Reviews for The Memory Keepers
PotterFanSteve chapter 1 . 1/18/2008
INteresting scene, Lexie.

I've never really pictured the HP characters in this particular story as being so fragile.

Your writing, as always, is really good. I'm not sure if the sentence 'Harry feels it poignant to leave' works in context of that moment. Is it possible to be poignant to leave? :)

Keep the stories coming - I'm slowly getting through all of them!
OnTheVergeOfExtinction chapter 1 . 1/18/2008
Wonderful, as per usual. I love opening my inbox to see a Lexie-H update! Great, great job.
Fan of 1 chapter 1 . 1/18/2008
wow heavy stuff! from lily and james at school goin hunky dory to weaslys dealing with fred wow. does it work... yea i think it does its quit realistic keep going i look forward to see where you go with this. i really enjoyed the phillip pullmans books 2 and had i not already read them it would have been a really good recomendation!
fragilestrength chapter 1 . 1/17/2008
Have I ever told you that you're depressing? No?

Lexie, love, you're depressing.

Seriously. Maybe it's just me - the very idea of it being over and the end depresses me to no end - but this is just horrible. Very done and finished and melancholy and beautifully well-written and perfect but depressing.

'It’s been a year, a year pitted with the mountains of grief and the occasional potholes of happiness, those moments that are either a relentless struggle or ones that they’ve rather fallen into, by complete accident.'

My favorite. Very poetic and well-written without being over-the-top. D

Very, very good. Despite being near-tears, I'm favoring it. DD

-Cayenne
FranCheesecake chapter 1 . 1/17/2008
aw...i always get choaked up when i read about how Fred's death affects the Weasley's and this story is no different...brilliantly done!

FCC
True Queen Of Chaos chapter 1 . 1/17/2008
Oh wow.

That was an amazing amazing fic. The emotions were so powerful through the whole thing, you are an author beyond talented!
SharkiesGirl chapter 1 . 1/17/2008
Absolutely beautiful! It left me in awe.

Your descriptions were wonderful, your characters were written marvellously. Their emotions, the way they act, it was very realistic. It was perfect.

-Sharkie

xoxo
MatoakaWilde chapter 1 . 1/17/2008
That was really good! You captured the emotion of the event well. I liked when you described George trying to reinvent himself. Some people write the post-Fred George as a funny jokester who is fully recovered and that always gets on my nerves, to me it discredits the weight on Fred's death. I shall give you 3 smiles : ) : ) : )
Merakien chapter 1 . 1/17/2008
*sniff* This was so sad, but amazingly so. I am sorry if this is how it is for you, so sorry about your friend. I am a little ashamed that I loved it so much; it must have been hell for you to write it. I hope that Luke continues to live on in your heart and your memories. Know that your friends love you.
bonnie-incognito chapter 1 . 1/17/2008
Oh, you made me cry! The last line just summed the whole thing up perfectly... I think it's a matter of not forgetting, but remembering the life you have yourself. :)

I like it. A lot. It's a *beautiful* story! It shows the ups and downs of hurt and comfort, because there's a difference between being strong and invincible, no matter how thin the line may be... I like the atmosphere, sort of mournful yet vaguely hopeful, in some form, all at once.

Good one!

~Bonnie
Cuban Sombrero Gal chapter 1 . 1/17/2008
I'm not going to say this is the best thing you've ever written, but I think it's one of the most real. Grief comes in so many different forms, and I think you've captured a lot of them here, and of course the personal experience, while it's probably not something you ever wanted, it's made the whole story seem so much more poignant because you actually know what you're talking about.

Definitely a favourite.