Reviews for Hidden in the Light
AyumiUK chapter 1 . 4/10
FFN destroyed the lines.

The insight on Volke's mind is very interesting.
kradeelav chapter 1 . 5/24/2010
Love this one. 3

Nails Volke very well, an that's an achievement since he's a hard one to get completely IC with. The game really doesn't hint at his personality very well, but communicates his ruthlessness quite clearly. You did to here, but with a certain sense of sardonic .. interest?

Great job here - would be interesting to try another stab at this. :D
spygirly chapter 1 . 1/9/2010
Pretty well written, I think. Rambling actually makes sense for his character, considering his screwed-up mental state. Glad that the thing about Ike and Greil hiring an assassin for a good reason stood out compared to those details about killing babies...actually that was very in-character in a creepy, Volke-ish way.
Darkamber8828 chapter 1 . 12/10/2009
I never thought Volke would be this...deep. He just kicks ass, looks hot, and...that's it...

Nice way of putting things in perspective!
Shadow of Dark Souls chapter 1 . 8/10/2009
Wow. That's all I can say. Your story was so descriptive that it took my breath away. You can't help but wonder what an assassin like Volke is thinking but you did it perfectly! The whole no morals thing was spot on and overall I think it was really good!

'It's a pretty nasty line of business, and I don't make any pretenses about it. I'm an assassin, an expert in killing people, snuffing out lives in pure darkness and absolute silence. The jobs I take aren't meant for the weak of heart, nor are they meant for the light-hearted souls of the realm.' -ah, my favorite section. Being a very VERY realistic person myself, I couldn't agree more with these sentiments.

Great writing!
FenixPhoenix chapter 1 . 3/14/2009
I like the psychological traits you gave his character. I cannot picture Volke killing babies for all his mysterious background, but it's fine. Sort of made me imagine all in black and white. Sort of like sin city, lol.
bright snow chapter 1 . 6/9/2008
It's Volke! Ha ha.

This is a very interesting fanfic. I like fics that don't really have a plot and are really just there to explore character. Those are more fun. Not to say I don't like fics with plots, it's just these are more interesting...?

Great characterization of Volke. Sounds just like him.

Of course, Ike's the one that hires someone to kill himself, ha. Silly Ike. Always the oddball. Heh.

In any case, I like the title you chose for this. Very plain, very simple, yet nicely thought out and brought up multiple times in your fic. Yay.
Wii Master chapter 1 . 3/17/2008
Oh, reflective fics. I really like these for characters that intrest me, and Volke is one of those characters. I liked the characterization, and even though I may not be the best judge for Volke, it seemed to fit. I never paid him much attention in the game as far as SC go, but I commend you on your fic. The only error I found wasn't so much an error, but just a few extra letters.

"Ah, the gold. Always the gold."

In my opinion, you don't really need those two extra 'A's. It is still the same word. But I suppose they are there to show a mental sigh, so it works. Just thought I'd point that out.

I'll end with two words.

Good. Fic.

~Wii Master
Kalisona chapter 1 . 1/17/2008

Wonderful. Sometimes ramblings make the most delightful of reads. I never really thought about it before. I mean, I thought about the oddness of hiring an assassin to kill yourself, of course, but that was all. My thought merely touched on it for a brief moment before I dismissed it. Silly of me, really.

But this story really does all of the explaining for such an action, in a wonderful way, too. There's no better way of showing a person's thoughts than to ramble, I believe. After all, people's thoughts do not follow any particular pattern, and so, this is very believable and well done!

Not a lot to say this time, unfortunately. Homework, as always, beckons. But good work, as always, and you did a story with Volke! Hoorah! :D

Keep up the great writing!

Sothe chapter 1 . 1/16/2008
It was a very good story. Keep up the great stories
Kusabi Makabe chapter 1 . 1/16/2008
Volke, the standard shadowy shadow of Fire Emblem. I've always found him fascinating, and wished that there was a little more to him in the game - and yet, if we got that "a little more to him" it would kind of defeat the purpose.

Anyway, I like your take on Volke. His thoughts are very matter-of-fact, not full of flowery speech but with a little...he's a little more contemplative than I see him ever being, but that's just the nature of an "In the mind of" fanfic, so that's a moot point. Besides, it does make sense for him to acknowledge that he has an unusual contract within an already unusual job. I also like his thoughts on Ike - he respects him, but he still doesn't have any qualms about killing him, true to Volke form.

So...this was nice! (faves)
Aquatic-Idealist chapter 1 . 1/15/2008
Finally, a decent fic from Volke's point of view!

The quote at the beginning was cute. It's actually quite true, in a mischievous (or maybe worse) sort of way.

Ain't it sad though, that when we continue to experience evil things, we get so used to them that we no longer care?

He goes through a slight stream of consciousness, and sometimes that can get tiring, but, what the hey, it's refreshing to finally allow him to speak for himself. Many people just shrug him off as a bad person and leave it at that. Is he truly evil, or has he just been so disillusioned that he no longer feels the need to do good?

Things aren't that simple, and I personally enjoyed your little revealing of Volke and his thoughts. Good job.
Meelu the Bold chapter 1 . 1/15/2008
Oh, I liked that. It was interesting, I like Volke and it was a thoughtful turn on him.

Anyway, crit. I thought it was a typo at first, but then you did it again-Greil's other name is "Gawain" not "Gwain." There's nothing quite as unprofessional as misspelling the character's name.

The beginning was very strong and the ending had a resolution to it, but you drag out in the middle, when Volke is going on about dead babies and shit. You might consider, next time around, about trimming some extraneous explanation-we already know he's a bad person.