Reviews for The Greatest Price
Heather Giesbrecht chapter 1 . 5/20/2013
Elrond really is different from Elros and Elwing. Not hating Maglor and Maedhros , forgiving them instead despite his fear of Maedhros killing him. To forgive Elros when he thinks Elrond is being weak.

This is great too, it makes The Choice of Elros easier to understand.
Like you intended.
Fortune Zyne chapter 1 . 3/27/2012
I always pictured Elrond as the more calm, and perhaps more forgiving of the two twins.
mistrali chapter 1 . 5/5/2011
I don't know what to say. All these beautiful little details just make the story:

"Maedhros, on his feet beside him, is still as well, but with the kind of stillness ready to explode into motion."

Like that. You capture the essence of a character in a subtle, simple way, with no flowery descriptions and no overly dramatic moments just for the sake of being dramatic.

Brilliant job.
Virodeil chapter 1 . 4/6/2009
Heh heh heh... I admit, I read "Elros' Choice" before this. Pardon me.

This one-shot was sweet... Yeah, sweeter than the other one, although it could be expected. It is a - twistedly - wonderous thing, how a pair of twins could be such different in minds and acts...

It was interesting, watching the Feanorian brothers interact with each other. The scene made me pity them; they must be much more open centuries ago in Aman, carefree, and I wonder if they had the courage and energy left to think back on those happy times. The relation between Elros and Elrond in this one-shot was much clearer and more 'tangible' also, more real.

Well, yes, compared to Elros' Choice, this one was much better, as it encompassed what the other one lacked. My advice for the other one to be 'decorated' a bit still applies, though, as I would rather see both one-shots separately.

In this snippet, I also noticed - with the same pleasure - the language you chose to weave the tale. I could not imagine how ordinary children could speak like Elrond, but I guess the twins' upbringing could make a difference in this matter.

Speaking of upbringing... how old were the twins in both snippets? LOL I remember only asking it now...

9/10
iluvobiwan91 chapter 1 . 12/18/2008
I love this. It's rare to get a good story about this subject, I've just not found anything worth squat, but I love this. :D Especially the last three paragraphs. Maglor's emotion and honesty is priceless. Thank you so much.
Ada Kensington chapter 1 . 3/29/2008
Absolutely lovely in its understated simplicity. An interesting take on Elros too, one, I think, that rings true. :)
Lindale chapter 1 . 2/12/2008
wow!
ssiegler chapter 1 . 1/25/2008
I'm not done reading yet, but I must say that I got to Maglor's song and started crying. Good for you; you made me cry

-Ariel

A more detailed response when I get through the rest of it:)
Lady MSM chapter 1 . 1/23/2008
Now THAT'S what I'm talking about. Way good story. Elrond's sweet and Maglor is super-cool.
Klose chapter 1 . 1/23/2008
This is a very insightful character study. Elrond is clearly compassionate - and Elros is interesting. Proud, certainly, and he seems the sort who is capable of loving greatly and hating just as much. His cynicism is almost painful.

"Elros is harshest to him, perhaps because he knows there is no way to wound Maedhros."

Ouch. (In a good way. ;))

The interchange between Maglor and Maedhros was lovely in its quiet, understated simplicity. I am impressed with how skillfully you've handled the varying emotions and dynamics in this story - just the nuances in a line like: 'To my astonishment, Maedhros smiles back – thinly, and unevenly, but a smile nevertheless. “Do not think too long,” he says softly, almost too softly for me to hear. “Some thoughts do more harm than good.”'

I see this is your first Silmfic - and also that you have another one up here as well. I hope we'll be seeing more from you soon!
IVIaedhros chapter 1 . 1/19/2008
Once again, a very enjoyable and thoughtful oneshot.
Oleanne chapter 1 . 1/16/2008
Great story!
eiluj chapter 1 . 1/15/2008
Excellent! More, please?
Kizu Mizu chapter 1 . 1/15/2008
YOU WROTE A NEW STORY!

*does jig*

OMG! Seriously. That was like the coolest thing, seeing that update in my inbox.

I don't know much about this fandom, as I've never read the Silmarillion, but I am most impressed by how much your writing has matured. This was just...amazing. Like I was there.

Your earlier works hinted at this greatness, and now it's taking shape. I am happy.

Kudos, friend!