Reviews for A Twinkle in His Eye
Um the Muse chapter 1 . 3/21
Wow, I was just thinking that this would make a good plot-and here you have all ready written it. No fair! :P
missgsmith51 chapter 1 . 2/2
Sounds about right to me. Then again, while I love Alan Rickman, I really do not like Snape at all. As a teacher, I find him an offense to all members of the profession. Quite honestly, it's less of a stretch to believe this version of Snape than the many Severitus "good Snape" descriptions - mainly because Dumbledore was so gullible when it came to Bad Boys.
Assasin Nero chapter 1 . 1/16
the snape of your fic is evil.
puiwaihin chapter 1 . 5/21/2014
Idea: 5/5 Execution: 3/5
Writing wasn't bad, but it could have been much, much more. You could have done a dark, serious version, or a much more humorous version and made it much more enjoyable.
PSay chapter 1 . 5/7/2013
This is really different view of the story. It fits with the original in a twisted kind of way. These are new explanation that would work with the story. Thanks for a new look. pms
Runecutter chapter 1 . 10/12/2012
Very nice! Finally another explanation for the annoying disco-eyes of his many-namedness and one to boot that makes a lot more sense than the idea that all the mishaps of seven years were based on a plan a person everybody who knew him regarded as mostly sane if somewhat eccentric and a mighty wizard too... Wonderful work!
Kerubim chapter 1 . 4/26/2012
Ok its very clear that you don't like snape and that is fine. Infact you really don't like characters who are 'jerks' that's fine too. But snape isn't so one dimensional as you seem to think.

First off ask yourself this: was snape taught to be a teacher and did he ever want to be one? By looking at cannon the answer is no and no. And thats a problem. Not everyone is suited to be a teacher that is why you must have the personality, drive, and education to become one. Snape is an introvert and a genius. Those two things do not make a good teacher.

And lets look at his past: abusive parents, bullying that goes to harassment and almost getting killed, spying, having no friends, having to deal with the trio who are not as angelic as you paint them (no character is wholly good or evil even JK says so with the exception of voldy) , never getting the chance to mature thanks to the environment and dumbles, having way too much on his plate (more then any teacher especially in book 3). No wonder he's so fucked up. He's a dick, emotionally stunted, socially retarded, a grenius, has a temper, and is mentally screwed up because of how he was raised. Oh , and hes miserable all the time he's got serious depression and it's easy to see. He's never going to be teacher material. Infact he'd be much better and happier in a privae lab where he could work alone.

I'm not saying he's a angelic man. He's not he's not a person you would go out for drinks with, but I just don't find it fair that he is so black and white and Harry isnt.

I'm always glad to talk to others on the subject but only if character bashing is put aside and an actual discussion is reached. If your willing to go deeper into snapes mind and be open minded then I am willing to do so with Harry potter. :)
TwiLyght Sans Sparkles chapter 1 . 6/15/2011
I wanted to like this story. I really did. I usually like "behind-the-scenes" fics, and Dumbledore is a very complex figure, with a lot of "behind-the-scenes" material. However, I felt the execution of this fic could use a lot of improvement. For example, when you say: "Albus trusted that Severus was right and that Harry would grow up to have a strong character. He also trusted Snape's explanations of the dramatic decrease in the number of students taking N.E.W.T. level Potions, as well as his explanations of why Slytherin house had suddenly begun winning the house cup every year, despite the fact that they used to be in last place," you're telling. You're summing up all of this juicy character development that would have been so interesting to read about, and just sticking us with a few sentences about what happened. It's cheating, really.

If you tighten up the prose a bit, it could be really good.
red neo ranger chapter 1 . 11/23/2010
very good
ARedHair chapter 1 . 5/4/2010
Cute. Certainly explains the dicotomy between Dumbldore's reputation as a wise and caring person and his actions wrt Harry..
anon chapter 1 . 4/5/2010
All the old manipulative Dumbledore cliches. Honestly, I don't get the reason why people blame Dumbledore for everything bad happening to Harry. Nevermind Harry routinely finding trouble for himself. He would not have looked twice at the corridor if Malfoy hadn't "invited" him to a duel. I doubt it was a prearranged scheme just to lure out voldemort and set up a you say about potions don't have one iota of canon proof supporting it. It never said Slytherin was last or that it was an overelaborate plan to underpolice the ministry. Penseive memories can be tampered with as shown in HBP. Even a charm to implant a false memory was referenced. Thus, they will count for Bones had no more reason to believe in Sirius' innocence than anybody else. If even Lupin believed it till he saw the map and confirmed, you know what you're dealing with. Also, I doubt he would've let Harry take part in the Triwizard Tournament if there was an alternative. Karkaroff or Maxime would've cried "foul" if the "binding magical contract" was a farce. In every one of your stories, you make Mcgonagall a champion of Harry's rights(others do as well). She was in canon, just as complacent as anybody else. So I doubt she would request Harry to be made a prefect. She never saw him as anything other than an ordinary student. Only Dumbledore could've cared enough to influence that. She expressed outrage once but quickly got over it. Of course, you and everybody else blow the Dursleys out of proportion. I don't need to get into that. I doubt Snape could've imperiused Sirius so easily. They were close to the same level of skill and I'm pretty sure he was taught to fight the curse. I don't think Dumbledore recruits just any loser. The blood protection which is considered non-existent by many was confirmed in GOF by Voldemort. Look it up. finally, you go on and on about Harry training to fight Voldemort but completely deny that Harry could never reach his skill level in one or even 10 years. The level of magic you are suggesting should've been taught was gained over a century of practice. No average school kid could come close to grasping it. Of course, he could've tried to make Harry better but he admitted to placing doubt on the credibility of the prophecy. He also didn't count on dying till HBP by which time it was too late anyway. I don't deny the old man committed mistakes but he wasn't half the bastard you make him out to be. Also, I don't think such a compulsion potion Malfoy would've used it instead of bribes. The Death Eaters were two dimensional but they were no fools. Anyways, I end this review saying you could've done far better.
Marj123 chapter 1 . 1/25/2010
Ah, all those mysteries of canon finally explained. Well done.
Luiz4200 chapter 1 . 12/10/2009
For a while, I thought this fic would go out of canon. While I don't like the idea of Snape actually being the villain, I'm surprised at how you made it fit the original book series. I'm Rita Skeeter would love exploiting this angle while writing Snape's biography.
scorpioneldar chapter 1 . 10/20/2009
this explainss so much thanks who knows this could have even been cannon :) not really but it works
Yaygerlime chapter 1 . 3/15/2009
oh man, i normally love your stories. My personal favorite is If Snape Died, but this is just plain sick and disturbing. Dont get me wrong, it's an interesting way to look at things, but some part of my mind kinda feels that Snapes actions in this were just cruelty to a new extreme. I hate the greasy git, but even by his standards this was disturbing.

Its kinda making me rethink the canon.

Still despite the fact that the idea creeps me out, it is a very good fic.