Reviews for Z is for Zyklon B
EmilyChelidon chapter 8 . 10/3/2013
Wow, this really touched me. The dream scenes made me cry. Those tragedies that happened in the war are so heartbreaking. I actually learned a lot from reading this as well. It's really great to see Don explore his heritage. Thank you _
Fractal Moonshine chapter 8 . 9/22/2013
I just read all eight chapters after seeing a rec on the numb3rsficfind group on livejournal. Great episode tag! I'm happy to see any stories that delve more deeply into the Jewish experience of the Eppes family. I visited Yad Vashem last year, and I was amazed at how people were able to survive and rebuild. Ms. Hellman selling the painting to fund a hospital unit was very much in keeping with that spirit. Don's characterization also seemed faithful to the show. Thank you.
Guest chapter 8 . 3/15/2013
What can I say, this broke my heart. The dream, memory, hallucination chapter was outstanding. From my own research and talking to a Polish survivor many years ago, I know so many of the details are accurate.

Well done for writing this in a world where anti semetism is rising steeply yet again. It's an ugly beast which often hides beneath a guise of being anti Israel, but scratch the surface and you will find the truth. We need to be aware!
bardtotheages chapter 8 . 12/6/2012
Good story. "Solid" one. Loved it very much. Ive been to Yad Va-Hashem and I do know where my familys ashes are (many of Ukraine Jews never made it out of Ukraine. Nazis put them in sinagoges and torched the buildings.)

only one question left... what info dons friend brings? ;) will it be sequel?
katriel1987 chapter 8 . 9/16/2012
I can't really begin to say how much this story has meant to me. I am not Jewish, but it has long been one of my deepest convictions that the Holocaust must NEVER be forgotten: neither the horror and brutality and suffering, nor the courage and hope and acts of heroism. Jew and Gentile alike, I believe, we MUST remember.

I have been enjoying your stories for some time; they are entertaining and well-written. I started this one expecting more of the same. What I found was the message of remembrance, ringing down the ages in a very unexpected place.

Thank you for writing this. Thank you for reminding us all. Here's to acts of courage, large and small.
pechika chapter 8 . 3/20/2012
The story was really well written. Glad there was a degree of healing for everyone.
Cissyaliza chapter 8 . 12/27/2010
A great fic above dramatic subject... The way you followed is very interesting and well writing. Congratulations.
Ninjatweety chapter 8 . 11/13/2008
OMG I love this story. I re-read every couple of weeks because it is so touching. Love this...Thank You
Kazuki Landen chapter 8 . 10/2/2008
Sweetie, that was fantastic. The chapter you considered not posting made me cry, and really got through to me - I've visited the 'Memorial to the murdered Jews of Europe' in Berlin, and it brought it home to me quite why such thing are required, and suddenly made it seem all the more real and horrific.

You've written an amazing story, and should be very, very proud of yourself.
An-Jelly-Ca chapter 8 . 7/4/2008
I loved this last chapter, it was utterly amazing, I especially liked the talk between Erika and Don. This entire story was wonderfully written. It was a pleasure to read.
An-Jelly-Ca chapter 7 . 7/4/2008
He looked over at Charlie with affection and love, and a certain amount of realisation. However much he learned, and whatever he found out; this was his time and place – bang in the present. He had his own, important role to play, rooted firmly in the here and now.

‘Family is our anchor to life – we lose it and we’re adrift.’

Erika’s words came back to haunt him again. They were beautiful – so poignant and sad.

Don gave thanks for his very own anchors.

He gave thanks for Charlie and dad.

Amazing chapter! I absolutely loved it, I loved Don and Charlie's talk.
An-Jelly-Ca chapter 6 . 7/4/2008
Wow, fantastic chapter, it was amazing, and totally and utterly heartbreaking. I loved the dream part and it tied in perfectly with the real life portions. Nice work!
An-Jelly-Ca chapter 5 . 7/4/2008
The night splintered into fragments like the facets of a prism.

Both the gun and the lights went off.

There was a heavy thud as somebody slumped to the floor. Don had a feeling it wasn’t Meathead. He staggered over what he thought was Peyton Shoemaker, and almost lost his balance and fell. Was he dead? Don didn’t have time to find out. The whole thing just ramped up to critical. He knew exactly what was going to happen, the second everything went black.

No time to waste. There was no time to waste.

Oh, wow. This chapter was amazing, beautifully written and amazing. I absolutely loved it. I'm glad they're there to rescue Don now.
An-Jelly-Ca chapter 4 . 5/16/2008
“I think we got all the time in the world. They lied to us – the Fed’s ain’t comin’.”

Oh God...things are about to get worse for poor Don aren't they?

Anyway, fantastic chapter, I absolutely loved it. (I've gotten quite behind on my reading, apparently.)
ApollinaNosia chapter 8 . 4/7/2008