Reviews for Love Covers All Sins
detectivejigsaw chapter 2 . 9/7
I love this chapter too-the idea that Holmes needs help figuring out why Watson's hurt from Mrs. Hudson, and that he does genuinely feel it; well done.
detectivejigsaw chapter 1 . 9/7
Good job!
In the original stories, at times Watson seems far too complacent with everything Holmes does to him. I like that you're having him stand up for himself.
Icecat62 chapter 3 . 3/16
This was a lovely example of how deep a friendship these two share.
Reader chapter 3 . 5/22/2014
Lovely ending, lovely fic - I have enjoyed it very, very much. Thank you.
Reader chapter 2 . 5/22/2014
What a lovely and insightful Mrs. Hudson you have here!
Reader chapter 1 . 5/22/2014
I actually discovered your ACD's canon fanfiction by accident when searching for a Sherlock (BBC) fic but I have to say you are great in filling up these behind the scene moments. Thank you for that! Pity that the BBC's version does not work with these old pieces themselves a bit - particularly The Adventure of a Dying Detective would suit current Sherlock and John really good IMO as would The Devil's Root.
Animosh chapter 3 . 9/2/2013
Love it! It was so typical of Holmes to not even understand why Watson was so upset, but it was also so typical Watson, to start blaming himself right after speaking his mind. *shakes head amused* these two really have the most wonderous, but beautiful friendship which I think you managed to capture perfectly :)
Werde Spinner chapter 3 . 8/19/2013
I may have been a bit of an oblivious reader, but I'm not sure thatt I've noticed the hidden Bible verse - other than a suspicion that something about, "Even criminals are given a chance to defend themselves," was in one of St. Paul's epistles. I could be dead wrong, though.

In other news, this is a beautiful story. Honestly, I'm at a loss to explain how much I like your writing here. Which is a good thing, right?
Werde Spinner chapter 2 . 8/19/2013
Mrs. Hudson is a marvel. It takes an uncommon woman to be a landlady to these two - and especiall to tell them off when they telling off. Holmes has purposefully destroyed her carpet before? Oh, goodness. That sounds like a story to tell!
Werde Spinner chapter 1 . 8/19/2013
Oh, goodness. Watson has really had it this time. No doubt Holmes had his reasons, but sometimes reasons that make sense to the brilliant ignore a few of the finer feelings us less brilliant people do not like to be ignored. There were no punches pulled in this spat, were there?
FFX2player chapter 1 . 6/27/2013
Having just listened to this story as done by the BBC Radio a moment ago, I had to come back and read this again. I'm not sure why I missed the deeper emotional impact of this story when I read it as a teenager, but as an adult, I feel it far more. You story definitely does it justice.
Nimthiriel Eruhin chapter 3 . 12/26/2012
That was soo good! I always felt sorry for Watson in the extreme during that story, and was put off the way Holmes treated him. This is the perfect elaboration on that story! Thanks! :)
Sundapple chapter 3 . 12/22/2012
Love it! Holmes actually gets a smack in the head about what an idiot he is sometimes, but it doesn't destroy his friendship with Watson-of course, nothing ever could.
What I love the most about everything of yours I've read so far is how you manage to show that Holmes really does have feelings, but it doesn't seem out of character when you do it. It's like a blend of ACD's Holmes and BBC's Sherlock. You get to see something of the human being behind the calculator, but he still remains the same person.
Fantastic job!
cjn chapter 3 . 10/4/2012
I always wondered what Watson did after the end of The Dying Detective. This is probably it.

And I love Mrs. Hudson :)
Guest chapter 3 . 9/7/2012