Reviews for The First Cut is the Deepest
Floralia chapter 2 . 1/20/2008
Great ending. I think you got Dean’s level of protectiveness over a newly returned Sam spot on in this, and I like how not having a definitive answer to what caused his little episode means Dean can’t relax his guard again afterwards. I really like that it was stress and not something supernatural (although I’m sure the supernatural doesn’t help). After such a sudden life change it’s believable that Sam should be feeling the effects.

I really liked the ending, the sense of moving on and relief. And Sam questioning why Dean didn’t catch him.
carocali chapter 2 . 1/19/2008
Nice medical history - as always - and a cool little twist. This all plays well into the timeframe you've chosen and Sam being stressed.

Ah, the beginnings of Big Brother Dean after Stanford. LOVE that, and you write it so well!

Great work!

;D

Caroline
sairah chapter 2 . 1/19/2008
Nicely done..ticked all my hurt Sam/angsty Dean boxes.

Look forward to your next story.
Lucian32 chapter 2 . 1/19/2008
love it!
supernaturalsammy67 chapter 2 . 1/19/2008
OOHH whats Every Breath You Take about? lol

yes i will read it

cos this story has been perfect!, lol its nice to see you've done a Limp Sam fic but not from a huge gaping wound-but from something you wouldn't expect, and things that are realistic to happen to people like us, not the everyday supernaturl fighting people lol

and thanks to your amazing writing and author talents youve shown it and described it beautifully!

Its great to see how simple on their own things like stress or losing a girlfriend coupled with other factors can cause such problems, makes you see the brothers are really vulnerable and anything can happen, you made it work out really well and it felt believable, it makes our boys even more heroic lol

thanks for great chapters hun. this has been an incredibale fic

x you should be proud x

Fiona
Faye Dartmouth chapter 2 . 1/19/2008
It seems like everyone forgets just how much Sam was going through at this point in his life (and ever since then-the kid hasn't had a break!). So I love the simplicity of this. It's just so realistic.

And Dean should have caught Sam. Bad, bad Dean :)
KatieLB chapter 2 . 1/19/2008
Another great chapter and great ending to a good story. Nothing makes me happier then an over worried Dean and limp sam. Ive hurt my back before and it is a bitch to deal with for weeks. So great job on this one and I'll keep an eye out for the new story. And you will be the first to know if I ever get that urge LOL. ttyl ~ m
shelby02 chapter 2 . 1/19/2008
Great story, great brotherly interaction. I am looking forward to your next story.
ziggy.uk chapter 2 . 1/19/2008
Brilliant chapter! You got the perfect balance with the brotherly concern and the embarrassment suffered by both of them with Dean's ministrations to Sam! And loved the humour with Officer Jones hitting on Sam with the offer of a Pampered Chef can opener!

Nice touch actually having Sam agree to a doctor's examination, mainly I think to put his brothers mind at rest and nice how she put it in layman's terms for Dean that it was stress coupled with the migraine medication and the cut that caused Sam to pass out!

Loved the ending with the manly punches which told each brother how much the other cared for him!

Great story, loved it, thanks!
Ghostwriter chapter 2 . 1/19/2008
Great job. Catch ya on the flip side.
BlueEyedDemonLiz chapter 2 . 1/19/2008
Loved it. There were so many lines which stood out but this one was a favourite:

"He took in the curve of his brother’s pale cheek, fist resting against it just like when Sam was a baby. Apparently that was one habit Sam hadn’t shed when he’d gone off to college."

It just makes me think of a time when Sam still possessed his innocence. Really sweet. Liz x
Kaewi chapter 2 . 1/19/2008
Great ending! Stress, eh? It had to happen to him sooner or later. I like that it was something so mundane that caused something so severe.
Ciya chapter 2 . 1/18/2008
Unconscious Sam, angsty Dean what a great combination. :) Your descriptions are great and I could invision most of what you wrote, I skipped the Harpy didn't want nightmares.
TraSan chapter 2 . 1/18/2008
I'm still guessing it is at least in part, the visions starting and they just don't know it.

But - true enough - Sam's life WAS stress in the opening of season one. I really like that you answered the question, but still left just enough doubt to let us read between the lines.

Excellent story!
Enkidu07 chapter 2 . 1/18/2008
That was fantastic! Chapter 2 was even better than chapter 1! I love the descriptions of Dean caring for Sam - just the right combination of exquisite detail, offhand embarrassment, and tender concern. I loved it so much that once I reached the end I scrolled back up and read it again!
73 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »