Reviews for Heart of a Badger
I like the differences.
tricorvus chapter 5 . 1/8
Excellent
tricorvus chapter 4 . 1/8
Quite good. You've changed up some things and it's refreshing. If it was me, I'd be as keen as Hermione. Ps I'm a Hufflepuff myself.
tricorvus chapter 2 . 1/8
Good start. AU or not, Harry's mother's name is Lily, the flower.
Notaveryaffablerabbit chapter 15 . 12/18/2016
Ah, well, it was nice while it lasted. It seemed to have an interesting set up and I was curious to see where it went.
Notaveryaffablerabbit chapter 6 . 12/18/2016
I normally only review stories at the end, but I have to compliment you now for the Trevor bit. It's a great image, funny and wouldn't be out of place at all in the original books. I really hope I enjoy the rest of the story as much as I enjoyed this chapter.
NatNicole chapter 15 . 6/29/2016
This story is freakin' AWESOME!
Considering his upbringing, this Harry is far more realistic than the canon one (he WAS abused, yet showed no signs of it except committing suicide at end of Book 7).
This Fangirling Muggle chapter 15 . 1/18/2016
This is great! Are you going to finish it?
Harric is Life chapter 15 . 10/4/2015
Why do you guys do this? A story is going on beautifully then it abruptly stops. I feel like I'm reading ASOIAF. I want this amazing story to continue, please don't forget about this story.
reader1writer1 chapter 15 . 6/9/2014
i've enjoyed this. hope you get back to it sometime :)
AJ chapter 12 . 6/14/2013
Loving this story so far. Always interested in seeing Hufflepuff (my house) in a story, since they are so underrepresented in fanfic (unless they're being used as an insult). I've read Draco as a Hufflepuff (for some odd reason), but Harry seems a much better fit.

Also, I hate to be "that guy", but that cauldron shopkeeper should probably go into a different profession since he doesn't seem to know too much about metals.

Gold is a soft metal, but pewter is still softer since it is at least 90% tin (both tin and lead are softer than gold) Copper, bismuth and antimony are mixed with the tin to strengthen it, but it still doesn't reach the point that the pewter becomes harder than gold or silver. Pewter is actually far more reactive than gold to most elements: air will tarnish pewter in a few days, it oxidizes in undistilled water and reacts to even mild acids like fruit acids, vinegar and flower sap. Special care needs to be used to care for pewter because so many things react with the metal. Pewter also has a much lower melting point. You can't even put pewter on a stove or in an oven because it will melt at the same temperature you would bake pie in. You can actually melt many pewter items with an ordinary candle.

Frankly, I think the only reason firsties have to use pewter is because it's so cheap, widely available and because they'll probably end up blowing up or melting a several baker's dozens of them over their school career anyway.

Gold meanwhile is prized for being one of the LEAST reactive metals. Only chlorine, fluorine, aqua regia and sodium cyanide will react with gold. Gold is also one of the few elements that does not dissolve in nitric acid, which will attack copper and most other metals

Snape should have called Harry out on this really. Either our dear potions master needs to brush up on his chemistry as well, or he was actually secretly hoping to sabotage the poor kid ;)
Luiz4200 chapter 15 . 8/21/2012
I wonder what will come to light because of this medical record issue. Hopefully they'll figure out Harry contains a piece of Voldemort's soul.
Luiz4200 chapter 9 . 8/20/2012
Like quills, they're more personal than those factory pens you Muggleborn seem to favor. Better for magic, when you use something personal.

That explains Lockhart's quill.
Luiz4200 chapter 7 . 8/20/2012
If the acceptance letter called him "Harry Dursley", why was he called "Harry Potter" during the sorting?