Reviews for Climb
June Odyssey chapter 1 . 2/1/2013
First off, that was hilariously fun to read! I don't know if it was your intent but I'm pretty sure you meant the other kid was Sheppard. I would really love to read a chapter 2/sequel to this! I can just imagine one of the two telling the others and the other figuring it out! The idea is just too funny! In any case, great job, it was a unique view point but I enjoyed it when I figured it out :)

Wonderful!
June
Azamiko chapter 1 . 6/16/2010
Like trees, hate walls.
Zirra Nova chapter 1 . 5/18/2010
I rather like this little story...and I think it really deserves a sequel...I could imagine John(the hair~~~) maybe being persuaded(aka forced) to tell his team mates something about his past...and this being the thing he picks...since it would probably be a rather "safe" incident...and then Rodney reacts...

Rodney's very good at reactions...it's practically his specialty. 8B

~Zirra
hajimebassaidai chapter 1 . 4/23/2010
The best "they met before" fic I've seen! Love the idea of Rodney being frustrated mainly that they wouldn't let him climb up or down himself! Wondering if you've ever thought of doing a second chapter where McKay finds out who the other kid actually was? If you do I'll bring the popcorn!
Whirlwind421 chapter 1 . 5/3/2009
I love it! Awesome!
reachedfortheemergencybrake chapter 1 . 8/28/2008
Hehe, that is so Rodney! That kid was Sheppard, wasn't he? What a nasty trick and Rodney completely fell for it! :)
angelfangrl chapter 1 . 8/18/2008
That was fantastic. Loved it. And that would totally happen at a "Disneyland resort".
Trishkafibble chapter 1 . 8/14/2008
Well I have to say, this one's pretty improbable...but So. Utterly. Cool. _ Love the first-person, one-sided thing you've done with the narration, it really works well with the story. And, really, the way you describe Rodney's thinking on the matter, and the progression of his conquests...I can actually kinda see him doing this-and when I look at the climbing as a precursor to the seemingly uncharacteristic physical courage he displays in Atlantis, then wow, it really does make sense, in a way!

And then there's John. Little BOY John, which is for to squee in itself! But also, the interaction is *perfect*-especially the fact that he rats Rodney out! Because I can totally imagine what Rodney doesn't: John watching this pasty-faced, nerdy little kid getting higher and higher, obviously too stupid to understand the danger he's in, and it's ALL JOHN'S FAULT. Of course, by the time they get Roddy down, he's all cool and flippant again, but, you know-JOHN.
Kirinin chapter 1 . 7/4/2008
Bwah ha ha! John is so evil! This was so much fun, I loved the one-sided conversation... the candy bar bit (80:30... 50:50... okay you can have the whole thing), the 'it is *so* a sport', the 'nonono, don't ask mom!'

And thanks again for pointing me to it. It's a good, unique little Rodney character piece. I enjoyed it muchly.

-K
Jinxauthor Mel chapter 1 . 3/13/2008
I enjoyed the writing style of this one. Although admittedly, it took me three tries to figure out what you were doing and how I should read this story (i.e. how I should imagine it being told).

It was interesting and funny and exiting, maybe *too* exiting as I remember sitting on coals waiting for ... I'm not sure, really, *something* - only to feel a little disappointed in the end.

*think*

I found the actions of the hair-boy quite mean, and I think I was most disappointed that he got away with it when Rodney landed in so much trouble. (Specifically, that he got away with it TO THIS VERY DAY.) So maybe what I was waiting for was some kind of resolution.

Or else I simply don't understand American culture well enough to really get what happened there?

Anyway, it was still a fun story to read because it's just so nice to believe Rodney capable of doing something so cool.

(Once.)
kiku65 chapter 1 . 2/1/2008
Oh John. You were really a brat weren't you? And it's so easy to imagine... :)

"I am not afraid of heights. I’m afraid of falling."

Very sensible. I'm afraid of landing. Falling don't hurt, but the landing sure does.
highonstargate chapter 1 . 1/22/2008
Ha! Love it! I'm so sure that it's Shepperd!:D
corneroffandom chapter 1 . 1/20/2008
ROFL... poor Rodney :D John strikes again. It's REALLY weird because I'm planning a kid Rodney/John fic too where they meet.
drey'auc475 chapter 1 . 1/18/2008
I LOVE IT! that was so funny! and i so believe that sheppard would sell rodney out after convincing him to climb the building!

bloody fantastic!
rubycaspar chapter 1 . 1/18/2008
Ah, brilliant. I can't wait to see Quarantine. I loved the way you told this, with just his side of the conversation with Jeanie it was so cute.