/17/2008
Huh, you use British spelling and even wrote "million pounds". What's the deal?

Well done. I don't remember a story in which Arnold and Helga would be helped this way. And you really tricked me with that Arnie-instead-Arnold thing. If you'd ask me though I would say that Arnold should rather see Helga's daughter than just hear about her.

Sorry, I just like to criticize people. But even I have no idea why you’re pointed out at your spelling: yours is much better than average here. So what if you white "blond haired" without a hyphen, or "was round" instead "was around", and forget to put an apostrophe into "lets"...?

Greetings from Siberia.
A.N.D chapter 1 . 1/16/2008
That was bloody brilliant. Serioiusly, it is. And trust me, i have read every Hey Arnold fanfic that is worth reading. And let me tell you, this is worth reading. Sometimes i am surprised by amazing a Hey Arnold fan fic. The show does not even air on Nick any more. But that is the beauty of Hey Arnold. He is a kid with normal problems and the possibilities you have with him is vast. Just like the clay he was first sculpted with. So yeah. I am favoriting this. Great job.