Reviews for A Twinkle in His Eye
Korelion chapter 1 . 11/12
Great one-shot !
First time I read something that explains the twinkle and the "Manipulative Dumbledore" with something different than "ALbus is a bad guy/Greater Good' guy"

Well done !
Corwyn chapter 1 . 2/9
This actually makes perfect sense. Thanks for sharing the story with us.
GodricGeoffreyGryffindor chapter 1 . 7/16/2016
Makes at least as much sense as canon does. Earns a fav from me.
Guest chapter 1 . 6/21/2016
It is a very good explanation for Dumbledore's actions.
I don't understand how anybody can read canon, especially the last books, and consider Dumbledore to be a good guy. Yes, he projects the image of being benevolent and all knowing, but look at his actions. At the end of book 5 he even admitted that he knew he condemned Harry to ten dark and difficult years when he placed him with the Dursleys.
There are three main explanations for Dumbledore:
1. He really has the best intentions, but he is a fool or became senile. Then he is a fool with far too much power.
2. He is intentionally evil, or doesn't care about anybody but himself, or at least not about Harry.
3. He is controlled by someone else who is evil, like in this story.

After book 7 it makes sense that he intentionally placed Harry with the Dursleys, so that Harry would consider himself worthless and be willing to die.
Even if we just consider the first chapter of book 1, Dumbledore doesn't even have the decency to tell Petunia in person that her sister is dead and she should take care of Harry.

Also in the first chapter, Dumbledore explicitly says he wouldn't remove Harry's scar even if he could. As Harry's scar Horcrux is the reason he has to die, Dumbledore implicitly says he wouldn't save Harry's life even if he could. So I don't know how anybody can consider Dumbledore a good guy.
Arla Logan chapter 1 . 12/29/2015
Really cool idea!
dreammyth chapter 1 . 6/19/2015
WOW! I love a good "behind the scenes" twist.
Um the Muse chapter 1 . 3/21/2015
Wow, I was just thinking that this would make a good plot-and here you have all ready written it. No fair! :P
missgsmith51 chapter 1 . 2/2/2015
Sounds about right to me. Then again, while I love Alan Rickman, I really do not like Snape at all. As a teacher, I find him an offense to all members of the profession. Quite honestly, it's less of a stretch to believe this version of Snape than the many Severitus "good Snape" descriptions - mainly because Dumbledore was so gullible when it came to Bad Boys.
Ferm chapter 1 . 1/16/2015
the snape of your fic is evil.
Sarcasm Dragon chapter 1 . 5/21/2014
Idea: 5/5 Execution: 3/5
Writing wasn't bad, but it could have been much, much more. You could have done a dark, serious version, or a much more humorous version and made it much more enjoyable.
PSay chapter 1 . 5/7/2013
This is really different view of the story. It fits with the original in a twisted kind of way. These are new explanation that would work with the story. Thanks for a new look. pms
Runecutter chapter 1 . 10/12/2012
Very nice! Finally another explanation for the annoying disco-eyes of his many-namedness and one to boot that makes a lot more sense than the idea that all the mishaps of seven years were based on a plan a person everybody who knew him regarded as mostly sane if somewhat eccentric and a mighty wizard too... Wonderful work!
Kerubim chapter 1 . 4/26/2012
Ok its very clear that you don't like snape and that is fine. Infact you really don't like characters who are 'jerks' that's fine too. But snape isn't so one dimensional as you seem to think.

First off ask yourself this: was snape taught to be a teacher and did he ever want to be one? By looking at cannon the answer is no and no. And thats a problem. Not everyone is suited to be a teacher that is why you must have the personality, drive, and education to become one. Snape is an introvert and a genius. Those two things do not make a good teacher.

And lets look at his past: abusive parents, bullying that goes to harassment and almost getting killed, spying, having no friends, having to deal with the trio who are not as angelic as you paint them (no character is wholly good or evil even JK says so with the exception of voldy) , never getting the chance to mature thanks to the environment and dumbles, having way too much on his plate (more then any teacher especially in book 3). No wonder he's so fucked up. He's a dick, emotionally stunted, socially retarded, a grenius, has a temper, and is mentally screwed up because of how he was raised. Oh , and hes miserable all the time he's got serious depression and it's easy to see. He's never going to be teacher material. Infact he'd be much better and happier in a privae lab where he could work alone.

I'm not saying he's a angelic man. He's not he's not a person you would go out for drinks with, but I just don't find it fair that he is so black and white and Harry isnt.

I'm always glad to talk to others on the subject but only if character bashing is put aside and an actual discussion is reached. If your willing to go deeper into snapes mind and be open minded then I am willing to do so with Harry potter. :)
TwiLyght Sans Sparkles chapter 1 . 6/15/2011
I wanted to like this story. I really did. I usually like "behind-the-scenes" fics, and Dumbledore is a very complex figure, with a lot of "behind-the-scenes" material. However, I felt the execution of this fic could use a lot of improvement. For example, when you say: "Albus trusted that Severus was right and that Harry would grow up to have a strong character. He also trusted Snape's explanations of the dramatic decrease in the number of students taking N.E.W.T. level Potions, as well as his explanations of why Slytherin house had suddenly begun winning the house cup every year, despite the fact that they used to be in last place," you're telling. You're summing up all of this juicy character development that would have been so interesting to read about, and just sticking us with a few sentences about what happened. It's cheating, really.

If you tighten up the prose a bit, it could be really good.
red neo ranger chapter 1 . 11/23/2010