Reviews for Kismet
rana2001 chapter 1 . 11/5/2013
who are you and what did you do to my heart
Progenitus chapter 1 . 4/7/2013
Everybody comes here to look for a 'happily ever after' ending for Peter and Wendy-and so did I. But the thing is, the more I read, the more restless and unsatisfying it was. The thought of 'Peter and Wendy' could not sustain itself for long enough, just like the 2nd and 3rd ending. It is true, the story is bound to be a tragedy, but the least of the tragedies is the canonical ending-so does the story still count as a tragedy then, or just the 'best of all possible worlds'?
Anyway, brilliant writing, you captured the whimsical tone very well.
GalanthaDreams chapter 1 . 4/5/2013
A brilliant piece that will haunt my dreams, no doubt. The realism and bittersweet nature of these endings leaves me aching but strangely satisfied. You showcase a wonderful talent in this.
Annie chapter 1 . 6/17/2012
Beautiful! Wonderful choices for the endings - such a lovely and haunting piece. Thanks for sharing!
Nukumi chapter 1 . 5/22/2012
Oh, the cleverness of YOU! DO you know that (while I've read my share of stories similar to 1) I've never read anything quite like scenarios 2 and 3? I mean, 3 is fantastic (Once upon a time, a girl feel in love with a boy, then married him and both lost themselves) but seriously 2 is off the charts WHOA. Wendy really *could* have been Peter; for all the responsibility she had the boys lacked, she was still very much characteristically a hero. And then she finds herself a 'Barrie'! Ugh. It's beautiful in a hideous way. I may damn well fave this.
neverlasting-legend chapter 1 . 1/2/2012
I felt you capture every single ending beautifully even though they each nearly brought me to tears. The quote at the beginning really does tell the truth.
PrincessLazyPants chapter 1 . 10/4/2011
Oh my god, this is probably the most well written, but saddest, peter pan story I've ever read. There were parts where I thought "This is it, they'll have their happily ever after!" but you stuck by the themes present in the original peter pan and you kept his character the same as it always has been, even if Peter does grow up. I loved the quote "and he did not live - he simply grew older" and also the ending to the second part (which is a VERY original piece, by the way, not that the other parts weren't original either, because they were) with Peter growing old and alone, following the footsteps of Hook. It's so sad that they will never live the happily ever after that I dreamed of, but your writing is so beautiful, I loved it anyway.
ChipsPlease chapter 1 . 7/23/2011
Oh, I honestly just love this. It's one of those semi-tragedy stories that are much more heartbreaking than if everyone died or something. Erm, sorry for the lack of coherancy here, I just really needed to say that I love, love, love this fic. You did a beautiful job with it.
Enjoyed it chapter 1 . 2/7/2011
"And that is the way of the Neverland."

Must all stories end up twisted; their *happilyeverafters* tied up in knots, choking those who wanted them?

This story is dark in a way, but in a good one.
Anidori-Kiladra chapter 1 . 7/9/2010
That was lovely and sad. Quite sad, and quite lovely, and both, I think, in just the right amount.
PeanutTree chapter 1 . 6/26/2010
Wow! I love the way these unfurl as different paths but with echoes of each other in them. The second was my favorite.
hopelessromantic549 chapter 1 . 3/23/2010
so wonderful. all your stories are, really.

He loved her as a boy and he hates her as a man. It is the way of the Neverland.

faerietaleredux chapter 1 . 8/26/2009
Wow, I'm so depressed now. Mostly because you have the characters down so pat that it felt real. And the story already had a horribly sad ending to me, so these endings are all the worse for me. Of course I don't mean they're bad. Your writing is wonderful. But they are sad. Though that epigraph should have warned me of that eventuality.

I'm still very sad. I like to delude myself into believing Peter Pan and happy endings aren't an impossible combination (even if deep down I know it's true).
jada jasmine chapter 1 . 2/21/2009
breathtaking and enthralling and true and sad and beautiful.

wowza.
Rosa Cotton chapter 1 . 2/9/2009
Still as heartbreaking and beautiful as the first time I read this. *sigh* So magical.

Hope you'll write again for this fandom someday. :)