Reviews for Pentateuch
1111010101010101010delete10100 chapter 1 . 1/2/2011
intresting
Comet Wong chapter 6 . 4/8/2009
I am a very BIG Paine/Nooj fan...it's too bad there aren't many good fics out there to satisfy me...

I love your works...you portray their characters well...

Cheers!
heaven-monument chapter 6 . 6/25/2008
Eh, I think you should put this before Deuteronomy in the chapter order. But anyway, I like this very much! "Aquelev"... may I ask how in all hell you came up with that?

The RyRy chapter 6 . 6/24/2008
I like the second side of the story. The two go together well as a matched pair and would do just fine on their own.

I found the way you described the robe and the quick help of the passing Al Bhed and his son to be flashes of light in an otherwise dark piece. This description reflects the Al Bhed as a race themselves, I feel.

And Aquelev makes another "appearance", even only as a fake name. You certainly do enjoy that character. ;)
DarkenedPetals chapter 5 . 6/23/2008
Aw that's realy sad! But still great! Nice ending, if you excuse the depressing side to it! )
heaven-monument chapter 5 . 6/17/2008
Every X-2 hater MUST read this.

Scratch that, every X-2 PLAYER MUST read this. Because I love it. It's a little too abstract, a little too angsty, but a fantastic read anyway. If I ever feel depressed, this shall be my first stop.

Because in the words of Charlie Brown, 'If you're ever going to get any joy from being depressed, you've got to stand like this.' *Assumes depressed posture*

You know what I'm going to give you/10

The RyRy chapter 5 . 6/17/2008
You really seemed to bring out Paine's character in this one. Her making the laws reminds me strikingly of Nooj's own laws of honor... perhaps she didn't realize that he was infiltrating her life in that way too.

You really capture the melancholy moments there. The false name, the silence, her questions about others... I feel her panic and her pain, and I also feel how it lessens to a dull ache. You do all this with words alone. Fantastic!
Mandy I Am chapter 5 . 6/17/2008
I feel just as wary of the world as Paine does in this last chapter.

It's a fitting end to the story. Paine's pain (heh) is felt deeply as she tries to grasp what had happened to her and her friends.
DarkenedPetals chapter 4 . 5/19/2008
That was great..sorry took so long to review! Really wonderful! x
heaven-monument chapter 4 . 5/13/2008
At the risk of sounding extremely cliched, I love you.

I swear, why do you not have a job at Square Enix writing official backstories? We've got to get the word out! IKON/HILLARY '08!

...ahem. _

9.5/10

heaven-monument chapter 3 . 3/3/2008
In all obscurity, this is still outstanding. Can't wait for Numbers and Deuteronomy.

And yes, we all need someone like Gippal in our lives. (XD)

Angel Taisha chapter 3 . 3/1/2008
OY! Poor Paine's got her hands full trying to figure out the riddle that is Nooj. Better her than me, but that won't cease my curiosity of course so I'm glad to be tagging along in her thoughts. The rules are kind of like the ten commandments when you think about it. You're not supposed to question them, but follow them just the same. I could be wrong; I have a tendency to not think things through. They just reminded me of Catholic religion- follow the rules or you're a sinner/going to Hell.

Heh! Either way, nice installment.
DarkenedPetals chapter 2 . 1/25/2008
This is good! Very exciting! Grumpy NooJ! :P

Brillaint story though!
Angel Taisha chapter 2 . 1/24/2008
Your conversation dialogue seems different to me than from previous stories, but not in a bad way. I can't pinpoint it exactly but it seems...different! I like it- perhaps it seems simpler and flows better? Don't listen to me; I have no idea what I'm talking about and I'm exhausted.

Anyway- well done.
heaven-monument chapter 2 . 1/23/2008
Very, very nice. Interesting and mystical-ish. Characterisation, as always, is flawless.

Just a couple of things: The monster you are talking about is known as a Dual Horn (X) or a Nashorn (X-2). A Grothia does not exist as far as I know in X - it's just the name for Isaaru's Ifrit. And a crappy aeon at that. Isaaru sucks at summoning.

Also, I seriously doubt how you're going to do Leviticus and Deuteronomy... but I guess we'll leave it to your innate skill at fanfiction writing. XP